Drag Me to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScubaSteve

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
So is anyone as excited about this movie as I am. This movie just looks amazing. I love Sam Raimi and it looks like he is going back to his Evil Dead roots in this movie.

This movie also has a 95% Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes which is amazing for any movie let alone a PG-13 horror movie.

Another plus*
It isn't an American remake of a Japaneses horror movie! Which means no "scary" children.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I don't know what to think but it does look interesting.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Saw the trailer for it and concluded that it would either be good or terrible.

I want to see it, although I know I won't.

satyrical

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Definitely want to see it. Raimi is great at horror movies, and it the movie looks like everything the Evil Dead was.

And if you haven't seen Evil Dead, do it. You will never look at trees the same way again.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I'm interested in seeing it, although I can't get over the "You won't give me an extension on my mortgage? Well you can burn in Hell for eternity" plot.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I'm interested in seeing it, although I can't get over the "You won't give me an extension on my mortgage? Well you can burn in Hell for eternity" plot.

yeah, basicaly this movie teaches us that if you do your job properly you'll be cursed by some old gypsy woman.

ScubaSteve

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
yeah, basicaly this movie teaches us that if you do your job properly you'll be cursed by some old gypsy woman.

But that is just the thing. She is a decent person just trying to make her way in the world. When she does something for her self she has all this shit happen to her. Sam Raimi tried to create a character you can relate to. I mean what are most horror movies now. Slutty teenagers doing stupid shit to get themselves killed or remakes of movies made in the 70's.

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Carer
Directed by Sam Raimi? I'm in and definitely excited. I loved the Evil Dead trilogy, especially Army of Darkness. Campy awesomeness at its best.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Saw the trailer for it and concluded that it would either be good or terrible.

I want to see it, although I know I won't.

Your wrong it's either good or good.

It's Sam Rami so even if it sucks ass it's still so bad it's good, such as the evil dead movies. Anyways I haven't seen it but I heard the plot on Wikipedia and it sounds pretty fun.

one of the awesome part's from Evil Dead 2 is a girl getting raped by a tree. :p

"Groovy"

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Of course we've had the cursed by an old gypsy plot before in Stephen King's "Thinner". I liked Thinner until the end. He always kills off the one you love! Maybe not always, but often the main character dies, or the love interest of the main character. Anyway, I will definitely see "Drag Me to Hell" even if it's bad. I mean really, what the hell!

ScubaSteve

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
The movie was amazing. Like the ladies on The View, I was screaming and laughing the whole time.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
It was not what I was expecting. Based on reviews and the percentage on Rotten Tomatoes, I was expecting a good movie. It was just okay. The special effects looked incredibly fake, and after the umpteenth time the gypsy lady came out, I was just waiting for the main girl to hurry up and die. The main girl is very attractive though :smile1:

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Don't suck Sam Raimi off too much yet, guys -- have you seen Boogeyman?

Triscuit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
i have to say, i LOVED the film.
i very rarely go to the movies, but i made plans to see this the weekend it opened.
in the end, i felt it more of a black comedy than a horror film, but i'm sure someone would argue me on that.
as Pojo said, the effects had somewhat of a 'plain Jane' feel (i wouldn't classify them as so much 'fake'), but that added to the movie's charm i think.
the MAIN reason i adored the film was .... the score. if you're the type that feels the nuances throughout the score help elevate the movie experience, then you're in for a treat. go see it!!!

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
as Pojo said, the effects had somewhat of a 'plain Jane' feel (i wouldn't classify them as so much 'fake'), but that added to the movie's charm i think.

No. They looked fake. They looked like they were obviously animated when next to the people.

Triscuit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
No. They looked fake. They looked like they were obviously animated when next to the people.

haha!!!
i loved it, though! what can you do, it's CGI! i can't believe you didn't like the movie..

Last edited:

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
haha!!!
i loved it, though! what can you do, it's CGI! i can't believe you didn't like the movie..

I thought it was an okay movie, it just didn't live up to good reviews I've seen. I know it's CGI, and I've seen plenty of movies with realistic looking things using it. This movie just did not have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.