Ever find the urge fading? I have...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
As I get older, I'm starting to see my AB persona fade, and a more daddy-like persona take over.o

I've not worn a diaper in some time. I've not played baby in two years, as I find beer, football and my life overall to be more enjoyable than just being a baby. I find that as I get older, the baby side of me dies, and that a new role emerges.

I find myself wanting more to be a daddy more than a baby, I dunnknow. I guess it does happen, but well, I guess I've outgrown the baby role.

I was wondering if others ever felt that way? As I get older, I find myself thinking more about settling down than diapers, and being a baby.

WildThing121675

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Interesting topic wildthing, kind of surprised no one has posted in it yet.

Although I am only 21 and considereda young adult, I have seen my 'persona for abdl' change some as well. Except not exactly in the way you are talking about. When I first discovered I was an abdl at 12 I thought I was just a dl for a year, then I realized there was also a baby side to me. By time I was 14 I then discovered the third side of enjoying roleplay as a daddy for baby girls. As I went through my adolescence, my daddy side was very strong and still is, to be honest I enjoy being a daddy more than being a baby. But that has always been like that. The difference is, the grap between how much I like being the baby and how much I like being the daddy has come closer. I love being a daddy more than I ever have, but I am also expeirmenting with my baby side with in the past year more than I ever have.

Overall I have seen my love for being a daddy grow stronger too, but also have seen my side for being a baby grow too. Except at this point I would still choose being a daddy for a baby girl than to be a baby for a mommy, it is a no brainer. Although I would enjoy both. It will be interesting to see as I get older if and how that will change.

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover,
a couple ab friends of mine expressed the exact same idea as you wild thing, they were also unable to explain it.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Never really faded for me.

My interest level changes with experience, participation level, and the seasons.

My interests have changed since I first started buying diapers. At first, the novelty of having diapers that fit was good enough. As that wore off, I started wearing more often. Eventually, wearing diapers during normal activities became boring. After wearing a diaper to bed every night for many years, I started to no longer want to do that as often.

The level of participation also changes my interest level. After a period of higher participation, my desire drops off for a while. Right after wearing diapers for almost a month straight, a diaper was the last thing that I wanted to wear. The urge returned again. This is sometimes called the "Binge/Purge Cycle". For me, the purge portion is usually not applicable, but the binges do occur. This usually closely matches my diaper supply. When I restock, the binge occurs. After the initial shock wears off, there is a temporary lower level followed by a return to normal. This continues until my supply starts running low. At this point, the "Binge" starts building again. The size is directly proportional to the quantity purchased for some strange reason.

The seasonal affect is due to seasonal activities and the weather. During the hottest portion of the summer, wearing a diaper away from air conditioning is not comfortable. During the coldest portion of the year, the extra warmth is a welcome bonus. Laying in bed snuggling when it is cold outside is an excellent winter pastime. During the moderate portions of the year, I am more level planed with my interests. During the times of the year when I am more active outside, I am less likely to wear diapers. For the more social times, I am also less active in this. During my vacations, I am most active.

Beyond these factors, I cannot really say that my interests have waned. While other things sometimes take precedence, this always remains.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
My interest in diapers has never waned. A couple of times I wished it would, I threw away all my supplies a few times when I was younger, but eventually I realized that I was not alone and became more accepting of who I was. I am sure now that diaper interest is with me for life.

D

daria7483

Yep. I posted a thread about my personal experience with this a few months ago. Basically, I gathered all my stuff up, gave it to a friend who's a very active AB, and told him I had six months to request the non-disposable stuff back, and he was free to use it in the meantime.

That was in August and so far I've only been tempted once and that only lasted a few minutes.

I don't know. Our interests can change as we get older. That's true of hobbies and sports, and I guess it can be true of fetishes or infantilism as well. The needs that were being met by it are no longer there, and perhaps we enter relationships that are enjoyable without introducing diapers. Our thoughts turn more to the day-to-day realities and needs of our lives and less to fantasies.

Most of my friends who ID themselves as ABs or DLs say that their interests have changed. Even if they still want to wear, the way they think about diapers is not the same as it was when they were 5 or 10 or 15 or whenever and first began realizing they liked them.

