Embarrassed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents and I are estranged from each other so much I doubt they even know I'm IC much less a AB/DL. That being said I came pretty close to getting embarrassed but it was the only way for me to cope with my past. My parents simply never understood what was wrong with me.

Yes and NO, although my grandma knows in that regard, I would still be relatively embarrassed for my family to find out.

I didn't (re)start sleeping with plushies until I got married and my wife slept with plushies. Now I have some of my own and we rotate periodically. :) Not embarrassing and pretty much all the family knows about it. We're both weird and they've pretty much come to expect it. My mom doesn't like it and sees it as a sign of mental weakness/illness (synonymous in her mind) but she doesn't get a say - I don't live with her.

I have a hard time falling asleep if I'm not cuddling or hugging my plushies. I think everyone in my family knows about them but they do not seem to care. My brother knows for sure as he has seen them all the time and he doesn't care about it much. Also one morning I was waking up and I was hugging plushie and my door was open as my mom walked by and looked inside, but she has never said anything and I am sure that she has seen me more than just that time.
I don't feel embarssed about it but I don't take it outside of my room unless I am the only one home and that it really rare. I guess if somebody were to take it upon themselves to talk to me about then I would probably feel embarrassed.

I have gotten over being embarassed about my teddy bear plushies. I have a number of them and they are on my bed and on my bookcases. I sleep with them and take them with me on trips. I will leave them on the bed in my hotel and will return to find the bed made and the teddy bear in place on the covers. So as far as plushies go, I really don't get embarrassed about them anymore. There are a number of studies and surveys that find that many adults still have a plushie or teddy bear that is significant to them that they sleep with and take with them when they travel. It isn't as out of place as it might seem.

Having said that, it is a whole different thing about diapers. While I often wear diapers when I travel, I do not leave them out and I don't leave used ones in the trash bin, but will get rid of them in a dumpster or other disposal location. I really would be embarrassed about that, or if someone discovered my adult sized pacifier. Hence, those items are stealthily hidden away.

But plushies??? Gosh, everyone loves getting a plushie hug! Maybe its in my Teddy Bear nature, but I truly believe that even most hardened people, if they were in a situation alone with a cute adorable plushie would sense a longing for the cuddly hug.:hug:

:detective3

Teddy Bear Cowboy

TeddyBearCowboy said:
I have gotten over being embarassed about my teddy bear plushies. I have a number of them and they are on my bed and on my bookcases. I sleep with them and take them with me on trips. I will leave them on the bed in my hotel and will return to find the bed made and the teddy bear in place on the covers. So as far as plushies go, I really don't get embarrassed about them anymore. There are a number of studies and surveys that find that many adults still have a plushie or teddy bear that is significant to them that they sleep with and take with them when they travel. It isn't as out of place as it might seem.

Having said that, it is a whole different thing about diapers. While I often wear diapers when I travel, I do not leave them out and I don't leave used ones in the trash bin, but will get rid of them in a dumpster or other disposal location. I really would be embarrassed about that, or if someone discovered my adult sized pacifier. Hence, those items are stealthily hidden away.

But plushies??? Gosh, everyone loves getting a plushie hug! Maybe its in my Teddy Bear nature, but I truly believe that even most hardened people, if they were in a situation alone with a cute adorable plushie would sense a longing for the cuddly hug.:hug:

:detective3

Teddy Bear Cowboy

Plush is some amazing thing.

Yeah. I moved back home in my early '20s when I was out of work, and still slept with several plushies and occasionally a moon & stars night light. Considering it was about the most visible and least unusual (to the vanilla mind) part of my ABDL, I was up front about it with my Dad and asked if having plushies & a night light in the house would make him feel uncomfortable. He was okay with it, so it didn't really cause any embarrassment.

