S

Secret

Q:What do you like about the DS?
A: Two screens One with touch
Q: What do you not like about the DS?
A:Lack of graphics, dont play MP3 or MP4s
Q: What do you like about the PSP?
A: Everything...Wifi , MP3, MP4, photos, lots of games, graphics
Actually with a R4 cart you can have full WIFI use for the internet and what not, you can also play MP3 Video files and MP3 audio files and MP4 WAV and other video file formats. You can also look at your photo library and check RSS feeds. And this is all with one little R4 cartridge that is like 39.99 and a 7.99 micro SD memory stick. And you can also just put the DS games onto your R4 cart by pirating them, so really for about 40.00 $ you get every single game ever made for the DS. And you can also run emulators up to the sega genesis, but no farther.

codered

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Can't I just say DSP because in my opinion a think that they're both great.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
A: touch screen and the games that are for it
A: Nothing
A: Ability to play music and movies, the games for it
Q: What do you not like about the PSP?
A: Nothing
Q: Do you have both consoles?
A: I do indeed!
Q: Which console do you like better?
A: Both... I wish there was a thingy in the poll that would let me choose both
Q: Which console do you recommend?
A:Depends on your gaming preference!

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
A: Awesome multiplayer games
A: Not too good graphics
A: good graphics
A: not too wide of a good game selection
A: DS only
A: DS

RubixFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, Carer
The only good thing DS has going for it that the PSP doesn't have, is the touch screen... so far. You can play DS games on the psp though as well as other games systems so I go with the psp.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Not really. The PSP doesn't seem to have any good game in particular. It's more like a big black iPod/Cell Phone. Personally I'd rather buy a handheld to play games, but that's just me.

Siddy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
A: The most of games are one of kind and fry fun to play

A:the game cartridges are small, that i end up losing them, and the sticks as well

A:Nice brite wide screen, joystick, and able to watch a moives

A: alot of the games are just ports from its big brother

A: yes

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
MY TURN
Q: What do you like about the DS?
A: the ability to not break the touchscreen even when you strongly press the screen. the games I want for it. GBA slot, the ability to charge via USB.
A: no mp3/mp4/jpg/png/aac/wma playback capability ,no web browser supporting flash/java.
A: Multimedia heaven, web browser, large screen, excellent movies, skype, great games,
A: screen breaks easily in pocket, parts of it fall off, PS2 graphics, no games i want for it.
A: no, but im planning on getting the PSP 3000.
A: DS, even though i only have one game for it.

Last edited:

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
PSP, because with my M33 firmware, I can play DS and GBA games! =D

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
PSP, because with my M33 firmware, I can play DS and GBA games! =D
How do you play DS games that requires use of the touch screen. Games like "The World Ends With You". Also what about the NDS Guitar Hero?

Anyways I will admit the PSP custom firmware can do a lot of cool things (the best of which are illegal). Still the PSP was just designed badly. The screen glares even on a overcast day outside, the lack of a second analog stick the shape which hurts your hands on extended playing time and the battery that wears out fast due to the use of a disc spinning drive.

Also discs are cheaper to make then the chips required for DS games. Why do PSP games cost more then DS games or are at least the same price?

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
The excellent selection of games it has, as well as it's customize-ability. (color, cases, skins, even stylus colors!)
I hate the sound quality and the fact that it's maximum volume isn't very loud at all.
The fact that you can put your own music on it. <3
It's somewhat large and bulky design.
DS only. Played with a friend's PSP before, though.
DS.
I think both are decent, enjoyable consoles, but I recommend the DS over the PSP.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
What kills me about the DS is the ugly polyphonic tones. I mean, we aren't playing GameBoy here anymore, Nintendo!

And PSP IR remote is FAF!

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
The screen glares even on a overcast day outside
Nope, never been a problem for me.
the lack of a second analog stick
Not a loss when the games don't expect it to be there. One analog stick is better than none :p
the shape which hurts your hands on extended playing time
Your hands must be mutated or something. Its as comfortable as the Dual Shock for me, and that's accepted as the best controller ever made~
and the battery that wears out fast due to the use of a disc spinning drive.
When will I be away from a power socket in regular use, for longer than eight hours?
Also discs are cheaper to make then the chips required for DS games. Why do PSP games cost more then DS games or are at least the same price?
Because they're better games, more equivalent to full proper console games (See: MGS: PO and FF7: CC) and thus have generally more expensive development cycles.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Anyways I will admit the PSP custom firmware can do a lot of cool things (the best of which are illegal). Still the PSP was just designed badly. The screen glares even on a overcast day outside, the lack of a second analog stick the shape which hurts your hands on extended playing time and the battery that wears out fast due to the use of a disc spinning drive.
I'll agree with you on the shitty screen, hands down. while it doesn't glare on an overcast day, if I'm sitting in a car and it's sunny out, and want to play a dark game like Manhunt 2, I'm screwed. Other more bright games are fine, but anything with dark colours or levels are simply out. However, most of my PSP time is at night when I'm lying in bed, so all's good.

