Ever met someone from online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'd like to someday meet Avery and Trevor from this site, they make me so jealous when they talk about meeting and doing anything - even, you know, eating food! :D
if it makes you feel better, we almost always reflect with satisfaction on the fact that someday point will be old enough to come to seattle and eat food with us! ^.^

aside from trevor i've met peachy, hardcoremickal, charlie, monkey, and aidy. in each case i knew the person very well before i met them, and was quite sure that i'd simply love them to pieces. and i did!

i've never met anyone from any other site besides this one. i get a lot of messages from people in my area on aby.com, and several people have offered to meet up with me. i've never taken anyone up on that offer. it just seems weird to meet up with someone i haven't gotten to know first, even if i AM an adult. i don't feel like i have to worry too much about being taken advantage of, but what would i talk about with some random person? i wouldn't even know if i have anything in common with them.

the thing about aby.com, though, is that there's really no opportunity to get to know anyone there, or anywhere else besides here, for that matter. one more reason why adisc is a zillion times better than any of the other AB/DL sites out there.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I'd like to someday meet Avery and Trevor from this site, they make me so jealous when they talk about meeting and doing anything - even, you know, eating food! :D
So - food still hasn't been invented yet in Arizona? :tongueout:

Just make sure you don't get dragged into a discussion about cars when first meeting someone. Happened to me once, and my knowledge of cars extends only to the point where I know how to open the hood.

Peachy

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Well, I've met Spirit after talking for a while. That was good ^_^
Yes, it was. ^^

We met through TBDL by the way, I remember looking through inactive profiles and noticing that you'd been away for a long time, I had thought about sending you a message but didn't think you'd ever respond!

I've met many others online through site meets, one well, he's a furry, has a semi-interest in diapers (but not an AB/DL or a babyfur) and I met his boyfriend before they broke up.

Role
Private
Yes, it was. ^^

We met through TBDL by the way, I remember looking through inactive profiles and noticing that you'd been away for a long time, I had thought about sending you a message but didn't think you'd ever respond!
You should have! When I came back I saw your profile and, I must admit, was a little reserved about getting in contact with you. But I'm glad I did. :eek:

*proclaims proudly he got to meet the forum husky* :D

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
So - food still hasn't been invented yet in Arizona? :tongueout:

Just make sure you don't get dragged into a discussion about cars when first meeting someone. Happened to me once, and my knowledge of cars extends only to the point where I know how to open the hood.

Peachy
What, are *b/dls a bunch of little Jay Lenos? Expected to know about cars?

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
No but it looks like I will be meeting up with a member of an unrelated forum. He is doing a documentary video and I’ll be interviewed on film with my face blurred out. It’s NOT a hook-up. I’m still nervous but willing to promote the things I love.
Any DL documentary makers out there?

Nam

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
As for meeting...

Although I've never met anybody associated with ADISC.org, I've met a massive share of people from online. Writing forums, roleplaying forums (not sexual roleplay, you goofballs), and music forums. I've spent weekends in other cities, weekends with guys and gals, weeks elsewhere, etcetera etcetera. There is some advice that I think is universal that any person who plans on meeting anybody else from the internet, whether of the opposite or the same sex, that should always be heeded.

Guys: Alright guys, let's face it -- there are some nice ones of us out there, but there are also some really awful ones out there. So how about we stay safe ... and act like we're all a bunch of molesters. I can hear the protest now: "Rance! What do you mean? I would never do anything to harm someone I meet online!" Regardless of that, in most cases, people are going to be wary of you unless they do truly believe they have been able to discern your personality from your online communication. Men should always insist that, especially if they are meeting up with a female friend, it is done in a public place with people around. Never jump in with, "LOL Can I come to your hous??? or You can come to mine!!!!!!!", because that's just not cool. Respect the safety of the friends you are going to meet. I have an idiom that I keep set in my mind which is, if I'm going to meet somebody from online ... their parents, their friends, their family are going to be able to trust me and understand how trustworthy I am before I am ever really given a chance to hang out with that person in a private atmosphere. It's just polite. It takes a lot of work, a lot of going-to-dinner, a lot of making yourself visible to parents and friends. You should want to do that. The world is full of creeps -- step out of your way not to be one.

Girls: Alright, ladies, be sensible -- don't go meeting guys until you know exactly who they are. Here's a hint that actually helped me out once: Get their full name if you can (and you shouldn't honestly meet someone until you've discerned this, because I don't think that meeting "Jane" or "Bob" or "Sue" is really smart, anyway). Search your local criminal database to see if they have any crimes on their record! This information is public domain. If you reside in the United States, searching for "XXXXX Judiciary Case Search", with XXXX being the name of your state, might turn up something in Google where you can search for free. Check the background of your online friend. Suggest that you meet somewhere public. Ladies, if you're planning to go meet Mr. Dude for the first time at his house, you are a certifiable dumbshit. Be safe. Don't become another internet crime. It could be your corpse someone finds floating in your local river and your blood and hair that some fat creepy dude gets arrested with smeared on his back seat.

