• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Earth Hour, did you participate?

Did you participate?

• Yup ^-^

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • No.(Forgot or just didn't want to)

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • No!(I think this is pointless/stupid)

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Wanted to but couldn't

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xdeadx

So tonight(March 28th) at 8:30, many cities and families turned off their lights for one hour.

I'm not exactly sure on the exact definition of it, but it's basically a statement to represent people that care about the world and stuff. Basically you were supposed to turn out ALL un-necessary lights(everything except like traffic lights for cities and stuff) and sit and have a nice little chat about the future or just some nice little family time.

Did you do it?

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I usually have the lights off, so yeah, I guess so.

Role
Private
I absolutely participated.

As I typically consume energy in an efficient fashion, I decided to become involved in "Earth Hour".

I turned on my television, toaster, microwave, computers, portable heater, lights, outside heating element, and would have run the washing machine if I'd had clothes to put into it.

Were I a criminal, I'd have chosen this hour to strike, as many places had reduced or lowered lighting.

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
Damn, logic bunny, didn't think of that. You are one smart cookie! (Er...bunny)

I was going to. I was watching TV, and I completely forgot about it. Although, we did turn off alot of our lights, completely unrelated, for quite some time. Does that count? ;)

--The Silent Assassin--

B

BabyWolf

Nope. But had I remembered, I'd have turned on every light in the house as a big "Screw you!" to the lie that is global warming.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
I didn't know about this but I did leave my apartment today and my bf was asleep because he works graveyard. Does that count?

dentedwheel

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'll tell you what, since I missed it, I will shut off everything in my house right now for 8 hours to make up for it. Sound fair? Good.

Oh yeah, one more thing:

Good night!

LaramFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Nope, I Didn't Forget, Its Not That I Couldn't, Nor Just Couldn't Be Bothered, I Had No Bloody Clue! :D

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
I didn't do it. I knew it was tonight, but my parents had some friends over.

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
My fraternity turned on lights. And we're gonna burn tires on Arbor Day. Sorry guys.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
Sorry, no, didn't participate. Was watching baseball on MLB Network when that was going on. Had heard about it on TV all this past week.

WildThing121675

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
It's pretty much useless. Everyone participates by turning off all their lights for an hour. Then, when that hour is up, they turn them back on and give themselves a pat on the back, while burning a ton of electricity untill next years earth hour. Nah, not my thing. Instead I practice good energy efficiency all year round.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Forgot about it, but I didn't have my light on anyway. Would you believe that a CFL, with a life of 10,000 hours or something, started to fail in that hour?

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Never even heard of it.

I guess Earth hour isn't a worldwide event.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Well that was a joke.

Although, is it 8:30 for everybody (so every time zone 'does' the hour at a different time), or is it one particular hour that everybody does at the same time? Because if it's the latter, then somebody's sleeping through it anyway!

Either way, I've seen no adverts, no announcements, no people dressed as trees, no slow news day filler, no nothing to make this hour known...

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
No, tought it was pointless; plus if a tv ad tells me to do someting I generaly don't do it.

scoo

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
I did. we have a small black dog so I had to be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.