Ever change a diaper during a flight

scaifester

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I am a seasoned domestic traveler. I can wear a premium diaper on all domestic flights without needing to change mid-air. Even flights from coast to coast are short enough that Megamax, Betterdry/Crinklz are absorbent enough to give me sufficient protection
I have a long international flight coming up in the fall. Its a 12 hour flight.
Any solutions for discreetly bringing a diaper into the bathroom?

thanks

I find a drawstring bag works best for carrying a diaper and any diapering accessories. It's small and looks pretty casual so it shouldn't be any trouble at all

I used to use a small carry on back pack with essentials in it. Be sure to let the airline know you have special needs, and you may need longer going through security as they sometimes will insist on a strip search.

Reactions: browne
I just take my small carry-on with me to the lavatory. Biggest challenge is the cramped space - it's hard to change in that tiny, oddly-shaped area!

I just took the pad out of my hold all slipped it under my shirt and headed for the toilet. If anyone noticed so what!

I just walk up to the lavatory with it in hand. In not waving it around over my head our or anything, but i just fold it once and head up to an open lav.

Most peiple are so pligged in they arent going to notice.

A small diaper bag is a good idea as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teddy02
The more I think about taking the fresh diaper out of my underseat carry-on and taking it to the bathroom, the more it makes sense.
I can conceal it in a plastic bag to be more discreet. And you are right about most people sleeping or distracted with electronics/books.

I typically just have a diaper in a small draw string bag (or a paper bag works to) in my briefcase that goes under the seat in front of me. I can simply pull it out and walk to the bath room to change. Like it has been said, nobody really notices or cares.

For long flights, I add a 2XL contoured booster inside my MegaMax. I also wear terry-lined vinyl pants over my diaper. I've lasted over 12 hours like this.

Reactions: joemama
I usually don't, but I have done it. I just carry my small bag to the bathroom. I'm pretty good at standup changes so it's not a problem.
If you have a larger carryon, you could prepackage some diapers in something discrete.

I fly a lot and through the years I’ve become a master at changing on planes hahaha.
I always take with me a relatively small purse where I keep from one to three diapers, depending on the length of the flight, wet wipes, a lipstick and perfume.
I only change when I really need to: after wetting several times or messing my diaper.
I simply go to the bathroom, trying to do everything as quick as possible. After changing I put the used diaper in the trash can, spray the perfume on me and in the room, apply lipstick again, flush the empty toilet and while going out adjusting my hair. That’s it. Tricking people into thinking I applied my makeup again.

Reactions: paddedbum91
I just walk with the fresh diaper in my hand, unless it would have printed, people really do not seem to notice. No need to hide it.

Whenever I change on a long flight. I just take a small plastic bag with a travel size febreeze already sprayed in it that is super folded to a tiny piece. Then I take a travel baby wipe and my abena m4. I'll change standing up. Ill put the dirty diaper in the plastic bag and tie it with several knots. Then Ill ask the flight attendent where I can dispose of it. But for sure...let the airline know of your special needs and the flight attendant. I don't use powder on the flights because since its recycled air I don't want to make the cabin anymore stuffy. It works great. Then Ill just use a cologne spray like "cool water". Lol. Cologne of the 90s. Hehehehe

I've never had to change a messy diaper in flight, but I've changed wet ones, years of incontinence have made me proficient at changing in pretty much any circumstance, and I carry my diaper on hand...

Harley07 said:
I've never had to change a messy diaper in flight, but I've changed wet ones, years of incontinence have made me proficient at changing in pretty much any circumstance, and I carry my diaper on hand...
I always carry my diaper in plain sight

Reactions: Teddy02
Pickup a Skip-boo sling bag its small and light weight and holds 2 to 3 premium diapers and its a camo design so it does not look like a actual diaper bag. Carrying a diaper by its self is also a good idea (Plain white) no one will say anything and you will probably never see any of the passengers again. I have done the carry a diaper in plain site multiple times heading to a stores or reststop bathroom with no issues.

Reactions: landingxray
Rob110 said:
Pickup a Skip-boo sling bag its small and light weight and holds 2 to 3 premium diapers and its a camo design so it does not look like a actual diaper bag. Carrying a diaper by its self is also a good idea (Plain white) no one will say anything and you will probably never see any of the passengers again. I have done the carry a diaper in plain site multiple times heading to a stores or reststop bathroom with no issues.
You are so right. People are not concerned. Yeah sure they will have a looky loo....but they won’t be staring at it too long. Sometimes they won’t even know what it is.

I've never changed on board, but I've carried a diaper into places to get to the restroom. In the winter I usually can stuff it in a coat pocket, but during warmer weather, I just carry it. It think I've only got a comment three times. I was heading into Denny's one night (late when the bar crowds were ending up there) and as I walked past the people waiting to be seated I heard a woman say "That's a diaper." One time a clerk at a convenience store observed "that's a big diaper." After the fact I realized I should have said "It's because I'm a big baby."

Reactions: landingxray
I've traveled internationally a couple of times (Australia, Europe and Israel). And I hate trying to change in those tiny bathrooms. So I don't. I know it's not really healthy but I limit my drinking. And I also use Loperamide to reduce messy accidents. I've traveled over 20 hours (Australia) and I never leaked. Though I was pretty wet and only had one messy accident, I made it OK. I used a Confidry 24/7 disposable with really good boosters and plastic pants. Indeed, my diaper was extremely wet and my diaper got kinda bulgy. But I never had to change my diaper until I got to the hotel. I don't recommend this but if you do like I did, just make sure you wear what I did.

Reactions: jdlake131
I’ve got to quit reading these headings so quickly, I just couldn’t understand why anyone would change a diaper during a “fight”!

• Haha
Reactions: jdlake131
Back