Engineering a stink proof diaper

Joep

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have given this far more than just a little bit of thinking and I bet most of you here have as well. Let's design a diaper that rids or masks bad smells altogether.
Here's my initial thoughts:
  1. the diaper must be thick and fluffy enough to trap some of the fecal matter and smell so let's assume a higher capacity diaper is in the works.
  2. an elastic band around the entire waist and legs, not so tight to cut off blood circulation, but not too loose to make no differences.
  3. designing a very small airway so that the air inside the diaper does not start to ferment and bloat; this would prevent the plastic shell from popping if the user sits down. This airway should be filtered if possible and maybe a pleasant scented filter.
  4. the diaper itself should be pleasantly scented like a rearz lil' monster.
  5. the diaper material should have mild antiseptic properties, i.e trace amounts of silver shavings (microscopic amounts)
  6. the leak guards should be slightly thicker than most diapers and maybe have starched absorbent material at the base or inside the guard. this would allow the leak guards to stand up on their own and resist folding down.
Improve on my design with constructive criticism and feel free to share your genius in the thread.

Tundra1975

Contributor
Role
Incontinent
It will never work. The only to eliminate poop smell from escaping a messy diaper is approach the smell internally and use Nullo pills to eliminate the smell so when you do mess yourself, there is very little to no smell.

Last edited:

DanielW

Contributor
Role
Little, Incontinent, Other, Private
I don't know about nullo. I've always found it to have a smell all its own...not necessarily better just different.

I'm guessing activated charcoal would contain some odor, but the diaper itself would need to be air-tight, and I don't really think that's possible.

PaddedBrony

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
The other thing to consider would be the cost. By adding all of these additional features in, you’ll need more sophisticated machines and your materials and production cost will soar.

Joep

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
The other thing to consider would be the cost. By adding all of these additional features in, you’ll need more sophisticated machines and your materials and production cost will soar.
that is true! consider this thought experiment as hypothetical, not necessarily practical.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
Heh. Some time ago, I was listening to one of the local radio talk-shows, and the host described coming home to find his young daughter watching TV. Not only was she watching TV, she was seemingly ignoring a gigantic pile of dog poop on the carpet directly in front of her. When asked about it, she replied, "Don't worry, Daddy. I Febrezed it!" :LOL:

So, anyway... I vote for the diversion method! Maximum scent!!!!

But actually, a well-fitting plastic pant will go a long way.

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Heh. Some time ago, I was listening to one of the local radio talk-shows, and the host described coming home to find his young daughter watching TV. Not only was she watching TV, she was seemingly ignoring a gigantic pile of dog poop on the carpet directly in front of her. When asked about it, she replied, "Don't worry, Daddy. I Febrezed it!" :LOL:

So, anyway... I vote for the diversion method! Maximum scent!!!!

But actually, a well-fitting plastic pant will go a long way.
Your pants thought is right , I pooped my cloth diaper this morning , no smell till I dropped my plastic pants to change

RubberJin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
that is true! consider this thought experiment as hypothetical, not necessarily practical.
A normal diaper and a tight-fitting pair of rubber pants might do the trick - not sure about comfort & practicality though!

rennecfox

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Incontinent
Stink resistant is possible, proof will always be impossible as you'd be cutting off circulation to have that air tight a seal.

ManeWulf

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
I had an idea recently of a flushable layer on the inside of the diaper. it could go around the rear and essentially make no. 2 not have to sit around in a diaper at all.

rennecfox

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Incontinent
I had an idea recently of a flushable layer on the inside of the diaper. it could go around the rear and essentially make no. 2 not have to sit around in a diaper at all.
this idea is starting to actually catch on particularly in japan with the 2 part diapers which include an inner insert that goes in the diaper albeit not really flushable.

Last edited:

Paxe

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have done this successfully, although it took too much time and effort to be considered a practical solution. You cannot rely on stretchy waistbands and leg openings to seal to your body, because they move, and the concavity around the spine prevents a seal. Any gaps, even small, occasional ones, will make it useless.