Be sensible and be safe about your meetups. Any person who is worth meeting will never pressure you to meet before you are prepared. If they're trying to rush you into it, there's a good chance you're making a mistake.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I have never met anyone over the internet. The only time that I came close to knowing a stranger off the internet was when one of my friends set up a forum when he was little. 13-14 years old maybe. In its short lived life, He managed to attract a few interesting people. One of them he said he found out lived on the same street as his Grandma's. When we walked past it he pointed out his house. I wonder if he still lives there today?

cpndl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I am still friends with a girl I met "online" 28 and a half years ago. (Dec 79). It was on a statewide system that had a "chat" program. It's amazing how naive we were in those days. No one even thought twice about meeting in real life.

cpndl

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Okay I have met two people online before, once was planned and once was not.

Planned- I met this girl in a teen chat room when I was 14 and we talked for a couple months and got along pretty well. We decided on meeting because we lived in the same state and when we met, we met in a mall so it was safe, and she had a friend with her, and my dad did not leave until he saw me with the two girls. Anyways I learned my lesson to never meet a girl until (or anyone for that matter) I see their picture. When I got there she was very fat like close to 200 and only 14. So me being the nice guy I still hung out with her and acted as if I was attracted to her for a couple of months and we met a few more times after that cause I did not want to be a cold Ahole and just leave immediatly. I wanted to make at least a positive expeirance out of it for her, and it was one for me because I learned a lesson. I am a skinny guy, real big girls just arnt for me, period.
Unplanned- This was a pretty bad expeirance. I posted my screen name somewhere, I think on dpf (big mistake) and this guy IMed me one day and we started talking. He seemed very pushy with trying to get to know me really quick. Anyways I left a message up that I was at work, stating where I work, and he showed up!!! He sat there looking at me for almost 2 hours before he called me over and told me who he was. I about shat my pants when he told me, cause not only did he catch me by surprise but I never met a AB ever before. I was only 15 at this time and this guy was about 22-24 I can not remember exactly. He kept giving me faces and asking me if I was wearing, I am pretty sure he was bi or gay and planning on raping me. I was still polite and told him I would talk to him online later tonight after he left he was online by time I got home. He then started to ask for my phone number to talk, I did not give it to him and ignored him as soon as he asked that. Thank god he ever showed up at my work again, probably because if he knew I did I would be calling the cops. So this is a pure example of to be very careful everyone. As you can see I was not even trying meet anyone and just as simple as giving out my screen name led to me closely being raped. I greatly believe that was his purpose or at least pursaude me to get in my pants. So PLEASE be careful everyone.

Role
Private
Unplanned- This was a pretty bad expeirance. I posted my screen name somewhere, I think on dpf (big mistake) and this guy IMed me one day and we started talking. He seemed very pushy with trying to get to know me really quick. Anyways I left a message up that I was at work, stating where I work, and he showed up!!! He sat there looking at me for almost 2 hours before he called me over and told me who he was. I about shat my pants when he told me, cause not only did he catch me by surprise but I never met a AB ever before. I was only 15 at this time and this guy was about 22-24 I can not remember exactly. He kept giving me faces and asking me if I was wearing, I am pretty sure he was bi or gay and planning on raping me. I was still polite and told him I would talk to him online later tonight after he left he was online by time I got home. He then started to ask for my phone number to talk, I did not give it to him and ignored him as soon as he asked that. Thank god he ever showed up at my work again, probably because if he knew I did I would be calling the cops. So this is a pure example of to be very careful everyone. As you can see I was not even trying meet anyone and just as simple as giving out my screen name led to me closely being raped. I greatly believe that was his purpose or at least pursaude me to get in my pants. So PLEASE be careful everyone.
And on that note, don't ever post personal information about yourself on the internet.

Ryan_d

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Okay I have met two people online before, once was planned and once was not.

Planned- I met this girl in a teen chat room when I was 14 and we talked for a couple months and got along pretty well. We decided on meeting because we lived in the same state and when we met, we met in a mall so it was safe, and she had a friend with her, and my dad did not leave until he saw me with the two girls. Anyways I learned my lesson to never meet a girl until (or anyone for that matter) I see their picture. When I got there she was very fat like close to 200 and only 14. So me being the nice guy I still hung out with her and acted as if I was attracted to her for a couple of months and we met a few more times after that cause I did not want to be a cold Ahole and just leave immediatly. I wanted to make at least a positive expeirance out of it for her, and it was one for me because I learned a lesson. I am a skinny guy, real big girls just arnt for me, period.
Now you have made me more nervous about meeting more TB's. And sorry to hear that didnt turn out so well.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Don't worry Ryan, be prepared and all will probably go well. Know the person you're going to meet up with. Like for me for example: I knew them online for ages, talked to them (skype or phone) and had pictures. Those are the three things I'd want to have before I'd meet up.

Lordluke

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Be Careful when meeting people who u meet online

Hi happy nappy lovers

I would love to meet someone who likes nappys, it would be nice to do the movies, lunch, shopping etc with someone wearing a nappy hehehehe, but I can only dream. Anyway though be careful meet in a public place etc I think its all been said above, but one can make some good friends.

Anyway cheers

Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.