Not open for further replies.

jamie72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Over a long period of time my incontinence gradually got worse and I was wearing diapers 24/7. I was still trying to use the toilet to pee, but was gradually ending up going in my diaper more and more. One day I decided that I would stop rushing to the toilet and just resign myself to the fact that I would use my diaper. It made my life so much easier. I suppose it was my real admission to myself that I was not just having accidents, but that I was incontinent and that it was not going to get better.

Jamie, I am pretty much at the same stage as you describe for yourself. I still use the toilet for bowel movements and when it's convenient to do so for urination, but I mostly just wet my diaper. As you said, that approach makes life a lot easier and much more free of hassles.

I couldn't imagine what incontinence must be like on a daily basis. I find this post very brave.

I gave in because it was easier than risking an embarrassing accident. I wear nappies all the time now and have lost what remaining bladder control I had. Life is so much easier once you accept you are incontinent and act accordingly.

This is what happened to me and I now prefer diapers.

I haven't quite given in yet, even though I wear 24/7. I stIill use the toilet for all BMs, and when I can to urinate, but I sort of feel guilty when I don't make it and end up wetting my diaper. I guess I feel like I should've known better and should've taken the time earlier to actively try to empty my bladder better (I have bad retention that leads to leaks). I understand that's it's not really under my control so much, but the fact I was a DL before this started still sits in the back of my head and makes me question myself. I guess I'll get over it soon enough, but it's a pain in the mean time.

Not quite there yet, though I have to admit that I'm starting to use my diaper more and more, since it means that my bladder isn't building up the same pressure which in itself is more comfortable - yes it does come with a cost, and that is I might slowly lose more and more control, but......

Jamie,
I've been fighting urge incontinence my entire life. I tried to fit in when I was younger when my bladder and bowel control reached its zenith in my teens. However, I still had embarrassing accidents during that time and had to rush to the bathroom (or anywhere private I could find). Normal bladder and bowel function for me is not normal for most people. Over the years, I was diagnosed with various nervous system conditions and eventually stopped trying to fight the inevitable accidents. Frankly, without accepting my diapers (which is a weird thing to say because I've liked the thought of wearing them for as long as I can remember) I would be housebound today or be undergoing one experimental treatment after another.

I've heard others say this and I couldn't agree more: "slap that diaper on and get on with your life." As a result I am an extremely active and productive person. I just wear different underwear than others and change myself every 4 hours or so.

Reactions: cantwait
i was totally urinary incontinent following prostate surgery. It lasted for weeks and then started to get better. I graduated from briefs to pads and was continent afterabout 9 months. One of my biggest fears is losing continence due a to recurrence of cancer.
I do not understand people who wish they were incontinent. Diapers are a fun hobby, but having to wear them 24/7 is not as much fun as these people think.

I too had to give in and wear diapers 24/7; I have to go to the restroom every hour or so, and this is not possible in the production environment I work in. I still use the restroom when one is easily available, like when I am at home, however I still end up using my diaper more than the toilet. One downside is the amount of money I spend on diapers, since I usually require 3-5 diaper changes a day, I am spending about $900/year. When I only had to use diapers at night, I only spent about $150/year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back