Editing- and what you can do with it till when

Do you want to have these implemented? (You can choose multiple so if you want both)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blarg

Est. Contributor
Role
Ok well here's an idea... Make edits unlimited amount of time because i logged on today and i can't edit my story any more.

Second something that the story forum might deeply appreciate would be the ability to edit thread names after they're posted so that way it could be like, "Chapter two is up" etc.

thanks, for listening
~blarg

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
There is a forum plugin being developed that can make it possible to set the edit times individual per forum and if I remember correctly also individually for first post in topic and replies. But as it had some problems Moo decided to wait until it was stable.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I like the idea of editing on stories, to fix errors ect... however on regular posts there should be a time. I like the idea of what you say you can't change. Like in real life, you can't take words back, you shouldn't be able to do it here either.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
Yeah, I wish I could go back and edit my stories some more, it would be nice. Not long ago we could do that, but Moo must have put an end to it..

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Ok well here's an idea... Make edits unlimited amount of time because i logged on today and i can't edit my story any more.

Second something that the story forum might deeply appreciate would be the ability to edit thread names after they're posted so that way it could be like, "Chapter two is up" etc.

thanks, for listening
~blarg
You're already supposed to be able to edit your thread titles for a day or so after your post. Use the thread tools menu to try this. If it doesn't work, let me know.

I have previously done a lot of work investigating "per forum" edit time limits. It turned out the modification code to enable this is buggy, because the developer who wrote it either diddn't do a good job, or the code got out of date.

As soon as I get some free time, I will have a go at modifying/fixing his code, or writing some of my own, to enable this often-requested and very useful functionality.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Another issue: if you could edit your story forever, your thread would eventually get lost in the depths of the forum. Having to re-post it as a new thread once in awhile keeps members aware that it has been updated.

I've set some pretty generous edit time limits on posts/threads, especially with regards to editing your thread title.

Status
Not open for further replies.