Earliest memory in a diaper?

Pika123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Mine was at a sleepover at my house when I younger, maybe 5 years old?

Reactions: Billies1, BobbiSueEllen and Jim100
Did have some earlier ones but the earliest one I can currently remember clearly was thus;

I was around 7 and still wet the bed at night, my dad had gone shopping and bought nappies instead of pullups, aka 'the wrong kind' as dad's are occasionally wont to do.
I remember lying on my bed and my sister who would have been about 15 coming in to put me in one so I could go brush my teeth and get to bed.

Huh, hadn't thought of that quite so clearly until now. So thanks I guess.

Reactions: LilBubba88, BobbiSueEllen, Jim100 and 1 other person
I have no memory of being in diapers or having my diapers changed before I was potty trained.

When I was about 10 years old, I started to wet the bed. At some point, my parents got me diapers and I wore them at night until I stopped wetting the bed.

I don't remember too much about my feelings about wearing diapers at the start, I think it was just a matter of practicality and will as mom saying I need to wear them.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, JOCKMAN and Jim100
I remember being little at the baby sitters, young enough that I was still being diapered for nap time, while the bigger kids were taking their turns to use the toilet before nap time.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Jim100
I’m guessing I was 3 or 4 years old, but I remember waking up at night once and realizing there was something different I was wearing down below. I reached down and felt the plastic shell of a diaper, but I somehow didn’t realize it was a diaper. I don’t recall being put in one or anything and I was potty trained by then. I got out of bed, ran to my moms room and woke her up and asked “Mom, what is this?” I guided her hand down to the “mystery objext” and she acted surprised and said, “I don’t know. But to back to bed and we can talk about it in the morning.” So I went back to bed and asked her again in the morning. Apparently she always diapered me at night just in case. It was just always after I was asleep so I never knew. I don’t know how I never noticed it before that or how I never realized it when I woke up in the mornings, unless she took it off first. I don’t know and I will never know, but I am 100% positive that story happened.

Reactions: Billies1, AJFan2020, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
Ok. So i do remember this. When i was 7 we went to washington to see my aunt who had a two your old son. My cousin. My aunt in front of me changed his diaper. No im older and remember that back then the disposables were plastic. She did not use cloth.

I was looking at my cousin on the ground and remember how cool it was to be diapered and was almost in disbelief of the diaper being put on him. It really fascinated me. My aunt saw me. I don't know why i was that way because i was just a kid.

Surprisingly my aunt had me lay down and put one of his diapers on me. I didnt remember protesting. And i dont remember my mom.even saying anything. It was just a very clear memory of mine and don't know why it is so vivid in my mind but that was the last time i remember having a diaper on me as a kid.

• Love
Reactions: pamperwarrior, Mikecarson, BobbiSueEllen and 4 others
I still very clearly remember being put in a white, plastic backed pampers diaper when I was four years old and I had pooped my pants on the way home from pre-school. I had to wear it in front of two other kids and then home when my Mom came and picked me up. The babysitter who put me in that pampers diaper teased me about for a few years after, I found it humiliating but her family all laughed about it.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Dylan292
Towards autumn 1982 my grandma was recovering from her first stroke. Granny and grandpa lived about 15 miles away and mum took up care for her mum. Dad was a trucker almost all his life and therefore barely at home.
I was inching in on my 5th birthday and my younger brother on his third when it was decided that we two would spend two weeks with my dads older brother and his wife so that mum could temporarily move in with her parents. My brother still wasn't potty trained and this would take way past his third birthday. We were brought to uncle and auntie and I remember quite clearly that we played in their backyard when I suddenly wet my pants. I don't really recall why, though. As a kid back then, I didn't like to be away from home and maybe this played a role in it, but I can't say for sure.

However, after wetting my pants auntie decided to put me back into diapers as she seemingly didn't believe in a one off and I remember a vivid phone call with mum, discussing the matter. What I also remember is, that the diaper was way too small since auntie put me into one of my brothers. Back then mum used Pampers and Luvs, how a couple of cardboard boxes on our chimney state to this day. Auntie wasn't too happy with the too small diaper so she took us for shopping, which basically meant bigger diapers for me as well as more supplies such as creme and powder for both my brother and me. I already hated it because my pants didn't really fit with the diaper on. At the supermarket another kid a bit older than me, found it out since the too tight pant made me waddle and the shape of the nappy must have been clearly visible. The fella than started to yell about me being in pampers and I remember only that I started to cry badly.

