Easier buying baby items?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I guess I'll try to start a discussion up.

Do you find it easier buying baby items now then when you did when you were a teenager?

I do, actually. It's not nearly half as incriminating seeing a grown man by Baby things when the usual assumption would be that he's a father.

A teenager however wouldn't get that luxury. so... err... yeah.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
That makes sense, although it's a bit different when I go buying NUK 5s, because they're explicitly marketed as "adult pacifiers", and not intended for babies. I'm not quite old enough to have an adult son or daughter (off by a few months when you consider conceiving a kid at age 12).

Peachy

X

xdeadx

Well like Kraiden stated it isn't that easy to buy babystuff. Because there's one major thing that can go wrong... They either think you have a kid(sadly I've had that happen before). Every other time I went to go get something though the cashiers said nothing. Which I wasn't expecting at all.

As an easy way to do stuff... I just wanna say having someone there with you helps alot. When Zyph and I went to go get a few things it wasn't hard at all.

AshleyAshes

Moderated
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I think that as an adult it's easier to buy just about anything, cause you don't live with your parents you can bring home anything you want and not have to carefully hide things. It doesn't have to be diapers, as an adult, you can come home with a bag of marshmallows and a dozen chocolate bars for dinner without your mom screaming at you. :)

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well depending on where you live in the world, you may still be assumed to be a parent...

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I find it easier when I have my beard grown out since it looks like I am in my 30's then even though I am only 20. But anyways its also been easy to buy a baby bottle or sippy cups and even baby diapers or goodnites. Though I don't mind going into any store at any time to buy a package of depends. Thats unless I ran into someone I know pretty well but thats never happened much at all even while shopping for normal stuff.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Good question Kraiden!

I would have to say yes. As I have gained experience in such purchases, it gets easier each time. As I have become more independent, I have had more freedom to go to what ever store whenever I want. When I graduated high school, Dad made it quite clear that I was an adult. Mom still wanted to know where I was at all times, but no longer had much control. After leaving home a few months later, no one cared where I went. Nothing like a thousand miles of separation to declare one's independence!

As for the actual purchases, having a steady income helped out significantly. However, I am not sure about people's suspicions when I purchase adult diapers in my size. Other than that, it is so much easier now.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
When I was a kid I had it all planned out to ride my bike to the local store and buy diapers, but I was too scared. Even though my kids are grown and gone, I still look dad aged, so I can go and buy Goodnights with no problem. But now I'm starting to approach that age where I wouldn't buy depends because they'll think, "Oh, poor soul. Must be prostate." So there is the other side, you young 20 year olds!

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
mostly when i buy diapers in person rather than ordering online i buy from a medical supply store rather than an ordinary drug store like walgreens or whatever. i think the people behind the counter probably assume i'm a nurse or a home-care worker of some sort. i always ask for a receipt to make it seem like the company i work for is going to pay for it. :p

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
well it's easier in that i can order stuff online (ebay, etc.) which gives access to a TON of options that aren't limited to stores. If i am forced to go to a store, then it is sooooo easy especially here in Indy. Most of the people that go to school with me are parents themselves so i can blend in with everyone if i wear my uniform (uniforms are more functional btw, its auto tech. training.)

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I guess I'll try to start a discussion up.

Do you find it easier buying baby items now then when you did when you were a teenager?

I do, actually. It's not nearly half as incriminating seeing a grown man by Baby things when the usual assumption would be that he's a father.

A teenager however wouldn't get that luxury. so... err... yeah.
I think it would be. But a teen could also use the excuse, "I'm buying them for my little brother/sister." Also, teens tend to be more self-conscious and caring more about what other people think. Most adults grow out of that.

AshleyAshes

Moderated
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I think it would be. But a teen could also use the excuse, "I'm buying them for my little brother/sister." Also, teens tend to be more self-conscious and caring more about what other people think. Most adults grow out of that.
Awwww... That's cute. You think grown ups arn't as selfconcious as teens. Sooooooo wrong. XD

AshleyAshes

Moderated
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Lemme put it this way, most people reach a point where they worry about how what their lawn looks like, will make the neighbours think of them. :p

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
For me, my self-conscious concerns have definitely changed over the years. My honesty and integrity are things that I value greatly. I try to preserve these at all times. My private pastimes are kept secret from most everyone, because I do not want it to affect their opinion of me now more than ever. However, for more trivial matters, I have decided that I could care less. Anyone bothered by what I drive, where I live, or how I maintain my lawn probably should not discuss these things with me. I really could care less for these. However, I do not want my neighbor to ever think that I am rude or inconsiderate.

Have I become less self-conscious? Just the opposite, now more than ever.
Do I worry about what the cashier thinks about my purchase anymore? No.
Am I concerned about embarrassment and ridicule? Absolutely!

Izzy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Little
Yeppers! Being older...(well sucks), but it has its advantages. It's definitely easier to walk into a random store and buy diapers, and just claim it's for a joke or something. I also have more money, can order things online *like my new shortalls* and generally, freedom!

yukonbilly

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
i buy all my stuff online diapers,plastic pants,pacifiers oneies everything i need is there and some really good ab stuff

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Hmmm well it is hard to say....cause I have never bought baby item at a store before, except goodnites several times (if that counts) and a pack of pampers size 6 once. Each time I bought goodnites I was still a teen so it was probably obvious. No I imagine if I went in to buy a pacifier or bottle at 20, people would not second geuss as much as to when I was 16. Specially if I have my beard grown out.

Last time I went and bought diapers in the store was attends, which I did a search online for stores that sell them in my area, and I found one within like 15 miles so I went for it. When I got down there, I noticed it was like a independent mini grocery store, and it was way more crowded than I expected. I got super nervous and walked around reading a magazine trying to wait for people to clear out before I purchased. I eventually said screw it and did it, I bought attends classic 10's mediums and I got kind of a smirk from the lady who checked me out. After that I walk-ran the fastest I ever have on the way out of there haha.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Hmmm well it is hard to say....cause I have never bought baby item at a store before, except goodnites several times (if that counts) and a pack of pampers size 6 once. Each time I bought goodnites I was still a teen so it was probably obvious. No I imagine if I went in to buy a pacifier or bottle at 20, people would not second geuss as much as to when I was 16. Specially if I have my beard grown out.

Last time I went and bought diapers in the store was attends, which I did a search online for stores that sell them in my area, and I found one within like 15 miles so I went for it. When I got down there, I noticed it was like a independent mini grocery store, and it was way more crowded than I expected. I got super nervous and walked around reading a magazine trying to wait for people to clear out before I purchased. I eventually said screw it and did it, I bought attends classic 10's mediums and I got kind of a smirk from the lady who checked me out. After that I walk-ran the fastest I ever have on the way out of there haha.

What did you search to see where Attends were sold?

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
What did you search to see where Attends were sold?
I am pretty sure I used the attends home website for a store seller locator. Then used yahoo map quest to get directions of course! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.