Eletrocution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Happened once when I was about 10. I unplugged the vacuum cleaner and got some voltage on my hand.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
  4. Private
I'm an electrician, so yah, I've been hit numerous times by 120vac. But never by 220. From what I hear, 220 feels like you have been hit my a baseball bat.

~Johnathon~

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I touched an electric fence at land which, ironically, is owned by my father. We did not put the fence in.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
First time I got zapped when when I was about 4. I was trying to plug in my radio or lamp, I forget which, and I had my finger in between the plug prongs. It was memorable. I also got zapped by my car. I was timing the distributor and standing in a puddle. I touched the coil by mistake, and it made my hand fly back. It too was memorable!

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Sissy
I've gotten shocked a lot.

Once when I was 11 I was crawling under an electric fence. (Damn thing was to tall to get over.) And I slipped and caught the wire for a good 20sec.

And about 3 months a got my dad and his friend along with me were setting up electrical fence to keep a cow in and We needed to see if it was on right. (So we tapped it) and got shocked. :/ needless to say we installed the lower volt/amp one after that.

Then The same fence as when I was 11 me and my friend decide to jump it to get over it. :3 do I need say what happened.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
When I was about 11 or 12 I put my finger in a lamp that didn't have a blub, problem was the lamp was plugged in so I got alittle juice.

Mornavial

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Worst for me as a electric fence I grabed by accadents then got shocked and backed up into another one (made me feel like a idiot)

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Elecrocution? Means died so no. I've been bit as I like to call it sevral times. A 40,000 volt ignition transformer will make you swear like a sailor but crossing a 480v main you might rember when you wake up, if youre lucky.

Nam

B

Butterfly Mage

I ran into one of those horse wire things that keep livestock penned up. It didn't hurt, but it gave me the sensation of wanting to get the heck away from it.

Entity

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
When I was very little, my older brothers used to play this dare game called: Touch the electric fence. As you can guess, the name is self-explanatory. I had the misfortune of deciding to participate one day, much to my brothers amusement.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
When I was little, I got zapped while pulling out a plug like lots of people have, because of touching the prongs before the plug was out.

However, I received a scary shock when I worked in a hospital kitchen many years ago. It was a state mental hospital with buildings all over the property. In the central kitchen, as it was known, we had stainless steel food carts on wheels used to transport food to the individual building's kitchens via trucks. Just before loading food on the carts in pans and pots, the carts had to be plugged in to pre-heat the wells to keep the food hot until it arrived at the other buildings. Retractable coils of wire were located overhead, so you pulled the cable down, plugged in the cart, and pushed the six buttons on for the six wells. From regular use, one plug ended up with a broken off ground prong. I was in between carts when the other worker plugged one in with the defective plug. Unexpectedly, the cart shorted out, and with the ground prong missing I became the ground via the cart I was holding onto while plugging it up. All I remembered was my whole body shaking violently and a loud humming sound in my ears. I couldn't let go, but could only scream hoping someone would see what was happening. Finally, I fell over on the floor and broke my hold on the cart. The supervisor called for a doctor to check me over. My arm and leg that were the path of the current hurt like I had severe muscle cramps in them and my heart was beating hard. After awhile the doctor OK'd me and sent me home to rest up from the ordeal.

I was never so scared in my life and thought for sure I was going to die. Needless to say, I have a healthy respect for electric energy after that literally hair raising experience.

~Pramrider

MetalHeadTiffany

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Ive been shocked by an old bathroom heater before when I was eight yrs old, it was the kind that some old houses have, you know at the side of the tub, but anyway I was taking a bath and at the end my bath I reached for my favorite towel and got one heck of a shock because part of my arm rubbed against the goddamned thing but I didnt get hurt to bad it was just a painful shock but I lived through it

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
Unplugging my PS2 gave me a nice shock one time, woke up right up.

