Drunk Bedwetting

Status
Not open for further replies.

D3V

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Hi, everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster.

Gay 29/M. Late in college I randomly started wetting the bed whenever I would consume a lot of alcohol (going to bed very buzzed or drunk). I started secretly wearing diapers and kept it hidden pretty well. A few years and a few mornings waking up dry and my drunk wetting seemed to have stopped.

About two years ago it started again, but I was single so I didn’t care. I have less drunken nights now than when I was in college, but you know how it goes- out with friends, feeling good, and you drink a little more than intended. But now my boyfriend has moved in (with a new bed no less) and I haven’t told him about my issue as we haven’t had a real drunken night together. I’m cautious of my consumption and stop drinking at a certain point in the night, which detracts from the fun as 1.) the anxiousness that comes with having to keep tabs on my consumption or risk wetting the bed 2.) my friends are all on a different drunken level and that’s no fun sober and kind of detracts from my being social in certain situations.

How do I tell him? Do I wait until a drunken night occurs and then tell him before bed? Do I just risk it and if I have a dry night wait to tell him when/if I do wet the bed?

You might just want to tell him now and not hide it.

It's far better e find out now, than when you wet the bed or he finds your diapers .

Last edited:
Reactions: LilxFawn, littledreamers333 and Ron89
Definitely tell him before you wet his new bed.
You could also take a proactive approach and buy a fitted protector for the mattress and when he asks why, bring it up then that you sometimes pee when asleep after drinking too much. You can broach the subject of wearing diapers as a precaution if it feels right at the time.
He'll likely appreciate it you told him and probably wants you as drunk as himself and not holding back for a 'just in case' scenario.

Reactions: FudgedInLuvs and LilxFawn
Buy a good Mattress protector now before you have an accident and let him know you have an issue once in a while, its one thing to have your first unexpected accident but if its a known issue then there is no excuse for damaging a new Mattress how do you explain something that could have been avoided.

He should understand and will probably be happy you confided with him and were proactive in protecting the mattress :)

You really should be straight forward with him. In all of my relationships I've made it a point to lay all the cards on the table about bedwetting etc. So far it hasn't come up as an issue.

Better you tell him rather than waking him up to change the sheets.

Reactions: Fiammaverde
i couldnt have said it better, no sense in ruining a new matrace, see if he would be into the diaper thing, and warn about the problem drinking, or if needed, just bring up the wetting, and mention the diapers too, just as a simple precaution, who knows he may be ok with it.

Reactions: Liltommy2007
KitsuneFox said:
You might just want to tell him now and not hide it.

It's far better e find out now, than when you wet the bed or he finds your diapers .
I totally agree

a protected bed is a fun bed , diapered at night may still lead to leaks , un-diapered and a bed wetting is not really a bad thing if the mattress is well protected.

Back in my drinking days I would often wet the bed (usually on purpose) , always told my wife it was due to drinking , stopped drinking when I was 30 so now whenever I wet the bed I cannot use drinking as the reason , I like to wet the bed it is simple as that , now at 65 I am diapered every night , wet every morning and bed is very well padded and protected

Well, firstly you really shouldn't be drinking till you're buzzed or drunk. It's proven really bad for your health, so you're holding back is actually a good thing. Secondly, I agree with the others. Don't wait to tell him, and do get a decent mattress protector.

Well thankfully your almost 30 and drinking tends to be greatly reduced in the next couple of years, so the social situation might fix itself. I use to go out all the time in my 20's, stay out till the 3am, sometimes till the sun rises, now at 34 just the thought of that makes me feel hungover, I don't even like going out past 10pm on weekend. As far as diapers, be honest and open, explain the situation and you should be good to go.

Reactions: chamberpot
well good think about wearing diapers and drinking at least you dont have to worry about wetting or messing yourself

I’m very similar and I’m not going to lie this has led to relationship problems in the past. Either from not making it home in time from the night out before wetting my pants. Or wetting the bed.

In my experience total honesty is the best approach Explain that you have a tendency to wet the bed once you get to a certain drunkenness but you manage it with diapers / a bed protector. If he’s totally not cool with it or difficult then it probably means he’s not right.

Good luck!

Thank you everyone for your input!

I sweat when I sleep, so when we got new sheets I suggested a water proof mattress pad. He knows I sweat, I turn into a furnace at night which has its own pros and cons.

Later we were texting and I brought up the subject. He asked a few questions including if that’s why I don’t drink a lot when we go out and whether it’s an emotional or biological issue. The more I think about it the more I think it’s both. Anyway, he was very supportive and wants me to enjoy myself when we’re out.

Now I’m in new territory with the secret being out I’m equally relieved and nervous for that first drunken night with him. Trying not to think so much about it and just enjoy myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Liltommy2007 and FudgedInLuvs
Glad it turned out well!

Reactions: D3V
I peed the bed while drunk many many times in my late tenes and early 20's

Reactions: chamberpot
First and foremost honesty is always the best policy, you will need a mattress protector and possibly a waterproof washable bed pad as well, but the main thing is going to be cutting down on the amount of alcohol you drink. And I'm not judging you i had my run in with Alcohol when I was in the UK forces, I'm no longer touch alcohol. this is a UK link to how many units of alcohol you should drink in a week and lower down the page is a list of common drinks and how many units of alcohol they are. you should aim for 14 units or less spread over 7 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back