It should get worse for me because with the bigger pampers the pants didn't fit at all anymore and so I was made to wear these cotton wool kids tights with two seams on the back and one seam on the front from the crotch upward all the time. Now today these seem to be only available in ladies fashion but I guess that my love for this warmish underwear is directly related to this time. I also remember how I wet the smaller pampers on full purpose because I was quite mad and angry still about the supermarket incident. And then I stood in diapers for the entire two weeks. I suppose that I was on my way to become a diaper lover already because even before these two weeks I used to be jealous of my brother getting changed all the time.

Following these two weeks it was back to undiapered life after some desperate attempts of mum and because I had to go back to kindergarden. Our life as a family should change a few month later when it became clear that granny would need more care and support. So we moved in with the grandparents and pampers were out of my mind for a while although there was a tiny plastic pant incident when dad found me playing with one of my brothers and gave me an angry speech about big boys not using plastic pants.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, LainIsLain and tiny
I can’t say I have any that are really vivid or detailed, but I can remember when I was 4 or so, I was sent to preschool in Pull Ups on several occasions. I can also remember a few times refusing to try and use the toilet when potty training. I was a stubborn kid back then, and I held off on potty training until 4 1/2 as a result.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and DiaperedBedwetter1998
At my aunts house who ran an in home daycare, she was watching me one day and I was curious so i took a diap and tried it, I was about 9 yr old at the time and fell in love instantly!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
None of my own. But I remember watching my first cousin once removed get her diaper changed when she was a baby and I was most likely four. Her mom was talking on the phone and the baby started wetting the open diaper. I was fascinated and probably aroused.

I remember being 2 or 3 in preschool. I was sent wearing a white diaper with baseball prints on it. At some point during the day it was changed and a pink diaper was put on.

Earliest memory for me was sleeping at Grandma's house and wearing a diaper to sleep ( pullups and good nites not invented yet) she didn't want me to wet the bed I was 4 or 5 I think

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, DiaperedBedwetter1998 and Jim100
My earliest memory is when me and my family went on a Caravan holiday, no it wasn't one of those towable caravans but rather the large caravans you find at places like Butlins. But yeah, back then I was really bad at bed wetting (I'd wet almost every night and quite heavily), and at the time I was about 4 or 5 years old, so I think on day 2 or 3 my mum bought some of those cheap nappy brands from one of the shops on the resorts premises, so not pampers or huggies. Apart from a little trip to hospital, I had been dancing on the dance floor of the resort, fell over and banged my head on a chair leg (resort staff called the Ambi), I was put back in nappies for the night until we went home, as you can guess because it was a cheap brand the nappy still leaked and on the way home on the train I can quite clearly remember my mum also saying how "she forgot the nappies", though I suspect her comment was meant to be innocent (as in she purposely forgot them but didn't really intend to embarrass me as mums do).

Everytime I recall the memories, even though I don't have much memory of the holiday itself, my sister is adamant it wasn't nappies but those incontinence pads you put on the bed.

Last edited:
I don't have any memories before I was trained. After was 7 years old for me, I found some of my cousin's and wore one.

My first memory was very tramatizing. I remember being diapered because of my bed wetting and pictures taken of me crying and dad telling me to raise up my shirt so when he took the picture my diaper could be seen. I don't recall much more of it but I think I was sent to bed with it. I also remember waking up in yet a wet bed because I wasn't wearing any plastic pants.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: LilBubba88, BobbiSueEllen and littlemoosey
At home aged 2 /3 either in evening being told have last try for a pee in toilet before getting a cloth nappy pinned on before bed or in the morning and my mum saying that’s a stinky nappy because I must have pooped it in the night 🤢

My first memory is back to when I was about 6 and We were going for family holiday starting with 12 hours ride. My brother at age 3 was put back to diapers in case it wont be possible to stop, even he was potty trained, but with night accidents. I was desperate to get diaper as well, but my parents would never gave me one. He wet the diaper sitting next to me and telling my parents, being really ashamed.
Later when being around 7-8, we had doll and my parents bought some cheap diapers to be used as "doll diapers" for play. I remember coming back from school and wetting those, even they didnt fit. I wasnt good at hiding so my parents found out and that put me in some talk from them.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Elhon
i dont remember being put into diapers because the diapers disappeared when i was two and a half. but there are a number of photos of my cousin and me in diapers, and also pics of us in wet pants and pjs after we were out of diapers.

I remember being laid out on my aunts living room floor and being changed, I specifically remember see the jar of desitine and seeing the diaper right next to it. I don't remember the feeling of the diaper being put on me or looking at it once it was on, I guess at that point in my life being changed was just normal.

Back