Easter fun

feetintrouble

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
With Easter approaching, do you have any special rituals for the day, especially hunting for eggs?

We have a small Easter tree, and a few egg-like decorations. When it’s time for the egg hunt, I am blindfolded, because the Bunny is shy and does not want to be seen. When my caregiver is sure that I can’t see, she takes me into the garden, puts a basket into my hand, and tells me to listen out for the Bunny. I can hear the Bunny hiding the eggs, and then I have to crawl and find them. (Depending on the weather, getting a bit wet and muddy is part of the fun!) If the Bunny is feeling generous, he might talk to me in a squeaky voice to guide me. I am not allowed to see anything until the Bunny has gone; and any I did not find, I have to give to my caregiver.

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyRobbie
When I was a boy I went to a fancy dress party as White Rabbit, with my sister as Alice in Wonderland. Not my choice, obviously.

My outfit consisted of white tights and a white leotard with a fluffy bunny tail sewn on. I had a red waistcoat, which just emphasised that I had nothing on my lower half. And then a pair of bunny ears, and whiskers and a kind of rabbit’s face drawn on to my face with face paint.

And because it would be so difficult for me to get out of my outfit if I needed a wee, I had to wear a pair of pull ups under the tights and leotard.

I was sure everyone would be able to tell, but to be fair, only one kid mentioned it.

I may recreate that humiliating day for fun this Easter.

Reactions: feetintrouble, Seasonedcitizen and BabyRobbie
I'm sure she will or myself come up with something sweet & cute !!!

Reactions: chickpea
Ali123 said:
When I was a boy I went to a fancy dress party as White Rabbit, with my sister as Alice in Wonderland. Not my choice, obviously.

My outfit consisted of white tights and a white leotard with a fluffy bunny tail sewn on. I had a red waistcoat, which just emphasised that I had nothing on my lower half. And then a pair of bunny ears, and whiskers and a kind of rabbit’s face drawn on to my face with face paint.

And because it would be so difficult for me to get out of my outfit if I needed a wee, I had to wear a pair of pull ups under the tights and leotard.

I was sure everyone would be able to tell, but to be fair, only one kid mentioned it.

I may recreate that humiliating day for fun this Easter.
I do like your story, it made me smile. I remember a boy in my class (then aged 7) who delighted in wearing a stretchy rabbit outfit, with a tail, when acting out the story of the fox and the rabbit. It was certainly his choice!

There’s something inherently childlike about Easter bunnies, and slightly humiliating about being made to dress as one. I love the episode of the Vicar of Dibley where everyone in the village is tricked into dressing as the Bunny, and the vicar threatens the (adult but extremely ditzy) Alice with a hairbrush spanking, for still believing in the Bunny.

I’ve been known to put on bunny ears and hand round eggs among totally vanilla groups of people, just for my own entertainment.

The spring goddess Eostre disguised as a hare is reduced to a harmless bunny suit in a TV comedy. The early church fathers would have been delighted.
Have fun dressing up this year.

After Easter I will try and get a big bunny plushie for 50% off.

Back