Dr. Pepper Ten

Status
Not open for further replies.

WBDaddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
... So, they can do something to men but if they do it to women it's sexist? Hypocritical much?

What I was thinking.

We're so inundated with commercials making men out to be complete idiots and helpless buffoons while their wives save the day with (insert product here) we don't bat an eyelash at it, but turnabout isn't fair play?

jamie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Not in the slightest is this advert sexist, its a product desighned to sell to men !!! Its nothing more than direct advertising of masculinty to suggest only real Men want, simple marketing they could have done a lot more on that in the uk ! notice the connection with rambo or action man, Or even the first Quote of the add, You women arent enjoying it, would a guy enjoy a celery and carrot smoothie whilst being waxed and having a manicure !!

MArketing !!

JessycaNekoGirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Incontinent
  7. Other
  8. Private
So who else finds the commercial sexist and inappropriate? I know it just can't be me. In all honesty, I'm never buying another Dr. Pepper product again. I even left a nasty post on their Facebook wall.

My mom says that there's obviously a bunch of insensitive guys who work in Dr. Pepper. I seriously doubt a woman would let them do that. But then again, being the sexist douchebags they are, they wouldn't listen to her anyway.

In case you haven't seen the most sexist commercial in history, here it is:

[video=youtube;3iuG1OpnHP8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iuG1OpnHP8[/video]

Okay, it is being sarcastic, it is a spoof, of all guy movies. Please chill. It could be sexist, but I doubt that was their intent. They just meant to say it has all the taste and less calories, unlike Coke zero or the others that taste nothing like the normal stuff.
It is meant to be a joke.
It can be taken as sexist but isn't meant to be.
I'm TG and a sissy. I thought it was stupid, not sexist. just saying.

wilddog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
after watching the comersial, i cpouldn't help but laugh!

*guy runs trough the forest carying a ugly laser gun*
"hi lady's"

i mean come on!

but after watching it again, i think tthere might actualy be a lot of psycology involved.
everything the guy sais is aimed at wimen, posbly because of the assumption wimen do most shoping (sexist indeed, i agree).
and then it is either aimed at perswaying them to buy it for their man (again, sexist indeed) or, with the it is not for wimen part, do some reverse psycology to get wimen thinking:
"the hell with that i am gona drink that stuff"

but all in all, yes, verry sexist.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
It seems like they're trying to copy the Old Spice commercials, but failing like most other ad companies do. The only reason I'd buy it is for the lesser calories and not the commercial.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Anyone seen Conan the Barbarian? Starred the ever famous Arnold Schwarzenegger.... I liked it, and it was funny to watch it recently cuz it's so super cheesy, and hard to take too seriously. That's kind of like this Dr. Pepper ad, at least to me :)

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
... So, they can do something to men but if they do it to women it's sexist? Hypocritical much?

I meant if they were running to sexist commercials at the same time, one against men, one against women. No it would be just as bad if they were targeting just men in their sexism. Sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.