Emma ABDL on Dutch TV programme

tiny

Est. Contributor
Has anyone heard of "Emma" -- the ABDL Amsterdammer?

The Dutch TV programme "Dit Is Mijn Keus" (This is My Choice) did a segment called "Ik heb een extreme fetisj" (I have an extreme fetish), where Emma appears under the name Karin and talks about ageplay. I thought she came across amazingly well. :)

Tot ziens!

• Love
Reactions: Sissyleslie, Floodingpants, michaelmc and 11 others
I like the crowd engagement and the unbiased questioning. You can see the crowd is surprised, but as she talks they lighten up and seem understanding too. She comes across so confident, educated, and happy that It makes our community look bright.

Reactions: Prillprillprill, KeyProtection, Angelapinks and 3 others
It's pretty funny how the lady 30 seconds in was pretty much right on the mark!

Reactions: Kittyinpink
What a well directed segment. Hats of to the producers for such an informative, non judgemental piece. I think much of the credit has to go to the Dutch people, they are so naturally accepting.

Reactions: Jorelaxed and Kittyinpink
Well done, tasteful. Although I am a DL, and not an age player, I just bought a ticket to Amsterdam!! I'll have to change my wet and messy diaper first.

I know Emma, I've hanged out with her at events and at her private nursery events. She is awesome and a great advocate for the community.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Albasion, Prillprillprill and 2 others
redsan said:
I know Emma, I've hanged out with her at events and at her private nursery events. She is awesome and a great advocate for the community.
She seems incredibly confident and matter of fact about everything, even in front of a big audience. Exactly the kind of person to be part of the public face of our community. I've seen too many interviews that have really made me cringe.

Reactions: dogboy and Kittyinpink
LifesAB said:
It's pretty funny how the lady 30 seconds in was pretty much right on the mark!
I was impressed with that also !

redsan said:
Have you invited her onto adisc?

Reactions: Albasion and redsan
TabaCrate said:
Emma is well known here in Europe, she organize events regularly.

She has also a WEB site: https://abdl.amsterdam/emma/
The quarterly parties she hosts at Club Luier in Amsterdam are so much fun and there was always a great turn out to the ones I've been to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kittyinpink
LiddleBigBoy said:
I like the crowd engagement and the unbiased questioning. You can see the crowd is surprised, but as she talks they lighten up and seem understanding too. She comes across so confident, educated, and happy that It makes our community look bright.
Its a lot better than some of the American talk shows when they have Adult Babys on . Here its nothing but a total insult and shame fest on those shows here.

MikeDJ said:
Its a lot better than some of the American talk shows when they have Adult Babys on . Here its nothing but a total insult and shame fest on those shows here.
American talk shows are trash, well all talk shows are trash.

Reactions: odd1inSyde
Just hits home how sex* negative the US & the UK are.

*"Sex" only applies loosely here.

1668056226938.png
The eye brow going up. I lost it laughing at that frame.
They did well to keep things positive tho, probably one of the best interviews I've seen of ab in public.

• Haha
Reactions: Prillprillprill, tiny, Lightstreak2553 and 1 other person
It helps that they picked someone pretty articulate/thin***/"normal***" sounding, and the host didn't provoke with tabloid-type questions.
In the US, producers seem to look for the most "abnormal***" people to appear on these kinds of shows so that it emphasizes the freak show factor.

***This is not a statement that agrees with standards of beauty or an endorsement for "normal" behavior (whatever that is.) I'm speaking from the perspective of the general public, or, what producers believe the general public thinks.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Lightstreak2553 and Kittyinpink
Hi @tiny ! Sorry for necroposting but I wanted to thank you for uploading this video and another with subtitles! (assuming it was you?? Not sure)

It sure feels great to have a positive and "normalized" portayal of AB/DL on tv, but I can't help but notice how diapers are never mentioned (while they definitely are a big deal for most abdls in my experience)... I'm not sure how I feel about it? Maybe it's too much of an idealized representation?

odd1inSyde said:
Just hits home how sex* negative the US & the UK are.

*"Sex" only applies loosely here.
Sometimes I wonder why Anglos are so uptight, relative to other European or post-Euro colonialism cultures.

Reactions: odd1inSyde
Mehrabad98 said:
Sometimes I wonder why Anglos are so uptight, relative to other European or post-Euro colonialism cultures.
I mean, maybe the avoidance and sex-repulsion in public discourse is typical to US and UK (I don't know enough to dispute it), but Italy for one is very sex-negative, just in a different way. It's hard to have a serious conversation about sex without it being turned into a series of jokes and cliches, because people just don't want to acknowledge that sex is an activity like many others and that it is in itself "normal".

redsan said:

Seconded :)

Back