Drylife Slip XPlus

megaaaan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So the new XPlus slip has been out for a little bit, to those who have tried it, what do you think? Apparently it’s basically the Abena we all love.

How’s the sizing, absorbency, crinkliness etc? I’m a UK 16, would the medium or large be better?

Thanks! ❤️

Reactions: pokemonjesuzzz111111
Absolutely identical to the "original" Abena M4 in all aspects. I compared an original and the Drylife X-Plus side by side.

indiaperdl said:
Absolutely identical to the "original" Abena M4 in all aspects. I compared an original and the Drylife X-Plus side by side.

My waist is about 34-35” and my hips are about 43”, what size do you think would be best?

Reactions: pokemonjesuzzz111111
megaaaan said:
My waist is about 34-35” and my hips are about 43”, what size do you think would be best?

I’m the same size as you as I wear size large - they’re awesome nappies and adore wearing them!

They are indeed awesome nappies. I love them.

As a regular (almost nightly at the moment!) user I can vouch for the quality, size and absorbency being identical to the old L4.

Some ever so slight differences I have noted (bearing in mind the size, padding, thickness and performance is 100% identical):

1. The plastic is ever so slightly smoother (but not thinner). This might just be because the last of my old L4s had been subject to extremes of temperature stored in the attic over the Summer and Winter.

2. The tapes (while having the same size and reliability) are smooth, whereas the old L4s had a slightly mottled surface.

These are ever so slight differences that I didn’t notice at first.

They are not detrimental differences, however, and they still get 10/10 from me.

I still wake up wet nearly every time I wear one to bed, which is something which only rarely happens when wearing other brands.

Last edited:
bobbilly said:
They are indeed awesome nappies. I love them.
exciting!!

PCS said:
As a regular (almost nightly at the moment!) user I can vouch for the quality, size and absorbency being identical to the old L4.

Some ever so slight differences I have noted (bearing in mind the size, padding, thickness and performance is 100% identical):

1. The plastic is ever so slightly smoother (but not thinner). This might just be because the last of my old L4s had been subject to extremes of temperature stored in the attic over the Summer and Winter.

2. The tapes (while having the same size and reliability) are smooth, whereas the old L4s had a slightly mottled surface.

These are ever so slight differences that I didn’t notice at first.

They are not detrimental differences, however, and they still get 10/10 from me.

I still wake up wet nearly every time I wear one to bed, which is something which only rarely happens when wearing other brands.
wow they sound great, thank you!!

Slip92 said:
I’m the same size as you as I wear size large - they’re awesome nappies and adore wearing them!
i’ll probably get some of those! thank youu

Reactions: pokemonjesuzzz111111 and Dldel
megaaaan said:
i’ll probably get some of those! thank youu
Come back and let me know how they are please - I’m interested in them too :)

PCS said:

Wait, so there's a diaper out there that makes you wet while sleeping?! Sign me up!

lacutah said:
Wait, so there's a diaper out there that makes you wet while sleeping?! Sign me up!

If only it were that simple! :-D

I think it is just that over the years my body has come to trust the L4 in particular to the extent that I now often wake up wet without any memory of having woken up and wet it.

I’m not otherwise a bed wetter or incontinent. I just like wearing nappies! To wake up wet, but only when wearing, is my ideal- and I have reached it!

Are these supposed to be like the old X-Plus? (which was supposedly quite a bit superior to M4 and L4s that replaced it)

I never got to experience the X-Plus, but I did get to try out the M4 when I started Wearing Adult Diapers probably about 6 or 7 years ago

Last edited:
They’re just like the M4 and L4, not the old X-Plus from many years ago that had elasticated waists.

Just got some from Nappies R Us and they are literally the same diaper. They have the same print as the L4 Abena and even have L4 on then. Presumably the mediums have M4 on then. They're just repacked as Drylife.

Plastic feels smooth and soft. Wearing one now so will be able to share of they're as good as before shortly. First impressions are they seem to be ...

I wore one on a 3 hour train trip today and they are literally identical to the old ones apart from a minor difference on the tapes and a slightly higher SAP content. My front bulge was considerably more jelly-like than when I used to regularly wear the old ones!

Slip92 said:
I wore one on a 3 hour train trip today and they are literally identical to the old ones apart from a minor difference on the tapes and a slightly higher SAP content. My front bulge was considerably more jelly-like than when I used to regularly wear the old ones!
How did they last, were they bulky at the end of it, are they crinkly?

megaaaan said:
How did they last, were they bulky at the end of it, are they crinkly?

They lasted really well - I probably could have squeezed another couple of hours out of them,

They’re crinkly if you wear them with something loose over the top; I generally wear leggings or a snappy onesie over the top to support them which also suppresses the crinkle.

megaaaan said:

I would go for a large

Calico said:
I would go for a large
Yep, going to get some larges.

Back