LostPup

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
i'm kinda the same way but the thing is that i havent wore adiaper in 4 months cause my mom found out and i havent really had any chance to wear any.

but in my case when i do get the chance and i do put one on its like putting it on for the first time like i just and all that stuff.

but the funny thing is i really like that leap frog guy on tv idk why lol, but i always tense up with alittle bit of excitment.

the thing is ill always have the baby side to me and it burns with a passion,its jsut hte diaper thing makes me feel liek a braking a thresh hold to the tb/ab side of me all over.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
Well, for me I think a lot of my adult life has taken over. Plus, my hobbies, and other interests have taken over. I have also had more fun with more adult things too myself. I guess the desires to wear diapers have faded, especially since I think the AB thing was a way I would deal with my incontinence. However; that has faded.

However, as I got older, I found I felt I was more a daddy than baby. I think more of finding a baby girl than sitting around in a diaper pretending to be a baby. If I were to find someone to baby me, then I would consider it but I feel the odds of that are like the odds of a Cleveland sports championship in my lifetime. SKY HIGH.

I prefer more adult entertainment than kiddie shows as I find them BOOOORING. I'd never watch Hannah Montana, or anything like that geared towards kids. I'd rather watch Hill Street Blues, Dallas, CHiPs, and other shows. I have also not worn a diaper in two years. I have not done anything babyish in two years. With the exception of sleeping with my blankie and my whale... I've done that FOREVER, and do not consider that AB.

This has never for me been the binge/purge cycle. Never did do that. I still have my baby things, but their locked up. I don't need them at this time in my life. I'm not sure what to say. Only that maybe cause my life is on track for the first time, and I finally am happy. Maybe that has something to do with it.

WildThing121675

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Yep. I posted a thread about my personal experience with this a few months ago. Basically, I gathered all my stuff up, gave it to a friend who's a very active AB, and told him I had six months to request the non-disposable stuff back, and he was free to use it in the meantime.
I read that thread, and to be honest it seems like girls have a binge and purge cycle more than guys. They try to give it up either more freqeuntly, or for longer periods of times. It pretty much always had to do with their current partner too, or has to do with dating relationships in some shape or form. Girls are judged by what they wear and the fashion they use, and how they take care of themselfs. Alot of 'normal' guys would look down at wearing diapers as something very out of style cause only old people wear them (so they think) and that it is very unhygenic (when really it is not). So girls seem to get self concious about wanting guys to accept them, so they force themselfs to surpress their diaper and/or baby urges. To me it makes me sad when I see this, cause ab/dl girls are already so few and now their pretty much going extinct!

Overall after being in the community for about a decade, I have noticed girls do this all out because of self esteem and social acceptance issues, cause they generally care about social status more. Well I guess I will drop it there, cause it is kind of a touchy subject for me, I hate seeing people do this, specially girls.

I do have one qeustion for you....if you have given up everything since auguest, then why the heck have you felt the urge to stick around here? I mean no offense but if I was not into that stuff anymore (which would never happen, and I still have yet to see urges dissapear in anyone, I think its litterally impossible), then I would be gone here pretty quick.

D

daria7483

I haven't observed the binge/purge cycle more in women than guys, but I don't pay much attention to who's binging and purging anyway so maybe that is the case. My personal belief is that we girls generally have it easier as AB/DLs, at least when it comes to acceptance from a boyfriend. I think a lot of guys tend to think of their girlfriends/wives as someone who they have to take care of, at least a little bit, so they get into the babying somewhat or are at least OK with the idea of it. Whereas women, when introduced to the idea of a guy wearing diapers, are more likely to just see it as being ridiculous. They tend to not think of the guy as someone who they want to take care of as much. At least that's my theory.

Honestly, I think my own boyfriend would be just fine with me wearing. But I haven't bothered to tell him because I'm not interested in it anyway, and I don't see any point in introducing it when I'm not going to wear.

Why do I stick around here? I dunno. The socializing? I still enjoy being a part of the community. And the discussion here goes much deeper than "which diaper is the best?" Besides, I'm still very interested in the AB/DL community, just don't much feel like participating.

Rosy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
My interest definitely waxes and wanes, although the urge to be looked after never really goes away. Sometimes I'm much more attracted by the idea of diapers and sometimes much less; I'm sometimes feel much more like playing with toys and so on. Some thing like thumb-sucking or blankets have not lost their draw for me ever so far.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I haven't observed the binge/purge cycle more in women than guys, but I don't pay much attention to who's binging and purging anyway so maybe that is the case. My personal belief is that we girls generally have it easier as AB/DLs, at least when it comes to acceptance from a boyfriend. I think a lot of guys tend to think of their girlfriends/wives as someone who they have to take care of, at least a little bit, so they get into the babying somewhat or are at least OK with the idea of it. Whereas women, when introduced to the idea of a guy wearing diapers, are more likely to just see it as being ridiculous. They tend to not think of the guy as someone who they want to take care of as much. At least that's my theory.