Sometimes when I think analytically about some of the little things I do, I feel a bit ridiculous, but that makes sense. Most things babies or children do seem odd or confusing to all but the most psychologically-intuitive adult. I think it's the same with a lot of us who feel that our adult side and little side don't really overlap. What we do in little headspace can exist without logic and self-consciousness and societal constraints. That's a big part of what draws so many people to ABDL.

I was probably 10 and my mom saw me sleeping with a large bear and she basically accused me of using it as a sex toy (I wasn't). I had *no* idea what she was talking about. I think it left a scar on my soul. :)

So yeah. I get being embarrassed in front of family over it.

ornitorrinco said:
I was probably 10 and my mom saw me sleeping with a large bear and she basically accused me of using it as a sex toy (I wasn't). I had *no* idea what she was talking about. I think it left a scar on my soul. :)

So yeah. I get being embarrassed in front of family over it.

That sound kind of a mean thing to say to someone that is 10 years old

I have worn several times now in front of my flatmates, and i always feel a twinge of embarrassment but not enough to counter the thrill (they dont know, but i still feel embarrassed :p)

Pikachu said:
That sound kind of a mean thing to say to someone that is 10 years old

Yeah, it wasn't THAT bad at the time. She didn't use the term "sex toy" but it was more along the lines of asking me if I was laying on top of it and whether or not I had my pants on. It was only later that I understood what she was asking about. I knew at the time that it was 'bad' but I didn't know what or why. To be honest, though, it did encourage some exploration, which I'm sure wasn't her intent.

ornitorrinco said:
To be honest, though, it did encourage some exploration, which I'm sure wasn't her intent.
Ha! :laugh: That's about as hilariously ironic as you can get.

theQman said:
Ha! :laugh: That's about as hilariously ironic as you can get.

Indeed. Seriously. Looking back at it I still shake my head.

Sometimes but just have to get over it and understand that it's not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things :)

I wish I could sleep through the night in my footed sleeper (let alone diaper).. I get so nervous I'm going to get caught in the morning, even though I know it's unlikely to happen. Still, it is a real roadblock for my mind to get past. I haven't to this day been able to make it through a night wearing them.. TT.TT

I do the same thing with my cat.
If she is not curled up to me, I feel like something is missing.
I also nibble her ear..... meh.

Hmm.

I have been wearing at night out of necessity recently- potential side effect to some medications -and my father has been surprisingly supportive of the whole situation, though he does not know, or at least never mentioned, my previous desires to wear diapers recreationally.

After I get diapered for the night, I try to stay in my room, but occasionally I have to leave my room for whatever reason and he has occasionally come into my room while I am diapered. It is definitely an awkward situation, but I am not so much embarrassed, as I have a valid medical reason for wearing at the moment. However, in those situations I cannot help but scream silent to myself the word: "I am sitting here in a DIAPER, in front of my FATHER.". . .sigh

He only ever brings up my situation out of concern and avoids talking directly about the diapers. I have trouble saying the word "diaper" in front of him, preferring to give vague hints on what I am trying to say. (Such as needing to stop by the store to get more.) It really threw me for a loop when he yelled at me for being so cryptic about the whole thing.

To answer any quick questions:

I still live with my father because there is currently no good reason not to live with him. I change and take care of everything myself, no bizarre fantasy situations there. The cause of my bed wetting is being looked into by my doctor. The leading theory is Oxycodone or the general anesthetic caused minor urinary retention, which caused me to "overflow" at night. I did not feel any of the pain because I was doped up and did not realize I was not emptying my bladder all the way during the day. Anyway, it probably stretched my bladder and damaged the nerves/muscles which has caused the ogoing issue.

DO NOT GET ANY IDEAS! - If that is indeed what happened, I could have very well ended up in the hospital with a lot more potentially life-threatening damage.

My parents know Im ABDL and regularly padded up so Im not embarrassed anymore that they know, but a few times when they have walked in on me actually wearing a diaper, or I can tell they can see it under my shorts, there is some embarrassment, but also a bit of thrill :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back