Ever weigh your diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Layne0033

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
So, I had to change out of my diaper and footie PJ's cause we were expecting company - and, I saw the scale. I was curious. My wet diaper weighed just over 2 pounds. I'm pretty sure it would have held a lot more though.

gigglemuffinz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
So, I had to change out of my diaper and footie PJ's cause we were expecting company - and, I saw the scale. I was curious. My wet diaper weighed just over 2 pounds. I'm pretty sure it would have held a lot more though.

No, although it sounds fun. As long as you clean the scale up afterwards.. you know. Yeah. I would say put a plastic on or it or something, but we don't want to interfere with the results! :O

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
Only that one time when I wanted to see how well SAP absorbed quicksilver. (That's a lie.)

I do have a nice digital scale, though.

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
That might sound fun actually haha. Might try that for a heavy Diaper one day :3

Aidy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Hehe. I've done that but not so directly. I was wearing three cloth nappies once for the entire day while having a huge gaming session. I weighed myself at the end of the day and I had four kilos of pee! (I had been partaking in certain alcoholic beverages)

Waddles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Never weighed any of them, but my garbage can at week's end is too heavy to lift (glad it has wheels!), kinda feel sorry for the garbage man, but I am sure he knows to be careful with "that guys can" by now!

Monkeypuzzler

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I often weigh used nappies when trying out new brands.

Recently had a weight of nearly four pounds from my overnight Comficare L10, which was not quite to the point of leaking.

irnub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Always when trying out new brands. Weigh the clean diaper + a plastic bag first, then again after it's been used and bagged. Subtract weights to get how much was absorbed. That gives a very objective measurement for how much is being absorbed. I'd also keep an excel sheet with average capacity and notes about each brand I've tried, but that'd get awkward if it was ever found somehow, and I'm careless enough with my computer I know I'd leave the sheet open (or someone would click it in the recently worked on documents listing)

Scaramouche

Lover of Life, Singer of Songs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
lol I did that once. Weighed myself before and after wetting. I was heavier but I don't remember by how much.

Abenalover

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I weighed my Abena Abriflex Premium 3 after wearing and wetting for about two hours. It was one pound, 11 ounces. I will try to check again tomorrow morning after I wet into another one. Now that I am retired I get to diaper up just about every morning. It is so nice!

BouncyBoy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I weigh almost every diaper I take off. I try to get an idea of what I drink vs. what I output, morning and night. That way I can optimize how much extra padding is needed.

At any rate, I think the heaviest I ever had was 2.6 liters.

johndoeasdf50

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I tried this once with a good wetting and it came out to .5 liters or about a pound.

I think I read the max capacity for most bladders is about 1 liter (2 pounds) so if you're curious, most heavy wettings come in at .5 to 1 liter.

Vinylfeet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I've been doing this a lot lately as I have a very accurate scale. I had one northshorecare with 1 2xl booster and 1 large boosters (for the wings) break 8 pounds. The diaper and boosters is 15 or 16 oz. I had a Dry 24/7 with 2 of the 2xl boosters reach 7 pounds 4 oz gross weight. I weigh them because I'm trying to figure out what will hold up to my heavy wetting at night without leaking most of the time.

Wetshisbed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
My continence nurse told me that sometimes the NHS supply chain check your need for nappies or pads by checking the weight of used ones.

NotTheAverageMan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Sometimes I weight my diaper after use, but only when I need to see whether it can be used for extended wear, like work days etc. or when going to places where changes are harder.

jeremyi

Rep for DC
Company Rep
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Lol, lots of times. It's a good way to compare the relative capacity of each diaper to know how well each one fares...

M

Maxx

My continence nurse told me that sometimes the NHS supply chain check your need for nappies or pads by checking the weight of used ones.

One hopes that's an inpatient sort of thing. At first reading I imagined diaper ninjas breaking down doors in the middle of the night....

M

Maxx

I should note that weighing diapers is a totally legitimate medical procedure. No different than before and after workout weights (plus fluid intake weight, minus pee-in-a-cup weight) to determine sweat rates for those of us who are endurance athletes.

Status
Not open for further replies.