Not open for further replies.

DLMelissa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
I understand that Enemas used often will result in dependence and trouble causing normal bowel movements, but is there any long term harm from using an enema/fleet enema, once a month or less, just for the feeling? I really want to try Enema's, or Suppositories at least once to see what it's like, but I also fear I may enjoy it a bit too much and do it too often. Any ideas on what I could try?

Reactions: DL0202
Get a proper reuseable enema kit, 2 or so litres, easily and cheaply available on Amazon or Ebay. Those fleet ones are tiny and useless.

I do them every week or so, and have no issues going to the toilet normally inbetween. They're also great to have to hand when constipated.

I give myself a good clean out every once in a while, i use 2 or 3 fleet ones at a time. I also like the feeling

I have heard and experienced differently. I used to do enemas pretty much once daily. Usually you have to wait roughly a day to go back to normal movements. I wouldn't be worried about enjoying them, as I do, very much!
Just make sure you know what you're doing, as an enema administered incorrectly can be fairly uncomfortable. Those small (8 oz or so) fleet enemas that blob mentioned are pretty uncomfortable. They're filled with things that stimulate your intestines to evacuate. It's really not fun in my opinion. Regular saline enemas are better, as it's a lot less strenuous on your body, and no chemicals are used in the process.
Take it slow, experiment, use the right tools and ingredients, don't do it in excess and you'll be fine. I would say more than 3 times a day is pretty excessive, but it varies from person to person.

I was just going to use soapy water, no chemicals, not that it would make a huge difference to me, but I feel like water would work just fine.

Soap in your bu#... you are in for a baaaaaad time..... It feels like soap in your eye, but you can't just rinse it out. The pain can last for days.
Try a Fleet first. If that goes ok, try a bigger enema kit with warm water. If that works out well for you, you can try more exotic stuff.

DLMelissa said:
I was just going to use soapy water, no chemicals, not that it would make a huge difference to me, but I feel like water would work just fine.
I would recommend you go to a site about enemas. There's some out there with out the fetish aspect that can give you recipes and advice. I wouldn't use just any soap out there.

As long as you use pure castile soap you should be fine, this is the soap they use in hospitals for a soap suds enema , anything on the order of anti bacterial or body wash will be a real bad time, the most popular castile soaps come with the addition of things (If desired) like lavender and peppermint, I have used the peppermint for years , real good stuff.best place to find the natural castile is health food stores and the top brand is Dr.Bronners, when using a soap suds enema a little goes a long way.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Tetra said:
As long as you use pure castile soap you should be fine, this is the soap they use in hospitals for a soap suds enema , anything on the order of anti bacterial or body wash will be a real bad time, the most popular castile soaps come with the addition of things (If desired) like lavender and peppermint, I have used the peppermint for years , real good stuff.best place to find the natural castile is health food stores and the top brand is Dr.Bronners, when using a soap suds enema a little goes a long way.

Seconded on the Dr. Bronners peppermint Castile soaps. I will use it around once a week in a 1-2 liter water enema with relaxing results. if you do decide to use a soap make sure to do a rinse enema afterwards as the soap can be a little irritating to some people. start with a small amount and work your way up to what works for you. a good place to get it for me is Walmart in the cosmetics area they have it in small medium and large bottles of the liquid. if you get that make sure to get a small oral syringe to measure out how much you put in the water mix to get consistent results and make sure to mix it well into your water solution.

Would it work just as well to use plain water? sounds like something I don't feel like bothering with the soap then, but I heard some people use it, didn't know it was specific, but I feel I will try plain water and see what happens I guess!

Yes tap water enemas are used fairly often as a method to not soil yourself regularly in public by those with fecal IC , there's another member here with years of experience using them successfully to live and do well with his IC .

Find all the youtube videos on the subject from the alternative health communities. They are good.

Disclaimer: I don't presume to be a trusted authority or an expert on this topic, but I will say I have quite a bit of experience. With that said:

The main thing about plain water enemas, as opposed to saline enemas for example, is that your intestines more readily absorb the water rather than expel it out. You'll find you're going to have to pee a lot more if you do a plain water enema. I have also found that they're not as easy to "take" so to speak, at least in my experience. I've also heard mixed reports that it could potentially cause an imbalance of salt in your body. I've never felt that or even know what that's supposed to feel like, but there you go anyways :p

I only do saline enemas, as they're more comfortable to me. 1 tablespoon of uniodized salt per every 1 Liter of warm water (purified if I have the ability to make it, but tap is just fine). I do sea salt, but since it is quite expensive by comparison, any uniodized salt will work.

