Everyone’s favorite word for diaper?

I like hearing British people call them nappies lol but I prefer just calling them diapees

Reactions: dlguy4life, Fireheat, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
PiccinoJJ said:
Diapers, pull-ups. Sometimes "dips" when I'm shortening or don't want to say diaper. And I like the term "slip dips" for pull-ups.
I like slip-dips lol. I might start using that!

Reactions: Fireheat, BobbiSueEllen, PiccinoJJ and 1 other person
Killerpanda3 said:
I like hearing British people call them nappies lol but I prefer just calling them diapees
I’m British, I call them everything, it also depends on the context. If I’m talking about it online I will probably refer to them as diapers, talking to someone else in the uk i’ll probably call them nappies.

• Love
Reactions: DiaperVapor, BobbiSueEllen, ElPulpo and 2 others
nou2019 said:
I’m British, I call them everything

Wow, "my everything" - that must be true diaper love. I'm getting a little jealous. ;)

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and nou2019
nou2019 said:
I’m British, I call them everything, it also depends on the context. If I’m talking about it online I will probably refer to them as diapers, talking to someone else in the uk i’ll probably call them nappies.
idk just the word nappy to me is so cute for some reason lol

Reactions: fetishpro, BobbiSueEllen, nou2019 and 1 other person
I just love the word diaper, just grabs my attention aslo like didi

• Love
Reactions: 70sPampers, Pamperhead, steviet and 5 others
Most of the time I just call them diapers, and occasionally call them padding.

Reactions: PNW509Little, RedPandaDL, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
Tiado said:
Most of the time I just call them diapers, and occasionally call them padding.
Oh! That's another one. I sometimes call them padding, pads, etc. And I tend to say I'm padded or going to get padded when wearing them or putting one on.

Reactions: Tiado, RedPandaDL, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
A rose by any other name......it's still a diaper!

• Love
Reactions: Fireheat, RedPandaDL, LilxFawn and 1 other person
Nappy, it's the only word 😀

• Haha
Reactions: DiaperVapor, Lyokodl, DylanLewis and 2 others
Lykedanappies said:
A rose by any other name......it's still a diaper!
Aaah, but what if you were comparing a rose and a dandelion? A flower is a flower by any other name, unless of course you call it a weed. And IF it's not a plastic disposable, then wouldn't if be a nappy (disposable cloth)?

They truly are two DIFFERENT things. No sense in calling them the same.

• Love
Reactions: Lyokodl and PNW509Little
I just call them what they are since most of my friends and family know that I wear diapers but it doesn't matter what you want to call them whatever you prefer is fine but I just always say diapers

Reactions: Fireheat, BobbiSueEllen and RedPandaDL
diaper!

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21 and BobbiSueEllen
I call them diapers
My wife calls them my protection ( she asks if I brought enough protection)

Reactions: Fireheat and BobbiSueEllen
ho I like rounded bottoms, but padded bottom is nice so I would use padded bottom

Reactions: Fireheat and BobbiSueEllen
Being from Germany I always liked the word "Windel" which ist the translation of diaper. It gave me shivers since ....ever. But having lived in the States for a long time, the word 'diaper' does the same thing for me. Especially the emhpasis with the strong part on the first syllable. ....goose bumps.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 70sPampers, Lyokodl, PlastiBrain and 3 others
No matter what word is used, they are really special, and are so good for all, all, babies cause babies are very special!

Reactions: NooNoo and BobbiSueEllen
whatever I wear its 'me knickers'

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and ARBBB2
Slomo said:
Aaah, but what if you were comparing a rose and a dandelion? A flower is a flower by any other name, unless of course you call it a weed. And IF it's not a plastic disposable, then wouldn't if be a nappy (disposable cloth)?

They truly are two DIFFERENT things. No sense in calling them the same.
No, they are not truly different things. A diaper, or nappy, or whatever other term is used by people, is a reusable or disposable garment worn to absorb urine and contain poo. Diaper is not a term used exclusively for disposable items. It is term used predominantly by English speaking people in north America to refer to that garment and it was used before disposables were invented as demonstrated by this ad from 1925:

canvas.png
Source: https://repository.duke.edu/dc/eaa/L0067

If the disposable (as we know it today) had been invented in Australia, I bet people in the US and Canada would still call them diapers and no one would sit here and argue that can only be called nappies because that is what the inventor called them owing to geographic accident. Do you refer to your car as a Motorwagen?

Reactions: ARBBB2 and CookieMonstah
I wear nappys

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Back