What I did was to ensure the skin was completely smooth, clean and dry, and stick on tape 'seal zones' around waist and legs. Then, over the nappy, PUL pants that had been fitted with matching seal zones were sealed on with two layers of stretchy, impervious rubberised tape. Provided the seals were completely wrinkle-free, the pants were truly airtight without anything having to be tight around the body. I wore another pair over the top with a small amount of scent between the layers as a backup in case of a leak. A change took about 30 minutes, as it was not always possible to get the seal right first time. It was impractical to wear when sweating much, as this prevented the body-side seal zone bonding reliably to the skin.

The results, however, were flawless. The most demanding test was when I needed to do a poo while waiting in the checkout queue at the supermarket. I just stood there and did it all in the nappy, without the slightest trace of smell escaping. There might have been other clues, I considered after the event;, my concentration, possibly a bulge at the back, but no smell.

I would like to find a less cumbersome method. If there were a commercial solution that really worked, even if it were expensive to buy and complicated to use, I would be totally sold on it, for the incredible convenience of being able to make a mess whenever I feel like it. I couldn't trust internal deodorants; my body has to accommodate a very intense schedule and erratic meals etc, so it would be too difficult to guarantee that it was having the necessary effect. I wouldn't just be able to go in the nappy in front of other people in case it turned out to be smelly.

Wetbabygirl314

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Incontinent
I have done this successfully, although it took too much time and effort to be considered a practical solution. You cannot rely on stretchy waistbands and leg openings to seal to your body, because they move, and the concavity around the spine prevents a seal. Any gaps, even small, occasional ones, will make it useless.

What I did was to ensure the skin was completely smooth, clean and dry, and stick on tape 'seal zones' around waist and legs. Then, over the nappy, PUL pants that had been fitted with matching seal zones were sealed on with two layers of stretchy, impervious rubberised tape. Provided the seals were completely wrinkle-free, the pants were truly airtight without anything having to be tight around the body. I wore another pair over the top with a small amount of scent between the layers as a backup in case of a leak. A change took about 30 minutes, as it was not always possible to get the seal right first time. It was impractical to wear when sweating much, as this prevented the body-side seal zone bonding reliably to the skin.

The results, however, were flawless. The most demanding test was when I needed to do a poo while waiting in the checkout queue at the supermarket. I just stood there and did it all in the nappy, without the slightest trace of smell escaping. There might have been other clues, I considered after the event;, my concentration, possibly a bulge at the back, but no smell.

I would like to find a less cumbersome method. If there were a commercial solution that really worked, even if it were expensive to buy and complicated to use, I would be totally sold on it, for the incredible convenience of being able to make a mess whenever I feel like it. I couldn't trust internal deodorants; my body has to accommodate a very intense schedule and erratic meals etc, so it would be too difficult to guarantee that it was having the necessary effect. I wouldn't just be able to go in the nappy in front of other people in case it turned out to be smelly.
I keep encountering serious and thoughtful posts on this site. There is an impressive group of people here.

trysexiea

Mysterious
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have given this far more than just a little bit of thinking and I bet most of you here have as well. Let's design a diaper that rids or masks bad smells altogether.
Here's my initial thoughts:
  1. the diaper must be thick and fluffy enough to trap some of the fecal matter and smell so let's assume a higher capacity diaper is in the works.
  2. an elastic band around the entire waist and legs, not so tight to cut off blood circulation, but not too loose to make no differences.
  3. designing a very small airway so that the air inside the diaper does not start to ferment and bloat; this would prevent the plastic shell from popping if the user sits down. This airway should be filtered if possible and maybe a pleasant scented filter.
  4. the diaper itself should be pleasantly scented like a rearz lil' monster.
  5. the diaper material should have mild antiseptic properties, i.e trace amounts of silver shavings (microscopic amounts)
  6. the leak guards should be slightly thicker than most diapers and maybe have starched absorbent material at the base or inside the guard. this would allow the leak guards to stand up on their own and resist folding down.
Improve on my design with constructive criticism and feel free to share your genius in the thread.
(1)The Diaper can be really thin and really absorbent, diaper are unable to absorb fecal matters and thickness do change nothing on that.

(2) you can't really simply do it.

(3) it very complicated to require R&D

(4) no problem to do it

(5) require R&D

(6) not a good idea it's complicated to create add cost and do not work like you expect :)

I hope this can help you :)