Both large tap water and small saline commercial enemas do have the potential to screw up your system and if not caught and corrected will result in your death, it can happen to anyone although if you have certain health problems the possibility goes up, now I am not gonna go all medical on this, but if your condition puts you at a higher risk your doctor will tell you to steer clear, I have seen it about 50 times and probably 10 of those cases did not survive because they called for help to late, some people are stubborn myself included I have a lifeline system but have never used it in an emergency, perfect example is last February if a friend of mine had not found me wandering around lost completely confused I would be dead, I live 2.7 miles up the street from the hospital a BLS ambulance came and was taking me to hospital ,1 mile from the hospital they got an ALS intercept to keep me alive to get me the one mile further, I had encephalopathy and a stroke I don't remember any of it I was there in intensive care for three days before the encephalopathy cleared and they could get a coherent word out of me and I realized were I was, that snuck up on me even a Paramedic can miss signs in themselves that they are trained to look for in others, other people got my A game but I missed it in myself and almost died, this is what is called a teachable moment , if you feel like walking death call 911 don't be me ! The good news I got of easy with just speech problems .

I have been doing enemas ever since college when I dated a girl studying to be an RN. During this time I was wearing a snap on diaper and plastic underpants at night due to wetting problems. She understood my situation and never thought one way or the other about it. She was into healthy living to a high extreme and started me on my first clean-out. She / I used simple water (but not from a tap -she bought sterile water in jugs). My first sessions were about 1 enema every 2 - 3 weeks with small amounts (pint or two) and held for as long as I could (about 2 - 5 minutes) but she eventually had me up to 2 quart / 20 minute retention time after about 16 months. This "goal" was practiced about 1 every other month. She was more consistent at about every other week at 1 quart and 10 - 15 minute retention time. Even at 1 / month it felt like it was too much for me so I had to back out to every other month.

One time she did have me wear my protection to see how long I could hold a moderate load while walking around the block outside her apartment but loosing a portion of your enema in your diaper and then having to clean it is not pleasant in my experience so I never went this route again. She was able to take her enema and then casually walk around her apartment before needing to evacuate; I always did better with my goal if I was in a more relaxed position. I currently do a 1 - 2 quart warm water enema (usually I use tap water) about every other month and retain for about 10 minutes or longer before evacuating. I generally feel better the following days after taking an enema but I also encourage you to read up on this item a lot and start off gradually to gauge your own body.

I have tried various equipment but currently use an open top 2 quart max bag (easier to clean than a close top standard) and a 3/4 inch diameter "shaped" (curves from 1/2" up to 3/4" then back down to 1/2") straight nozzle about 8 inches in length. Standard nozzles in the kits are just pipes that are the same length and only about 1/4" in diameter which for me meant I had to bear down on it to hold it in place. My RN girlfriend began trying different types / sizes of nozzles on me and I am glad she did. Once you are able to use a shaped nozzle of the appropriate size and length it will not require you to hold it in place but will hold itself in place while you relax and take the fluid (or in my case I sometimes shave while taking my enema and standing up; the shaped nozzle keeps itself in place.) There are a lot of details of all of this if you want to begin a program, so take it slow and easy at first.

Now all of this just seems like a waste of time tbh, would it be easier to just use a suppository? or would it be easier to just once in awhile eat a bit more fiber, it seems way more fun to simulate a mess and clean that up than to mess for reals, because I have 3 flatmates I have to avoid, so messing isn't really an option for me, I'd rather not mess and change in my room with that smell, and I can't easily change in the bathroom without being able to hide a messed diapee in a bag. Enemas just enlighten the kinky side in me, and would really like to give it a try, but meh.

I have met more than one person who likes enemas because of the really full and explosive emptying , others who use double supps for the purgative effect don't get the explosion from holding it , so it really varies from person to person as to what they will enjoy . Supps do work but they can be held a really long time , whereas as large an enema as you can retain will at some point cause an explosion and emptying , in your case with the need to keep it away from roommates I think your OoL , fibre if undertaken will cause softer more runny mess , prunes are popular with the elderly because they are fibre as well as sorbitol which if your constipated is great , if your not well it gets ugly quick ,fibre will equalize your system weather diarrhea or constipated if neither things like Metamucil will require you to use so much, that the additional water requirement will be huge , so the humble miracle bullet sounds like your friend.

I've considered enemas to deal with my sever incontinence, it was someone from adisc who actually introduced me to it, but my doctor seriously adviced against frequent ones because I've had surgeries and several complications "down there" in the past, plus since I'm incontinent 24/7 I'd have to do several throughout the day. if you'd have had surgery I guess enema's can be dangerous. But if you haven't it's a great way to deal with incontinence, at least that's what I'm told, i'm sure there are long term side effects.

OhHeyThere said:
Disclaimer: I don't presume to be a trusted authority or an expert on this topic, but I will say I have quite a bit of experience. With that said:

The main thing about plain water enemas, as opposed to saline enemas for example, is that your intestines more readily absorb the water rather than expel it out. You'll find you're going to have to pee a lot more if you do a plain water enema. I have also found that they're not as easy to "take" so to speak, at least in my experience. I've also heard mixed reports that it could potentially cause an imbalance of salt in your body. I've never felt that or even know what that's supposed to feel like, but there you go anyways [emoji14]

I only do saline enemas, as they're more comfortable to me. 1 tablespoon of uniodized salt per every 1 Liter of warm water (purified if I have the ability to make it, but tap is just fine). I do sea salt, but since it is quite expensive by comparison, any uniodized salt will work.
Funny that the world's oceans cover 70% of the planet, yet sea salt is more expensive than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back