Second analogue stick is a stupid idea, though, I quite like the single analouge nub, and the shape of it doesn't cause my hands to cramp up either, but that's all personal preference.

As for the battery problem, I disagree. On a fully charged battery, *and* playing Monster Hunter Freedom 2 *with* the disc cache option on (Meaning the disk is almost constantly spinning), I get about 5 hours of battery life, and about 8 with the option turned off. The disc spinning isn't what drains the battery power the most, actually, it's how fast the CPU is running as well. Still, 6 - 8 hours of battery life is pretty good, I think. I get about 6 or 7, and I run most of my games off my memory stick, so... yeah.

I gotta admit, I'd love to get a DS someday. There's some god-awesome games I'd love to play on there.

I love both handhelds! *hugs Nintendo and Sony*

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Nope, never been a problem for me.

Not a loss when the games don't expect it to be there. One analog stick is better than none :p

Your hands must be mutated or something. Its as comfortable as the Dual Shock for me, and that's accepted as the best controller ever made~

When will I be away from a power socket in regular use, for longer than eight hours?

Because they're better games, more equivalent to full proper console games (See: MGS: PO and FF7: CC) and thus have generally more expensive development cycles.
Your screen must of had special anti-glare plastic/glass then. I played my PSP with madden 06 outside on a slightly rainy day and I could barely see the screen.

My hands aren't mutated. You have to curve your index fingers to reach the L and R buttons and they are needed to support the systems weight which is pretty heavy for a portable I think. This is where cramping comes up at.

Playing disc based media on the PSP does not at all last for even 5 hours with the lowest power settings. Playing stuff from the memoery card is WAY better then UMD's since it doesn't need to use its power to spin and read a disc.

MGS:pO is one of the best games on the PSP and I own it. It pulled itself off quite while and the only problems I have with it is caused by the PSP itself. The controls feel rather clunky to me but you do get used to them. Graphic wise the PSP trumps the Nintendo DS but I personally do not see many good games on the PSP at all. They are out there but even most of thoses don't fit into my gaming tastes.

The sad thing is I got rid of my Gamefly account since 25 dollars for maybe 3 games per month just wasn't worth it. It was the only way I was getting my PSP games. Also I know you can rip the PSP games to a memory card which I assume you do Sawaa. :smile1:

I would do it but last time i checked I couldn't downgrade my firmware and I updated it since I did not have high speed internet to download all the homebrew stuff.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
and the battery that wears out fast due to the use of a disc spinning drive.
*with* the disc cache option on (Meaning the disk is almost constantly spinning)
1.) Uhh? Not even close! When I want to play a game, it spins up once while starting, and after 20 seconds, nothing. Then, when a new map/track loads, it spins up for 5 seconds. It's never constantly spinning, AFAICT.

2.) True that! And, I have the 2200mAh battery, I charge not even on a weekly basis, it lasts forever.

3.) Uhhhhh? I do believe disk cache is when the disk gets read ahead of time and stored either in the MS or RAM, thus to save battery life...

Oh, and Firmware 5.00 M33-2 is here :D

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
3.) Uhhhhh? I do believe disk cache is when the disk gets read ahead of time and stored either in the MS or RAM, thus to save battery life...
Well, wrong wording, but it's an option in MHF2 that allows the game to constantly stream new areas from the disk, to reduce loading times.

MrSiltStrider

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I just own the DS, that's probably all I will own as far as hand-helds go.

A: Games, portability, build quality.
A: Many stores only seem to carry Brain Training rip-offs, licensed games, or games for young girls. A good deal of the games could have been done just as well on the GBA (I'm looking at you, Phoenix Wright, Advance Wars, and Harvest Moon). More of a general hand-helds gripe: games cost too damn much, most games cost about as much as a new release PC game while giving about half the value.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
1.) Uhh? Not even close! When I want to play a game, it spins up once while starting, and after 20 seconds, nothing. Then, when a new map/track loads, it spins up for 5 seconds. It's never constantly spinning, AFAICT.

2.) True that! And, I have the 2200mAh battery, I charge not even on a weekly basis, it lasts forever.

Oh, and Firmware 5.00 M33-2 is here :D
I never said it was constantly spinning but if the game was on a memory card compared to a UMD it would clearly take up less power. There are some PSP games that can be taken out after it loads and it can be put in other PSP's and it works for multi-player sometimes. I think Ridge Racer is like that and its pretty cool.

But when I played games like God Of War: CoO or Metal Gear Portable Ops those games need to load a lot.

The fact still remains that a memory card takes less power to read then a disc due to the motor and laser.

Status
Not open for further replies.