Suggestion Drop age to 15 (and have separate forum for them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merendin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I know this is topic that has probably been beat to death and legal liability and stuff but I think we should have policy to allow 15+ teens in our forum.

15+ is the age when people start getting increasingly sexual, and due to hormones also depressed. Teens are having very hard time coping with their sexuality when it comes to something as strange as diapers.

I've been a member before age restrictions came in place, I think I was 16-17 when I joined, don't remember accurately. Adisc was first place I was able to share my experiences in and where I despite my age felt welcome and part of, adisc encouraged me to buy diapers when I needed little nudge, adisc helped me with my feelings. It was like another family.

Now I understand the problem that comes with allowing youth in our forums, who is legally responsible if something happens etc etc. So I'm suggesting following. Make heavily moderated subforum for minors and make it so minors can't post elsewhere and prohibit reading forums they didn't have access to as guest. Minors forum could be prohibited for posting only by people under 18 and maybe some handpicked people who have proven their trustworthiness, the posting rights would be revoked on first strike to keep teenagers safe.

I think above would be best of both worlds, adisc mods have proven their skills in reality checking so people under 18 can't access here so I trust they could keep people over 18 away from teen forums as well.
Teenagers are one group who needs the support and we as a support group should help all in need, if it's not us they find some other place that might be new d*****ker (not giving that guy any more publicity, for those who don't know he held diaper site with very creepy stories involving minors, there were also rumoured connections to pedophilia etc. You get the point)

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I agree they need support and it troubles me that we can't provide it. It was a strong motivation for my activity on this site as a staff member and I've had to realign my expectations to continue following my resignation. Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything to make me think that there is a reasonable, strongly defensible position for such support in the current legal climate. Although I am not a lawyer, experience here and elsewhere tells me the real risk is probably quite low but the potential risk (public embarassment) is considerably higher if something goes substantially awry. A site owner has to balance that risk and those with something to lose will be understandably averse.

Variations on the theme you have suggested have been considered at length, so I don't hold out much hope of a substantial change.

rennecfox

I'm done...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I don't think this happening would be a good idea, theres a whole legal can of worms this would be opening up. I also don't think the administration is going to change it back to this on a whim.... they changed it to 18 for a reason.

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
Moo is going to leave his site to an 18+ site because of classified reasons (that would probably get my post modified)

PaddedPuma

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
I feel very strongly against lowering the age. There are other support forums out there for teens. this could open up a huge can of legal issues.
If a parent found out there underage child was on an adult forum, discussing a taboo subject. There would be a massive witch hunt.
Lets leave this topic alone please?

DiaperedBedwetter1998

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Well, there's the off topic section where there's topics like tv shows, video games, music, anime and other awesome stuff. So I guess that's were users under 18 should be at. I'm not too sure. But, that's just me.

Last edited:

Fruitkitty

ADISC Content Editor
Staff
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
To make a really long story really short, this is a nonstarter.

Today, I would point teens in the direction of Scarleteen. I would also point out that their fundraising budget and resources are orders of magnitude larger than ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.