Driving to HS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
What percentage would say there is at your school that people(who are legally allowed to) drive to school? At mine I would say about 98% of them do.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Can't remeber, just know that the parking lot was always full.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Out of the Juniors and Seniors, I'd say at least half.

Talula

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Haha... like maybe 5 out of the entire school who did it regularly.

It's cheaper to catch the bus, and it's more convenient, and you can;t get a driving liscense until you're 17 here.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
  2. Other
Freshman: 0%
Sophomores: 5%
Juniors: 75%
Seniors: 90%

Anon E. Mouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I never bothered. Still don't have a car. I guess like 12% of the people I knew drove to school. Now I'm in college...about the same percent actually. Lol. We all do the bus.

Spiro910

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
Interesting thing... When I was in jr. high (16 is minimum for license over here, and 15 for a permit that allows you to drive 8am to 8pm) everyone drove to school (bout 90%), but when I switched to high school, about 35% drove. Now that i'm in medschool, I still say that about 35% drive to school. I attribute the higher number in jr. high to me being in a private / expensive school where there were a lot of rich kids. I need to get a car :/ lol

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
When I went to school there were very few students with cars, mainly it was just the gearheads like myself that owned cars, I think there were about 6 guys with there own cars, but sometimes on friday some guys would show up with the family car, but not many.

I drove a 55 oldsmobile 88 convertible, light blue with a white top, I had one guy that would catch a ride home from school everyday, he would reach under the car and remove the caps from the exhaust cutouts for the ride to his house, then he would put them back on when I got to his place, a real noise junkie......

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]I'd say until last year, it was around 50% of those who could drive did which was only about 20 people, as minimum driving age unaccompanied is 18 here, so only some of the 6th years were able. You need to be 17 to get a provisional license here, but you need a full licensed with you at all times if you have one. To get a full license, you need at least a year's provisional license.

However, last year, the school stopped allowing students to park in the school grounds, so I'd say the number has gone down to 20/30% of those legally allowed.[/font]

briefboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
When I was in HS almost everyone who was able to drive, drove. The parking lot was pretty much always full.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I was going to say that it's ridiculous to drive to high school, until I just realised that I actually drove to college (=junior/senior high school) quite a lot. :p

Although in my case, I only got a full licence just before college ended so in my defence I drove there as practice.
Parking would have been crazy at college.

Not to mention that taking the bus is greener than driving there, if you care about that stuff.

bobbyjeff

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I drove more in high school than in college. My hometown was rural so the bus was not a good option, but once I got to college and had access to free mass transit my car stayed parked for weeks at a time.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I was going to say that it's ridiculous to drive to high school, until I just realised that I actually drove to college (=junior/senior high school) quite a lot. :p

No way! I was going to say that I liked loud music, but then realized I was listening to quiet music!

I've driven myself to school since the second semester of Sophomore Year, but I don't think that many people are like me. I've never crashed or anything close, though so my parents are pretty trusting of my driving skills.

To actually answer the question, I'd say about the same as what mm3 listed.

AnonKiba

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
lol at my school (most are rich A-hole's you get every thing they want) nearly every one as soon as they get a license they get a car and drive to school. i drive to school to but alot of time i have to go straight to work. (XD i probably shouldn't tho i have crashed my car to many times)

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'd say probably about 90% of the guys and about 60% of the girls drove in, though of course I'm referring to Junior's and Seniors only. Senior year, I can't really think of any guy I knew that didn't have a car, and I mean their own car, not "borrowing the family's car."

It seemed like there were generally three "classes" of people, the wealthy, whose parent's bought them their own new car - seriously, there was one kid who drove an Acura NSX (it was subsequently keyed, lol), a few in benzes, a few Audi's, I know one kid had a jag. Then there were the regular people like myself, who generally got the old family "hand me down" My dad was nice enough not to trade in his old car when he got a new one and gave it to me, though it was practically worthless in trade in, so it was worth keeping around anyway. However, even though it had practically no power, was starting to rust and emitted awful clanking sounds under hard acceleration I still loved it. And then there were the kids who had to get their own, and they generally had the generic $500 beater car.

I can also say that most everyone who drove in also brought in others. I generally always had a full car. My kid brother, who was also in the same high school rode with me, I would also pick up whichever girl I was seeing at the time, and usually two (or sometimes three - do the math, doesn't quite fit in a 5 passenger sedan) of my brother's friends, since they weren't of driving age, and they were neighbors.

I don't really know what they did for the way home, since there was a good reason that I drove in, I did work after school, so I would have to go to work after school, or some days I had practice or team meets, so I'd drive to those too.

But yeah, the parking lot's were ALWAYS FULL, and the residential streets around the school were always full of student's cars. There wasn't much parking, so we kind of had to find our own around school.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
At the school I went to it was always zero percent, about 25% of the kids lived in group homes though.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
  4. Private
When I went ot HS, all of the kids that had cars drove.

Altric

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
In my school, driving to school was reserved as a senior privilege. I know that of my graduating class, I was one of the few who did not drive to school. The main reason for me was I did not even get my learner's permit until the day after I graduated.

Status
Not open for further replies.