Emotional Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
What are some movies you have cried at or almost cried at. I can only remember 3 that have made me so emotional (I just watched Benjamin Button again, and cried a little...I'm still tearing up when I think about it)

So my list is

Benjamin Button
Terminator 2 (it's sad when he dies)
Cast Away (losing Wilson)

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I think I fry quite easily; nearly cried whilst watching Blackadder the other day. :p

Although I'm struggling to remember a film that made me cry... Probably because I don't often watch tear-jerking stuff.

The Fox and The Hound is probably the most recent film to nearly make me cry.

D

DominatingMommy

Edward Scissorhands makes me bawl my eyes out. I'm not sure why.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
I think the one movie that does provoke a small emotional response from me is the end of The Planet of the Apes, the original film, not that crappy-ass remake from 2001- Where Charlton Heston sees the Statue of Liberty, and breaks down on the beach. I LOVE that scene. That always provokes an emotional response in me.

WildThing121675

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I haven't ever cried at a film but there certainly have been ones with emotional moments -
Saving Private Ryan
Armageddon
Saints and Soldiers
Taking Chance
Of Mice and Men
24 - when Palmer was assassinated (seriously, I actually nearly cried at that)

Role
  1. Diaper Lover

That part almost dragged some tears from me. When you think about it, you wouldn't expect it to be of that nature, ("Oh no, he lost his ball with sticks poking out of the top and a hand print on it!") but it is sorta emotional. The music that played during that scene was amazing also.

Role
  1. Private
What are some movies you have cried at or almost cried at. I can only remember 3 that have made me so emotional (I just watched Benjamin Button again, and cried a little...I'm still tearing up when I think about it)

So my list is

Benjamin Button
The Notebook. And Big Fish.

LunaCat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I do not cry at movies... /grunt /grunt /flex

But I do get teary eyed at many of them :D

Lost and Delirious... lovely movie. "I rush into the secret house..."

The Notebook...

A Walk to Remember...

Legends of the Fall...

Edward Scissorhands... "because you asked me to"... how can you not love that guy...

The Last Samurai... oi I lose all credibility here... >.< Really I don't get why so many people hate this movie... And it baffles me why the whole "Tom Cruise is the last samurai???" goes on. I always wonder if Last of the Mohicans got a similar rap even though it was plainly obvious that the non-native american main character was in fact not who was being referred to in the title.

I digress...

Really, if something is well acted (even if only a part of it) and something important is happening to a character, I get really into it. But I watch movies and read books differently than most people. It's a very engrossing act to me; I'm very affected by such things. I was pissed off for a week after watching Seven after watching the end... and I even saw the end coming very early into the movie.

Hell I get wrapped up in TV shows... Battlestar Galactica was like a long, geek, sci-fi chick flick. True Blood... Carnivale'...

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I cry at the drop of a hat, so any movie gets me, unless it some action flick, but anything just a little sappy gets me.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Oddly timed post. I just finished watchning Marley and Me about ten minutes ago. I cried pretty hard at the end; I think my own dog is going to die later next month.

Deep Impact, Braveheart, Band of Brothers, The Crucible, and The Thin Red line, Schindler's List. Young men dying in wars that never should have happened always gets me; violence generally, hopelessness, and also love. You'd never guess it if you met me, but I can get very emotional.

angelabauer

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I freely admit to getting choked up at many movies and openly sobbing during a film several times a year.

Once in awhile I am crying in joy. When Maureen O'Hara's character "Katherine McLintock" gets what she has coming from John Wayne in that movie I was thrilled. I had a similar reaction when "Ellie" played by Jenny Maxwell gets what she needs from Elvis in Blue Hawaii, as Ellie said, "Nobody ever loved me enough...not even for that"

Barbara Stanwyck lost kids to custody fights in at least two films. Little remembered now was "Forbidden" Best known was "Stella Dallas" but the same thing happened to Bette Midler in the remake "Stella" Seeing those mothers watching their daughters and not being allowed to participate always makes me blubber.

Last edited:

Shredder92

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
Mine are strange, and mainly happen because my Dad also cried at the end of them:

Goodbye Mr Chips
The Railway Children - The ending is just sooo emotional!
(this 1 my dad doesn't cry at) Click - I know it sounds stupid, *SPOILER* but when he's about to die, I can't help but get teary and sometimes I actually cry.

there may be others, just can't remember them off the top of my head, but mainly it's ones where the protagonist dies. (Terminator 2 makes me teary, but not cry. Mainly because I watched it when I was so young)

It seems that If i cry/ don't cry at a film the first time I watch it, I will get the same reaction EVERY time I watch it.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover

"I now know why you cry, but' it's something I could never do."

anyways I like "Good Will Hunting" and "Finding Neverland" it's about J.M. Berry not MJ. (Not sure how much of Finding Neverland is real though.)

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
The Notebook. And Big Fish.

My grandfather had passed away about 8 months before Big Fish was released. My uncle had seen an advance screening or had heard about it (I don't know exactly) but he called all of us and told us we HAD to go see it. That movie hit us dead center, and we were all blubbering and crying, remembering the stories and experiences that had made him (my grandfather) such a vibrant and important part of our lives. There is so much in that film that paralleled our lives (not nearly as grandiose however) it was kind of scary. I do own a copy of it, and no I have not watched it again.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I just finished Benjamin Button again...I think I had about the same reaction D:

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I love, love crying at movies. When I go to movies, I hope that I cry during them!

A few that can make me sob like a baby:

Rudy
Crash
The Eyes of an Angel
Big Fish
The end of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
The Shawshank Redemption
The opening sequence of Star Trek (2009)
Pan's Labyrinth

There are quite a few others, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head!

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Dancer in the Dark. Hands down the saddest movie I've ever seen. And yes, I actually cried. Take into account that I almost never cry. For whatever reason.

Embarrassing as it may be, the only other movie that made me really sad and that I can think of right now is Air Bud. But hey, give me a break! It was one scene I was 10.

Maxicoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Star Trek Nemesis when Data died.
Pretty much any sad part of the Battle Star Galactica series.
When Mufasa dies in the Lion King.
The Bleach movie. That movie is so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.