Honestly, I think my own boyfriend would be just fine with me wearing. But I haven't bothered to tell him because I'm not interested in it anyway, and I don't see any point in introducing it when I'm not going to wear.

Why do I stick around here? I dunno. The socializing? I still enjoy being a part of the community. And the discussion here goes much deeper than "which diaper is the best?" Besides, I'm still very interested in the AB/DL community, just don't much feel like participating.
Thanks for responding back daria! I do agree with your theory too! But I still agree with mine as well, because they are both true technically. Your theory is true, but girls seem to binge and purge more like I said because they demand more social acceptance and they are more self concious. Although it is true a guy is more likely to accept a girl in diapers (notice more likely but is still a rare thing for a non abdl guy to accept), than a girl to accept a guy in diapers. Seems to me most girls do not realize this, so they end up pushing their feelings away, specially the newbies to the community, and even more so, specially the ones who still think their the only ones that like diapers. I heard of girls surpressing feelings for diapers and being a baby for several years, in fear of rejection from everyone. Which is just horrible to hear that!!! For many reasons, shows girls care too much about social acceptance, also shows that most people, specially in the US are too close minded, and also prevents more girls from being in the community! So all that hurts me inside when I see a girl repress her feelings. So yeah both ou theories are right I think.

No offense but I find it very very odd, that you have no urge to tell you bf about any of this (although since you stopped I guess there is no reason to tell him now). Even more so I find it very odd that you stuck around here. Personally if I stopped everything cold turkey I would leave here for a couple of reasons, 1.) because I do not have any close friendships or relationships here, like i have friendships but nothing close enough to keep contact withnd 2.) coming here would defiantly make me start diapers and baby stuff again. Although I would litterally go insane if I stopped everything cold turkey. I would go into a deep depression and not be able to do shit.

I do have one more question for you, if you would be so kind to answer it. Why did you stop? You never really gave a solid reason for that. Also since you stopped do you ever still get like urges or day or night dream fantasies where you dream of wearing or being a babyish? (be honest if you do decide to answer please)

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
Reason I stick around some AB forums is because I may be disillusioned, but part of me does hope for the best. Plus, I find it still to be a part of me, it's there, but not as major to me as it once was a few years ago.

WildThing121675

D

daria7483

I do have one more question for you, if you would be so kind to answer it. Why did you stop? You never really gave a solid reason for that. Also since you stopped do you ever still get like urges or day or night dream fantasies where you dream of wearing or being a babyish? (be honest if you do decide to answer please)
Maybe I never gave a solid reason because I myself am not sure of the reason. I just wasn't getting much out of it. Yeah, I still had the urges, though not as much as I had as a teen. Maybe once a week or so. But when I'd put on diapers and try to have a good time, I'd just find myself being bored with them five minutes after I put them on. And I wouldn't want to wet because it didn't seem worth dealing with. I think ultimately, my fantasies were so much better than the reality.

I also had a real-life "daddy" several years ago. I may have talked about this before. Long story short, I fell in love with him in a romantic way as well as in a daddy way, but these feelings were not reciprocated and eventually he told me he couldn't be my daddy anymore. I was heartbroken. After that, it was never the same. I met another guy who was a DL and lived in my area (the same guy who has my stuff now) and we certainly did diaper activity, but I didn't really get into it. It didn't interest me, and we eventually broke up because really the only reason why we ever dated in the first place is because we were both DLs.

Anyway, I guess your response might be that I should tell my current boyfriend and try to get him to baby me, and I might get back into it and enjoy it. And you might be right. I guess it goes back to your point about girls wanting social acceptance more. And I'm happy with the status quo and don't feel like shaking things up.

See, coming here doesn't really make me want to wear or be babied again. It just doesn't. And when you say "giving it up cold turkey," you have to remember that because of my declining interest I was only wearing maybe once every couple of weeks anyway and wasn't getting a whole lot out of it. I don't think I was ever as into diapers as some of you guys. Maybe a lot of it was that as a teen I found a lot more social fulfillment on sites like this than I ever did in my real life.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Maybe I never gave a solid reason because I myself am not sure of the reason. I just wasn't getting much out of it. Yeah, I still had the urges, though not as much as I had as a teen. Maybe once a week or so. But when I'd put on diapers and try to have a good time, I'd just find myself being bored with them five minutes after I put them on. And I wouldn't want to wet because it didn't seem worth dealing with. I think ultimately, my fantasies were so much better than the reality.

