Everyone’s favorite word for diaper?

always been nappy for me and at 65 I'm not about to change (pardon threpun).

• Haha
Reactions: Lyokodl and chrischrischris
Even though I liked hearing the word diaper when I was little, it also struck a tiny wave of panic in me whenever I saw a diaper after potty-training, heard the word or read the word. I never once said it as a child or teen...a possible latent symptom of my autism? I wanted to be back in Pampers again so badly it hurt but I knew I'd be ridiculed, shamed, cast off...even at 4 and up. I went introvert over it.

I never really started saying the word until I got married and became an instant dad to a stepson...it was like sink-or-swim, since diapers would be in our family until potty-training so it had to be done. 11 years before, I rediscovered wearing diapers (and accidentally had my first brush with The Big M) using fanfold toddler Pampers; 4 years before, I discovered Attends, the first me-sized diapers I ever wore. I was very, very closet and fearful about it but I told my then-fiancée about it shortly after I gave her my virginity. She shrugged, thought it odd, but said "don't expect me to change you or baby you". Fair enough...to my relief.

Now...I'm divorced. I filed, diapers had no hand in it but rather my ex's felonious trends. I'm still very tight with the kids, they found out but are okay with it...we just don't talk about it and it all stays in my personal living space, which is fine by me. I'm my own Baby now, diapers are a big part of my private life, I wear them and use other Big Baby items (plastic pants, bottles, binkies, teddy bear, clothing, etc.) whenever I can. But the #1 item in a baby's world and the word for it will always be diaper. 🤗🧷🥰🧸🍼

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 70sPampers, Joediaper, Lyokodl and 3 others
I've taken to calling them poofs because my brain is still too shy and nervous to say diaper out loud to people. :rolleyes: Nappy is cute, but it doesn't feel as natural. Poof just feels comfy and safe, and only people who know the code will understand what I'm saying. XD

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
My favorite name is just "Diapers". My favorite brand name is "Pampers". (Huggies is somewhat a distant second, I have no love for Luvs) My favorite discrete word for the is "padding"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 70sPampers, RedPandaDL and BobbiSueEllen
Why no love for Luvs? They're just budget Pampers...and smell just like 'em.

• Love
Reactions: 70sPampers and Lyokodl
To me nappie is the old fashioned terreys toweling and diapers are the modern disposable

Reactions: Lyokodl, BobbiSueEllen and DisneyDaddy99
Me and my wife just call them pads

Pants

Diapers or poofs

Pamps!

I just like using diaper lol

• Love
Reactions: 70sPampers and Lyokodl
BobbiSueEllen said:
I just call 'em "Pampers". I wore Pampers on occasion as a baby (cloth was the norm back then, except for visiting others & travelling), always loved how they looked, felt, smelled out of the box. And always wanted back in them. Well, I got my wish, in slightly-different form...but I'm not complaining! 🥳

I especially remember how the old fanfold Pampers had that diamond-texture plastic and were pin-on until 1971...after that, they were tape-on and God help you if you didn't tape them right the first time because there was no second chance! And the babylike smell...better than burnt jet fuel! 🤪

Never really used any other term but diaper at any point so yeah diaper is my preferred word. Granted I've never had a point where I have to try to disguise the word and I can't really say I've had a conversation about diapers for a long time.

Reactions: 70sPampers and BobbiSueEllen
dito to casualdiaper above me - I just call them "diapers", too. ^^
Then again, I'm not really knowledgable about any of the more fancy words for them out there, so maybe it will change one day. :D

Depending on the conversation at hand, I will refer to them as just "protection" in general circumstances. But for specifics, I prefer the classic terms of diaper or pull-up. Not very creative I guess!

activefit said:
Here in Greece we call them "panes"or "babylino "
Babylino is the first brand name diapers since 78 in Greece.
I prefer the "babylino "word

The brand debuted in 1972 and 3 years later Viopharm launched an advertising campaign for their rectangular boosters.

Mega Disposables acquired the marque in 2007.

Reactions: activefit and BobbiSueEllen
LilxFawn said:
This is a silly little thread but I was curious what your favorite word for diaper is? My favorite definitely has to be nappy! I’m not British but the word nappy is just so stinkin’ cute in my opinion~!
Nap Nap, Nappy, crinkles, crispy, padding, baby pants

• Love
Reactions: PNW509Little and BobbiSueEllen
Diaper

• Love
Reactions: RedPandaDL, Lyokodl and BobbiSueEllen
TD712 said:
Diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper, diaper! 🤭🥰

And I love the sound of the word "Pampers", too. 🥰

• Love
Reactions: 70sPampers, PNW509Little and Lyokodl
When I in a more course mood I generally refer to them as butt wrappers.

• Haha
Reactions: Lyokodl and BobbiSueEllen
Back