European XL Pampz?

PlastiBrain

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
A curious ebay item

Description : Vintage German Pampers Plastic Diapers XL Unopened 55lbs. Condition is New. Don’t miss your chance to own these. They fit up to 55lb babies which is unheard of but in Europe the diapers were always bigger than the US. More than one available, will ship anywhere world wide. Abdl friendly. Pet & smoke free home

For real?

Would these fit a 32 size waist proper though?

Those aren’t the biggest that were ever available.

There were plastic Pampers size 6 in Europe for 16-30kg (up to 66lb).

See video below (not me!)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: LilxFawn and DanUt
PCS said:

That's insane!

Reactions: 68Bonnie
Maybe so, but they did exist.

I would love to see a vid or even a picture of the old Peaudouce Childsize to see how big they were.

Forgot to mention, the nappy that is most like those Pampers in plastic, padding etc is the Tranquility ATN.

I’ve always wondered why the European Pampers were bigger than US Pampers. You’d think that it would’ve been the other way around.

Just to put it into a bit more perspective:
DA7D3B67-4529-485C-9266-6A3F32AA6C27.jpeg

The size difference is remarkable. It’s amazing they didn’t make them in that size here.

• Wow
Reactions: LilxFawn
Those Extra Large Pampers with the upper weight range of 30kg must have been huge.

The age 4-7 DryNites have an upper weight range of 30kg.

They do look very very big, they are very old and they are not that big anymore. But maybe the new ones are still better because they have the stretch.

Pity. Those 90s Pampers look delicious. And I would probably have fitted into them at the time. If only I’d known...

Reactions: billybobtombo and Lewis Badger
PaddedBrony said:
I’ve always wondered why the European Pampers were bigger than US Pampers. You’d think that it would’ve been the other way around.

I think it’s either because European kids are generally “bigger“ for their ages than American ones (I don’t know!) or whether, traditionally, Europeans had a more relaxed attitude to toilet training and later nappy wearing.

I remember going on holiday to Southern Europe as a kid aged 4,5,6,7 or so and regularly seeing kids who I thought looked about my age happily playing and wearing nappies.

Caused insane jealousy on my part at the time.

There is no baby diaper, current or old that will fit a 32" waist... I have tried a LOT of different ones, even when I had a 30" waist, barely anything would fit. The Pampers Size 7's with the stretchy sides would come the closest, but none of the plastic diapers had stretchy sides so, yes they are bigger when folded compared to a Barney Luvs Size 6, but without the stretchy tapes, they don't work. I think the biggest you can be to be able to wear one without modifications is 27" or 28" waist.

There’s now a Pampers Size 8 in Europe.

You might want to try those if you’re able to get some.

They’re now available in every UK supermarket as there had been a campaign to have bigger tape-on nappies available for special-needs kids.

PCS said:

They’re now available in every UK supermarket as there had been a campaign to have bigger tape-on nappies available for special-needs kids.
I've bought them already... got a 56 pack last May. They are no bigger than the Pampers 7... in fact I think the 7's stretched farther. I ended up selling about 30+ of them on Ebay...

These diapers are so amazing it blows my mind. If I could have had access to these as a kid when I was out of diapers.....

PCS said:

They’re honestly not a bigger diaper. They basically made the size 7 into a size 8 so they could squeeze more sizes into the existing range.

Yeah they're really no different to the previous size 7s, they just squeezed more sizes in between I think. There are now junior nappies available at Tesco which are meant to fit children a little older.

Reactions: dltyty
CookieMonstah said:
Yeah they're really no different to the previous size 7s, they just squeezed more sizes in between I think. There are now junior nappies available at Tesco which are meant to fit children a little older.
Which kind?? and are they any bigger than a Pampers 7??

Reactions: dltyty
PCS said:
These...

and “yes” but given they’re really an extra small cloth backed 4 tab plain white adult nappy, they might be a tad boring...
So, Basically your average generic "youth" adult diaper... no stretchy sides or cute designs... yup boring!!

PCS said:

Those almost look like my GoodNites. I wonder if they’re the same size 🤔

Back