Dry Direct Maxi diaper/brief, NOT underwear. ANYONE familiar? Are they any good?

CptKirk

Disabled veteran,"MOTORHEAD"PROFESSIONAL Mechanic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
No clue how but I wound up an an email list and they're promoting "Dry Direct" diapers & pull-up/underwear. I figure someone is making them for this company but being I never have heard of them I figured I' ask if anyone else here is familiar with them, what do they compare favorably to, do they have a PE or ***YUCK*** clothlike ***YUCK*** outer shell?
Not a huge deal, just curious!

Thanks everyone! Happy belated New Year! Sorry for the belated well wishes....I've been "down" (physically & mentally) for quite awhile and I "think" I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, at least it seems that way.

Cloth backed. Not great.

SoCalSwitch said:
Cloth backed. Not great.
I had a feeling they would be despite not seeing any of the information readily available. Won't even waste my time then. Thanks!

I think if I remember correctly they worked ok and better than some ofhers but honestly there are better options. Like if someone wanted cloth backed I honestly find Seni makes a great diaper and various levels and this one may surprise you but Medline Extended Wear are exactly the same as Egosan Maxi Diapers but cheaper and for the money they worked well. But as I mentioned above I personally would recommend Seni my only issue with them is packaging Quantity can be confusing I do wonder if it's done for certain markets so like often baby diapers do it like Huggies 6 at Target has 42 Walmart 48 Sams 74(not real numbers just example) so like Seni Super + comes 9,25,36,75 the only reason it's good is even though price per diaper is more I rather buy 9 to try vs 25. Aother cloth backed that really worked well but way overpriced is Attends Premier in size Large case & pack same @ $2.50/diaper

I also tried their boosters and everyone basically exploded even if not fully wet so every diaper change I would have Sap go everywhere which is super frustrating more so when your out.

But will say I contacted their customer service and they thought it was bad batch and sent me replacements but had same issue, but I did appreciate them doing that because I have had other companies tell me to shit in my hat if there was a product issue.

I found the Dry Direct pull-up and tab cloth diapers to be super comfortable.

Reactions: Bountiero
I have used egosan diapers and pull-ups and
Found them both above average for capacity and thickness. The new egosan x pull-up is terrible
When compared to the egosan maxi pullup. And brief. It won’t hold up to a flood, and leaked after1st wetting. Trying drydirect pull-up now
Initial thickness same as egosan pullup
Very wide between the legs when dry.
Handled 1st flood well swelled very quick.
To be continued.

Ive thought about trying them, coming up on another hot Georgia summer I'll need some decent cloth backed diapers... I guess I should see if samples are offered before committing to a bunch of diapers I may not like.

Have one on two floorings no leaks wearing vinyl pants over it it won’t take a third flooding
But for dribbles over time should hold quite abit
Wicking up the back right now should be a thirst pull-up if you don’t flood

They were pretty comfortable but the regular absorbency brief had an issue with the backsheet separating. They sent me another case but had the same problem. My wife sewed the problem area ( bless her) on her sewing machine, over a hundred diapers! That was over a year ago, maybe they fixed it by now.

KenworthW900b said:
rothpirate said:
They were pretty comfortable but the regular absorbency brief had an issue with the backsheet separating. They sent me another case but had the same problem. My wife sewed the problem area ( bless her) on her sewing machine, over a hundred diapers! That was over a year ago, maybe they fixed it by now.
2 floodinngs, 1 wetting and 1 messing no leaks vinyl pants over them.

KenworthW900b said:
Ive thought about trying them, coming up on another hot Georgia summer I'll need some decent cloth backed diapers... I guess I should see if samples are offered before committing to a bunch of diapers I may not like.

I decided to try a bag of the maxi and the super both with tabs. ( I don't do pull ups) they were reasonable enough to be worth trying... who knows, I may actually like them. I'm kinda hoping I do just because they are relatively inexpensive.

My first dry direct test ended.
Two floodings back to back, two slow releases
And1 messing..
Had vinyl pants cover.
By doing the floods first it provided a controled
Test of actual capacity. No leaks, then after second slow release for I sat slowly and no leaks.
If you did slow release first then flood it would
Probably leak or if you sat down fast it would probably leak.
Still hard to believe and pull up could hold that kind of capacity it definitely was sagging that’s for sure
I will buy these again and keep on with my testing and see if any of the activities I do to force a leak

The ones I ordered yesterday around 10am eastern time were delivered around lunchtime today so quick service for sure! I figured the dry direct being advertised as made in Italy they would be made by Santex but that does not appear to be the case as they differ from other santex brands. I will report back once I have actually tried one but just taking them out of the package and looking them over they look decent and well made enough for something cloth backed.

Last edited:
So I've been wearing these almost continuously for the last several days and I have to say for the price I like them and will continue to buy them. They fit well, are very comfortable, don't seep wetness like most cloth backed products do and the tapes actually hold up fairly well to the rigorous demands I put them through. I would not recommend wearing them without underwear or something similar over them because they would definitely sag and become uncomfortable if you did not. I don't think they would be great for abdl but for someone who is incontinent and looking for something that is budget friendly yet still of decent quality and absorbency these will not disappoint.

Reactions: Bountiero
Back