The most fun time was when I touched an electrical fence.. Didn't even know it was electrical because they had no signs or anything up, and it looked normal. No damage done, just awoke my senses.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Other
I've been shocked at least once. The time I remember very well was when I was about 5 or so. I was playing with an electric window candle. I plugged it in and shocked myself somehow. I put the candle away and tried to pretend I wasn't touching it. I didn't want to get yelled at for it... and I was pretty much ok, except for being kinda dazed. I've never been electrocuted though... I'm not dead.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I was trying to fix something and I plugged it in for a second and forgot to pull it out and my fingers closed the circuit between L and 0. 230V 16A. Hurt like hell (I know it's 16A as the fuse blew), I'm lucky I always have good shoes (they insulated me) or that could have killed me.
Jonathon: sounds about right, though I haven't put my hand in front of a bat in full swing to test it. (nor do I think I will).

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Electricity and I have been well acquainted for years now. We meet every so often at odd times. I usually try to avoid him, but he can be rather persistence in meeting.

When I was fairly young, I touched an electric fence that was supposed to be off. It blocked the path on Grandma's hillside to keep deer out of her garden. I suspect that my little brother may have turned it back on to see what would happen. He found it hilarious when I got shocked.

As a young teen, my brother and I was trying to get a small dirtbike started. I was holding the spark plug which was removed from the engine, but still connected to the spark plug wire. While I was inspecting the plug and wire, my brother decided to try to kick start the motor. He knew instantly that it was not a good idea and started running while I was still a bit dazed from the shock. After a few minutes to calm down, we continued to work on it without any luck that day.

During an experiment with an wall adapter cord, my brother and I both tested the output with our finger. The input was supposed to be 120 VAC with an output of 9 VAC. I had cut the output plug off and stripped the insulation off both wires a short distance. We used a AA battery to connect to the output (low side) of the transformer with the input prongs facing up on the floor (not plugged in). If the battery was briefly connected to the transformer, a single jolt could be felt at the input prongs. We took turns holding the battery and bare wires while the other one felt the voltage output. We were able to determine that the shorter pulse of DC through a transformer resulted in a better jolt. Straight DC through a transformer does nothing.

Several times, I have found bad power cords when my hand tingled badly. Other times, I have discovered a bad chassis ground after touching the metal case of something. The most recent experience with such was my home's water heater. The entire home's ground wire was not properly connected. When I removed the water heater drain plug to remove the built up sedament, I did not feel any electricity. After draining the waterheater, the ground under it where I was standing was wet. Re-installing the drain plug was bad. The power to the waterheater was off, but something else was putting voltage potential onto the waterheater chassis. I could only hold the wrench to the drain plug for a few seconds at a time and took several minutes to tighten it fully because of the strong tingling sensation going through my hand. It felt like a 9 volt battery on the tongue, only the sensation went through my hand, arm, and legs with greater power. Later, I found the bad ground wire and corrected it.

No electrocution here, just a long list of shocks, jolts, and strange tinglings from electricity.

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I ran into one of those horse wire things that keep livestock penned up. It didn't hurt, but it gave me the sensation of wanting to get the heck away from it.

That is about as far as my experience with electrocution goes: Touching or being dared to touch an electric fence that is meant to contain lifestock on a meadow. It gives you a rather instense sensation of discomfort and makes you pull away your finger immediately, but it isn't actually harmful.

Other than that, I keep my body parts away from electric sockets or electric equipment. My dad was an electrician and thus made sure to install child-safe sockets and to educate me about how electricity works. So nowadays, I can do my own electrical installation without electrocuting myself or burning down the house :tongueout:
Oh, and over here in Europe, voltage is twice as high as in north America, so you really want to keep your fingers away from electricity!

Peachy

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I walked into a bathroom that was being remodeled at our house and my right arm made contact with bare wires (110v) where a switch was being replaced, and it knocked me across a small bathroom. It felt like I had been punched in the arm!. I have also had my share of sparkplug/plug wire/ coil adventures that never ended well (once my left arm tingled/vibrated a couple of hours after the strike)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.