I also had a real-life "daddy" several years ago. I may have talked about this before. Long story short, I fell in love with him in a romantic way as well as in a daddy way, but these feelings were not reciprocated and eventually he told me he couldn't be my daddy anymore. I was heartbroken. After that, it was never the same. I met another guy who was a DL and lived in my area (the same guy who has my stuff now) and we certainly did diaper activity, but I didn't really get into it. It didn't interest me, and we eventually broke up because really the only reason why we ever dated in the first place is because we were both DLs.

Anyway, I guess your response might be that I should tell my current boyfriend and try to get him to baby me, and I might get back into it and enjoy it. And you might be right. I guess it goes back to your point about girls wanting social acceptance more. And I'm happy with the status quo and don't feel like shaking things up.

See, coming here doesn't really make me want to wear or be babied again. It just doesn't. And when you say "giving it up cold turkey," you have to remember that because of my declining interest I was only wearing maybe once every couple of weeks anyway and wasn't getting a whole lot out of it. I don't think I was ever as into diapers as some of you guys. Maybe a lot of it was that as a teen I found a lot more social fulfillment on sites like this than I ever did in my real life.
Fantasic response! Good job at explaining yourself and even knowing what my response would have been if you did not predict what I was going to say cause your were right haha! Also you should be proud of yourself for being so aware of the way you personality and psychology works. It is the first step towards being able to make the adjustments to better yourself.

I must say I enjoyed reading it, it was very very interesting to me. I am the kind of person when reading that looks really deep into things emotionally and psychologically to understand how the person is feeling so i can sympathize and also connect everything together. The fact that you just supported my theory about abdl girls and how it relates to their socialization makes me happy that all my deep observations are actually coming up with real life evidence of it. I have always helped people in the past with personal issues, like depression, self image, socializing and pretty much every other personal issues. Mainly I did that to all my past gf's and close friends that were girls, cause most straight guys do not like opening up that much to another male. Anyways all the time when I talked to them they would always say I was a sweetest guy because I was such a great listener and I just had really good advice with it ending up helping them a lot of the time.

Anyways I am getting off point, it seems to me after reading all of your post that you obviously are a true abdl, except maybe your not a traumatized caused abdl. Now I know not everyone will agree with this, but it has been shown that a bit more than half of ADISC has had some kind of childhood abuse and even more non-abusive trauma (like parent abandoning child, or parent death), and all those cause a child to take on a lot of depression and anxiety that the kid does not even understand fully, the younger the worse the effect on the child. Those extreme feelings and events on a little kids or toddlers brain is detrimental, because having the close loved ones to betray you, or abandon you, or hurt you in anyway can cause the personality of that child to be altered by fearing for that trauma to happen to them again. Like for example a girls father leaves her at 4 years old and of course she will remember the confusion of not understanding why he left his little girl forever, and being sad that one of the people you look up to most abandoned you, that will cause that girl to most likely be afraid to get close to anyone else because the fear of abandonment. So for some reason our (abdl's) brains fight back by finding an extreme coping mechanism of regressing back to a time when there was no worries, with diapers helping this transition of feeling and state of mind. In this case when she was 3 or just turn 4 when her daddy was there.

If I do remember correctly, I think you said you never had any serious abuse in your life, and nothing seriously traumtic if I remember correctly from months ago in a thread about trauma/abuse. If that is true then it seems to me maybe your mind just found a way to tap into this coping mechanism of being able to cope with daily stress and problems through regressing and diaper wearing to a time of care free innocence. But because you had no trauma to enforce it, you do not have the urges to wear or regress as frequently or as intensly as others because of that. So which would explain why you are able to go without wearing or regressing for an extended period of time. All because you do not have a traumatic expeirance your mind is trying to constantly escape from while being over loaded with problems in the present too. Thus why you would rather wait for a daddy to do it, cause thats when you know it would be very enjoyable and that it does not bother you to wait (wait by not regressing or wearing by yourself) until you find the right daddy.

I and others on here always said there are many different reasons someone could be an abdl, and I think this is a perfect example of something different than the norm of the abdl community.

Status
Not open for further replies.