Ever met someone from online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hey all, just thought I'd ask out of curiosity. I know a lot of you are on the young side to be doing this, and I definitely don't recommend doing it in general. Nevertheless, I have no doubt that a number of you have in fact done it :p.

Anyway, I have to say that yeah I have. I met a guy who I met on IRC in a programming channel. I knew him for a few years before I met him in real life. It turned out he had family in my home town so when he came to visit them, we went out and shot some pool. Dunno, not too exciting, but that about sums up the extent of my meeting people so far.

How about you guys?

Ryan_d

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well I met Hyro. But we still have to go meet in Real life. But one of my Tb friends I met offline went and met him (They were already friends in RL lol)

I'm hoping to do it. I love meeting new people, and sure its a little intimidating. But thats why you do it with alot of friends, and you have the other person bring lotsa friends too.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I met Kevintje and HardcoreMickal once. It was great.

*throws plushy at Kevintje and HardcoreMickal*

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
Not once. Maybe someday though.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I chatted to a guy I met on gaydar once a few times, then we met up for sex. Was a pretty stupid thing to do, I can't believe I did it.

Verscha

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Nope, never. Wouldn't mind doing so, though, especially after I move out hopefully in a few months.

crinklyjas

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
hiya,

I met my best freind online, we meet up monthly, and i have met some ofhter people off the web. On the first few times of each i went with a third party and met in a public place. I had known them online for at least 2 years.

Jammie

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Incontinent, Carer
The only person I've ever met online first before meeting in person was a furry, several years ago. I found him on LiveJournal when I was like... 14? He was maybe 15 or 16, and he lived pretty close to me so we decided to meet up somewhere.

I had my friends with me when I decided to meet him, but I didn't tell them anything about him being a furry (since they probably didn't know what that would mean).

We were pretty good friends for a while after that actually... until he lost his mind by doing too many drugs, so much so that he would later claim I was performing black magic rituals to torture him. But thats okay... I stole his guitar :)

So many fond memories with that person... it's a damn shame.

Definitely would not advise anyone as young as I was to meet with strangers online, though. And if you are going to... absolutely meet in a public place (not at their house and not at your house) with friends present.

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I have met one girl online in person. She lives in my same state, and I met her when I saw her alt-modeling site. I commisioned something, and we developed a friendship online, and I went to a fundraiser she had for a lung transplant that she ended up having due to cystic fibrosis. We ended up meeting in real life three times, but then had a falling out. Two very decent people that just disagree. Still sad about it, but so it goes, and I do wish her well.

http://spirit-of-kina.deviantart.com (please delete with my apologies, mods, if this is unacceptable)

Monkey

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
I've met countless (using the term loosely) members from the now ADISC.org forums, mostly in groups. Some of which have since moved on from the website post the site domain change. I wouldn't say I meet-up with members frequently but I've definitely grown accustom to meeting members face to face. I haven't had any bad experiences since I build a fairly trusting relationship with members beforehand so no nasty surprises!

Outside of ADISC I haven't met with anyone. I'm not part of any other online community.

Generally, I disagree that meeting people you've made friends with online is such a terrible, dangerous thing to do. The stereotype that absolutely everyone online is a child predator and should not be trusted is nothing short of pathetic, it's nothing more than a media fear mongering technique. So long as you're a mature individual, know enough information about the person or people you're meeting with and use common sense I don't have any quandaries with meeting people.

Last edited:

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Yeah, I've met a few ADISCers.

Good times! Meeting up with someone from the net is pretty exciting, and it's nice to actually see the real person behind the avatar.

Meeting up with people is pretty safe if you know them well, it's hard to fake being genuine for a long period of time. But always get to know people well before meeting with them, you don't want to get creeped out by someone!

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Let me count...

I hope I didn't leave anyone out, but I can remember meeting 14 people who are / were a member of either ADISC or its previous version in real life.
Add maybe a 100 AB/DLs from other AB/DL websites, and yet more people who share other interests of mine.

However, I've talked to all of them for months online before I went to meet them. It's certainly possible to get a general idea of people's character, interests and intentions over the internet, and meeting people you've been talking to for a while sounds a lot safer then meeting random strangers on a bus.
Of yourse you have to be careful and meet in a public place. IF you feel comfortable enough, you can still go private.

