Dry 24/7 advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott476

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I bought a pack after using cases of ATN. I have had an issue with the tapes on every one. The tops tapes always pop after less then 20 mins, last time all 4 tapes poped while I was worjing on my car. I know they run large and ordered a medium after getting a sample of both small and medium with no issues. I think I am a size 30 waist as all my jeans are 32 and seem to fit too loose. Is this a sizing issue are is there an issue with the maker?

scott476 said:
I bought a pack after using cases of ATN. I have had an issue with the tapes on every one. The tops tapes always pop after less then 20 mins, last time all 4 tapes poped while I was worjing on my car. I know they run large and ordered a medium after getting a sample of both small and medium with no issues. I think I am a size 30 waist as all my jeans are 32 and seem to fit too loose. Is this a sizing issue are is there an issue with the maker?

I have the same size waist as you and still don't know which size I prefer. The small seemed to fit better from what I remember (slightly smaller than a normal medium) but the padding did not come up far enough in the front for my liking. The medium, while roomy, felt almost too big and loose without stuffers. I should note none of the tapes popped off while wearing the smalls (2 samples) but did on the medium (both samples). Though this is a common complaint with Dry24/7 (mainly mediums, I think..?), so I think it is a diaper flaw vs. size issue! The best advice I can give you is to use some clear packing tape (or colorful duct tape) over the diaper tapes to keep them in place!

I haven't had that problem very often with this diaper. If I do though, I end up using the second tape since it is layered, and that usually sticks the remainder of the time. As DLMunky said though, clear packing tape works really well. Seems like medium should have worked OK for you if I remember right.

My biggest problem with the Dry 24/7s was that they started sagging and literally fell off (with no tape failures) before they're full capacity was reached. I have to use the second chance tapes just to keep the fit snug enough after 6-8 hours of use.

I'm surprised at the surprise in this thread for tape failures. I'm not much of a 24/7 wearer but my friends who are often used duct tape preemptively when diapering up since they had no faith in those tapes.

I have had no tape issues with the latest batch of Dry 24/7's when I change while out, when at home I use Ducktape to keep my diaper more snug.

I either make sure to massage the tape down, and then it holds fine. You do have to put everything in the tapes favor, thought, you can't just slap it on with light pressure and expect it to hold. Or else I just use a (what I think) is mylar tape to hold it on.

I haven't had a single tape failure in this last batch. Wishkeybravo is right. You need to give the tape a chance. I make sure everything is smooth and taunt before putting the tape on. Then once I do I massage it a bit. Since I've been doing this I haven't even had a lower tape pop off which for me is a chronic issue regardless of what I'm wearing.

DLMunky said:
I have the same size waist as you and still don't know which size I prefer. The small seemed to fit better from what I remember (slightly smaller than a normal medium) but the padding did not come up far enough in the front for my liking. The medium, while roomy, felt almost too big and loose without stuffers. I should note none of the tapes popped off while wearing the smalls (2 samples) but did on the medium (both samples). Though this is a common complaint with Dry24/7 (mainly mediums, I think..?), so I think it is a diaper flaw vs. size issue! The best advice I can give you is to use some clear packing tape (or colorful duct tape) over the diaper tapes to keep them in place!

As a bed wetter with a 30 – 31 waist it’s much the same for me. Although they don’t fit as well as small, the mediums are less prone to leaking because the padding extends further up my front. Perhaps I should try large?!

If you are a 31" then a large would be way to big, when I first started to have night time wettings some one recommended I use a large Abena premium they were way to large and the dry 24/7's are a larger cut.

My leaks stopped for the mode part when I started to point down when I put my diaper on at night, I also use Ducktape to help keep they diaper snug. When you first start to point down its a bit uncomfortable but after a short while its no big deal

An over sized diaper will leak way more then a smaller proper fitting diaper

It seems these threads pop up after the sales happen. Maybe they are reducing the price for some defective tapes. Plus it does help to make sure you aren't making them too tight and the tapes are on a flat not wrinkly piece. I had a few pop off but it was because they were too tight or had wrinkles under the tape. The more wrinkles there are the less surface area the tape sticks to. Plus when the sales pop up and these threads follow it is a good idea on their part. Sell them cheaper si they can get the next lot in.

Rob110 said:
My leaks stopped for the mode part when I started to point down when I put my diaper on at night, I also use Ducktape to help keep they diaper snug. When you first start to point down its a bit uncomfortable but after a short while its no big deal

As you surmised pointing is my problem. Don’t know if it’s simply habit or something about my anatomy, but I find it difficult to sleep when pointed down. Suppose the market is too small, but wish someone made an overnight diaper with extra padding up high in the front for guys like me.

the first blue tapes aren't as sticky as the white ones. I am still wearing one from last night actually. They have elastic, and is the case with all diapers with front/back elastic, you can't crank on the tapes too hard. The continuous pull of the elastic will damge the tapes over time. You need to fit the tapes on the 24/7's looser.

If you find you prefer a diaper with tight tapes, switch to a diaper without front/back elastic. Northshore is a good alternative to Confidry if you want to lose the elastic.

You can also try removing the blue tape immediately and just use the white tape. Make sure your diaper is clean, don't let powder or oil onto the panel. Keep your fingers out of contract with the sticky part of the tape or the front where you are taping. (skin oil will transfer on contact) Tapes tend to pop soon after placing - once the adhesive "sets" it sticks better. You might want to "prep" your diapers by placing the tapes before pulling it on like a pull-up. (if you can't manage to pull it up because it's too tight, you are doing the tapes too tight!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back