Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I want a fast download speed so that why I have high speed internet :D

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
it depends on what's being downloaded. If it's a flash movie or mp3, yes, I'd like it done within a minute or so. But if it's a long video, or an anime series, or a pirated game, I can certainly expect it to take up to two weeks to finish by torrenting.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Currently with an SNR of 9dB I can get a 15Mb sync, real world speed is about 12Mb/s.

With an SNR of 7 I can sometimes achieve about 19Mb/s, with real world speed being around 14-15Mb/s.

My downstream/upstream attenuation is 29.0dB and 13.5dB respectively with an average noise margin of 11.8/14.2dB respectively.

I am about 1.6km from the exchange. Basically, it's quick enough.

Ideally, I would like a faster connection, but with the government doing huge back flips on their election promise, it's highly unlikely that it will happen anytime soon.

It is a well known fact that technology wise, Australia is about 15 years behind the rest of the world, and broadband wise, we're about 10 years behind Europe. The proposed but unlikely-to-happen Fiber To The Node scheme is technology that is long outdated.

"World class broadband" my ass, Rudd.

Coyote_Howl

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, , Carer
i want the fastest downloads i can get, course i can't afford to pay the monthly cost for the fastest downloads i can get

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Who wouldn't want something downloaded quickly...The question is a failure

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
The question should be what is your download/upload speeds. Mine is like 3.5 MB's download per second and upload is around 550 KB's per second.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
The question should be what is your download/upload speeds. Mine is like 3.5 MB's download per second and upload is around 550 KB's per second.

Well if it's that, then there is already a thread for that...

Klokwork

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
**** downloading things, the internet is made of Satan. I don't want the Satan beams attacking my shiny computomo-box.

BEARSTRONAAAAUTS!

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
As slow as possible. I have nothing better to do than sit around and stare at my computer that takes an hour to download one song.
/ sarcasm

>__>

DotDotDot

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
My college internet is pretty fast. I have pulled 30mbps on a download test before! That felt great. Home is usually around 7mbps.

But i get annoyed when a download takes a loooooong time. For some reason even moreso when the slowness is because of a slow connection on THEIR end ... more so when it is a commercial site!

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
My roomate really likes his download speed. We have two 25Mb download connections for a total of 50Mb down. If it were up to me we'd only have one 10Mb down connection. He pays most of the bill, so whatever. I only pay about half of what a 10Mb connection would cost, he pays the rest. I like the speed we get, faster the better, but it's not worth the money he's paying. The internet bill here is about $185CAD a month, I pay $25 of it.

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
What does he do with it all?
He is addicted to downloading. He will download anything and everything he can find whether he wants it or not. Apparently it might come in handy some day, though it never does.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Im downloading a..... ....file...
It started out at 300 Kb/s I was like "hells yeah!" the ratio of S/L was like 30/10 then I came back a few hours later it was 22/94 with 0.2 Kb/s I was pissed, I already had half of this 7 gig file! Last night I left it at 51.67% this morning it was at 58.84% WTF!!!!

Is usenext really faster? Because I know torrentreactor has a usenext feature for every torrent (if you belong to it).

I have 30 Mbps at my house, but I loose a lot of it to my bad wifi connection. I only get 22-24 Mbps with wifi. (I'm looking for a cheap few hundred foot ethernet cable (if anyone knows where to get one))

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
He is addicted to downloading. He will download anything and everything he can find whether he wants it or not. Apparently it might come in handy some day, though it never does.
Yes I am addicted to downloading, on Vuze it tales longer to see a preview than download it.
Im downloading a..... ....file...
It started out at 300 Kb/s I was like "hells yeah!" the ratio of S/L was like 30/10 then I came back a few hours later it was 22/94 with 0.2 Kb/s I was pissed, I already had half of this 7 gig file! Last night I left it at 51.67% this morning it was at 58.84% WTF!!!!

Is usenext really faster? Because I know torrentreactor has a usenext feature for every torrent (if you belong to it).

I have 30 Mbps at my house, but I loose a lot of it to my bad wifi connection. I only get 22-24 Mbps with wifi. (I'm looking for a cheap few hundred foot ethernet cable (if anyone knows where to get one))
Yeah that happens to me, a torrent will download very fast, and then slow to a crawl, and Im like WTF!?!

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
poll said:
FAST, i WANT the usenext. DSL-TOP-SPEED
Betagame, I don't want to look like I'm bashing you any more than the next guy, but two things you need to know:

• UseNeXT is a (proprietary, closed-source) Usenet client. Nobody really uses Usenet a lot anymore except for Google Groups.
  • DSL is about the slowest broadband technology you can get. The current de facto standard for fast connections is fiber optic links directly to a tier-1 provider.

Thus you're really making yourself look bad to the people here that have been around on the Internet longer than you have. No offence, but you're making yourself look like you know very little. I'd be glad to help you gain some ground and credibility around here if you'll respond to the e-mails sent out by various members on here offering help.

--Danny :ninja:

B

Butterfly Mage

I have a wireless data card for my laptop. It tends to connect in three different speeds as far as I can tell. On a good day, it'll do a bit over 500 kbps (full 3G). Usually it does 256-385kbps (UMTS -- tolerable). Sometimes it grabs a crummy EDGE or GPRS channel that goes at 80-115kbps.

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
Nobody really uses Usenet a lot anymore except for Google Groups.
Uh. Sure. If you say so! It's not like it's pretty much the fastest, easiest, most secure and reliable method of mass downloading or anything :3

[*]DSL is about the slowest broadband technology you can get. The current de facto standard for fast connections is fiber optic links directly to a tier-1 provider.
Yup, 24Mbit sure is slow. Much slower than most peoples 3Mbit cable :X

Status
Not open for further replies.