Peachy

Blake

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I have met ppl from other sites but i always talk to them for quite some time almost months before i actually meet them in person. I am very cautious about meeting ppl and revealing information about myself. Once you get to know someone and you meet them in real life you will realize that you are glad you met them. Its a 50/50 chance just be sure u know the person really well so you don't end up meeting someone weird. I always use like picture/webcam verification.. I hope this helps
Blake

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
No, and I don't want to. Not because I'm scared that X is a pedophile or whatever (I could just kick his balls or put my fingers in his eyes if he was one =D), but because I'm boring and reserved.

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm reserved, too, and probably boring to many. However, I won't label myself boring because that would effect how I come across to others. If I see myself as universally boring, then others will agree, even if they might have thought otherwise at some point.

D

daria7483

I've met...hmm...maybe 4-5 AB/DLs over the past six years? Some of them were kind of annoying...pressuring me to wear a diaper when I had clearly stated I didn't feel comfortable doing that right after meeting, bugging me to sleep in the same bed with them. But for the most part I was always glad I did it, and I think it helps cement friendships. I probably should've taken some extra steps to be safer though.

Role
Private
Well, I've met Spirit after talking for a while. That was good ^_^ ...And I've met up with another 2 DLs before, not from this site.

I agree that you should be very careful with who you meet up with. Although, I feel that how they present themselves online can be a big factor in determining how trustworthy they are. I've come to find that those who present themselves properly and can talk about things other than this whole fetish are usually the one's who would be safe to meet up with. Emphasis on usually, as I don't believe it's true for all cases.

I don't know about other people, but I just get this feeling when I know someone is going to be either dodgy, or a really great person. To me, the subtleties in their speech seem to be really emphasised and that helps in factoring whether or not that person would be safe.

care_a_lot

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Ok. Well lets start off by saying I've only just realised how much of an AB I truelly am and started researching sites that have other people I can talk to online about it so I haven't met any other AB or furries yet.

However...

I'm a lesbian and have met most of my girlfriends online including my wife and my wife is the most fascinating of all of them.

First I met a girl who was 17 years old, I was 19. I had been chatting with her online for a while and just thought that I would meet her and see how things went. We met at a shopping centre and dated briefly (two weeks) before breaking up cos I couldn't handle the fact that she wanted to be closeted and I wanted to be completely open.

Then I met a girl who was 7 years older than me when I was 21. I'd only been talking to her for a few weeks before I gave her my mobile number, we talked a few times and then she invited me out to meet up at a park which always had a lot of people in it. This relationship lasted for three months and was actually a woman who worked at the social welfare office for welfare payments (known as Centrelink for you aussies out there) at the time I was on welfare payments myself (Newstart) and found it rather funny to be "dating my boss".

Then I met a woman who was 35 years older than me. She lived in a different country! She and I had been talking for a little over a year online before I told my mother I was going to America to meet her. Of course she flipped! But I went anyway. Turned out to be the best thing that I've ever done. From the point that I kissed her at the airport after I got off the plane to us sharing our first meal together, crashing in the same bed (having sexual relations) and the first time I called her Mommy. I guess I'm lucky in a lot of ways to have it turn out this way.

Each time I met someone from online it was after knowing them for a while, I always talk openly and honestly about every topic testing the waters so to speak before I go out and actually meet them. I always met them at a public place that I could have gotten away from again if need be. I had a friend who was willing to take me in if things didn't go well with my now wife. By taking the chance getting to know people and getting out there and meeting them my wife turned out just the way I wanted it to. So what do I think of internet dating and meeting those you are interested in? I think its good so long as you are careful and are absolutely positive that these people are safe before you go meet them. Even if you feel just slightly scared of going you shouldn't be. Nervous yes. Scared, no. Difference between nervous and scared? Scared is when you can't think straight and are completely baffled by doing this thing and really don't want to. Nervous is when your kinda excited and kinda scared but only just kinda. Good luck everyone and whatever you choose to do...be careful out there.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Well, actually, kind of. A girl who goes to my school IMed me and we talked for a bit. She was kind of crazy though, and she said, "Meet me by the flagpole!" So I waited there for around fifteen minutes, and a girl runs up to me, says, "You're Point, right?" "Yeah...?" "Okay. Thanks." And she runs off.

I'd like to someday meet Avery and Trevor from this site, they make me so jealous when they talk about meeting and doing anything - even, you know, eating food! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.