Down Time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Was I the only one who couldn't get on all day yesterday? I tried a few times, at different times and couldn't get on until just now.

Also... on the main page the flash chat part is messed up. It doesn't show like it normally does, it has the little picture, then an active link to "http://www.adisc.org/"

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Yeah, I couldn't get on this morning either.

I'm not sure what the deal is with the flashchat being messed up, probably a bug or something... It'll probably get fixed soon.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I got on yesterday around 8pm and I tried later on and the page would not load, same thing this morning around 10am, I just got on about 1pm.

Probably a server problem....but it seems ok now although a little slower....B

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I didn't try to get on yesterday... was too busy working on my car. But I did notice that we were down this morning for a bit.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Samehere, I was able to get on around 10 pm last night but after that I couldnt get on until now.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
I haven't really noticed anything.. I thought the link at the top was odd, but I attributed it to the apparent site update. I haven't made more than a few posts the last week, so I haven't been on enough to notice the down time.

When exams are over, I will be happy..

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Moo still isn't in IRC so... That;s also a program that runs on the server so that might also be the reason that Flashchat isn't working as IIRC the server backend is also a program.

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I've been having trouble today, but not yesterday. But it seems all systems are go now.

F

FullMetal

For everyone who is having trouble getting into the Flash Chat, the bar that told you who was on is not the only way to get on. All the way at the top of the page is a drop down menu that says 'Live Chats' Click that and go to the flash chat option.

Moo is doing some remodeling so that would account for the flash and for the downtime, I am sure he will have it all fixed soon.

FullMetal

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
A few times yesterday I got the "server is too busy" message, but I was able to enter a few minutes after that. Maybe your computer/connection wasn't able to connect to the server because of how busy it was or something.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well I don't know about here, but on another forum I post on (non *B/DL related), there was a virus, and the site was down for a while...I don't know if the same thing happened here...But last night I found that this site wouldn't load at all...But I was able to go on before about 9ish EST

D

daria7483

Weird. I haven't had any issues at all lately, at least not any that I couldn't blame on my crappy router.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I wonder if something is getting ready to crash again, or is getting near the overload point? Every other page change I'm doing right now I get a Database Error message and have to refresh to bring the page back. Didn't have this happening earlier this evening.

~Pramrider

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I got a "server is too busy" message like 45 mins ago, so it might crash again if we get too many people on here at once.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I just reconfigured the server a bit, hence why you were getting errors.
The server should be serving up pages about 20% faster now.
It should also not run out of memory, as was happening previously.

E

Error404

Just how many connections were we getting? Was it definately just normal users?

4Chan and what not are known for setting up DDoS attacks against TB/AB/DL sites, if the connections were massive and frequent, then that would point more directly to an actual attack on the server to saturate it (which, if an attack) apparently succeeded.

If you've had to up the load to cater for normal users (if such is the case), what measure are we using to protect against an actual attack?

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
yeah, i was going to ask the same thing. were they actual connections to the server or was it an attack? have we had a sudden increase of users recently?
sorry about all the questions, but i'm not on the business side of things. hopefully this won't tax you too much moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.