Ever worn cloth diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil' Georgie

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent,
I was just wondering, has anyone here ever worn cloth diapers? I know they aren't used as much anymore, but I wouldn't mind wearing cloth ones. ^^; I've worn them before, but I can't much, they're hard to get. What do you guys think?

catman

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I use snap on cloth diapers you can order cloth diapers on line.

Blake

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Ive worn them before it was kinda cool. Its hard to tell when you are wet because all of the wetness is pulled forward. Also you get to wear plastic pants which kinda get hot but its not too bad.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I haven't and I don't plan on doing so. Now I believe don't knock it til you try it but it just seems that disposable ones are better.

Aidy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Carer
I think cloth would be better for night just for the fact that I sleep on my side but not so good because of the absorbancy.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I haven't tried em because my parents don't know. It would be difficult to wash them. I will stick with disposibles.

B

baby kiffer

My one cloth diaper is all I have.

I think it is quite comfortable, actually, and I can add additional cloth "filler" when I want to...but you cannot wear them anywhere but inside your house. It is extremely obvious if you try to wear them under you regular day clothes...besides that, if you were to use them, you would have to carry your used diapers with you until you came back home and could put them in the washer.

And about the washer...it takes forever to dry those darned things...IN THE DRYER!!! (don't ever let them air-dry, by the way, because bacteria accumulate)

All-in-all, I suppose you could say that cloth diapers are only good for any "special" occasions (should you use them), in which you happen to have a lot of them (they're not cheap) and a good method of washing them...but if you are just wearing them (like me), they are AWSOME!

...but I must admit that I wouldn't mind trying disposables in the future...

Don't plan on using cloth diapers, unless you can handle taking care of the washing...I can only get away with it, because my parents already know about it. (in fact, the cloth diaper was one of our first "negotiations")

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I have cloth diapers, but I rarely wear them because of the cleaning issue. Washing them is not that big of an issue, but cleaning is, as Baby Kiffer pointed out:

And about the washer...it takes forever to dry those darned things...IN THE DRYER!!! (don't ever let them air-dry, by the way, because bacteria accumulate)
Personally, I don't have a dryer, so it takes 2-3 days until they're actually dry. I fail to see why cloth diapers put outside to dry accumulate bacteria. My mom used cloth diapers on me as a baby, and she certainly didn't have a dryer back then, and it didn't hurt me, and neither did I get infections or anything.
Besides, the enormous costs and pollution associated with the use of a dryer makes the whole point of environmentally friendly cloth diapers a moot one. In that case, disposable diapers may even be better for the environment when disposed of properly and burnt rather than "stored" on a landfill!

Peachy

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
my mom used both cloth and disposable diapers on me when i was a baby. i haven't worn cloth diapers though since i was probably about three years old, and i'd really like to try them. from what i understand they can be much more absorbant and leak-proof than disposables. and i've seen pictures that make them look so soft and comfy! ^.^

that's one of several things i'm looking forward to when i get my own apartment, which will hopefully take place next fall.

ScubaSteve

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I have a couple cloth diapers. I just wear them sometimes, not really use them because of the whole washing them issue. I may use them if I got the chance to wash them without worry. I really enjoy the thickness of them and feel of them. They are also very cute looking and have these awesome babyish prints on them.

I got them off this site's ebay http://www.nicediaper.com/

I got them of like 3 bucks each but the shipping brought the price up alot....$30 for 2 >_> . The price isn't that bad cause these diapers would have cost a lot more if made in the US.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I have a few cloth diapers that I wear on occasion... if I want something really thick or if I want a change from disposables. I got 'em off e-bay. Some are pull-ons... some are velcro... they all seem to do the job alright... but they make me sweat a lot... and my gf dosen't really like them b/c they smell when used.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
i did order some from ebay once. i guess they're ok, but disp. is are deff. better. idk, everyone is different i guess

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I personally love cloth diapers. I love the thickness between my legs. Since I only have a few I normally wear a disposable under the cloth. This makes it easier to clean up and don't have to wash them as often. I agree that cloth is for around the house. I have worn them out of the house a few times. The right dress hides the bulk, but I wouldn't do it to often.

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
As an infant I was in cloth diapers but I honestly couldn't see myself going back to them just because I would have issues washing them around my parents or pinning them on or just them feeling itchy or stuff.

Aidy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Carer
I just like disposable because that's all I can remember. Even though I only wore cloth when I was a kid.

D

daria7483

I have a cloth diaper that I wear with some regularity. I would echo the above statements that they're definitely more for special occasions rather than every day. The washing and drying is a pain, especially since I have to do it in the shared laundry facilities in my apartment building. If you were really desperate, you could wash it in the bathtub, but it will get stiff and hard when it dries. Outdoor drying is a good idea, though, if you can. Cloth diapers dried outside don't shrink or stretch as much, and they last longer.

Cloth is great if you're into the naughty feeling that can come with a wet diaper. They do need to be worn with plastic pants if you're going to wet. That's the main reason I don't wear more often. They're really cute, but the elastic really digs into my legs and leaves red welts on my thighs. I seem to be the only person who has this problem, though.

doubledbbw

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I love cloth diapers and plastic pants. That is what I wore as a baby and as a child for wetting my bed. I wet my bed until I was 9 years old and was diapered at night until then. I have always had a interest in diapers especially cloth ones. So when I started wetting at night again a few years ago deciding to wear diapers again was no problem. I chose cloth ones too. I do wear disposables sometimes also mostly Attends Classic 10. If any one thought that disposable diaper had replaced the cloth one I don't think so. Cloth diapers are a lot friendlier to the environment too by not filling up our landfills like disposables do.

Status
Not open for further replies.