Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I have decided to double diaper myself at bedtime, so my diaper won't need changing or leak during the night because I find I get up in the night sometimes and pee in it but before I have a chance to change it, I fall asleep again, I wake up in the morning and leak as a result.

I have trouble sleeping sometimes so I think the extra bulk make it easier for to sleep as I know my diaper will protect my bed and pyjamas and it is a security feeling even if I don't max out. I think it will also help me bed wet as I have more security feeling.

I am thinking of poking holes in the bottom of one of my diapers (the one that is going to be inside the other one) so it will go in my other diaper and will stop or prevent leaks from happening.

Should I do this any other way?, has anybody found it easier to bed wet with extra padding? Does it smooth you to sleep to be double diapered?

i know this jumps into the old disposables vs cloth .. but, in truth the best way to avoid leaks in bed is using cloth diapers and plastic panties. Disposables just do not have enough material up and around the leg, which (at least for me) is where i leak from when i am asleep.

I've worn cloth over disposables and plastic pants. Disposables can hold a lot, but cloth is the best at wicking. However, a booster inside a good ABU disposable diaper is usually enough for me along with plastic pants. Goodnites Trufit inserts make one hell of a good booster pad, they hold a good amount and swell nicely.

I wet on my back when I first get up, to be honest I havn't tried wetting on my side yet, that on my diapers to do list.

If just laying down i too usually wet while on my back, but i move about a bit when i sleep, so that's why i leak from the legs i guess

Hope you find a good solution. Can you dont swish diaper and see if something else work better?

Most leaks happen more with side sleepers in disposable's

I tried side wetting double diapered and it was fine, it works perfectly plus it feels nice!

I'm not sure double-diapering at night is neccesarily the best way to stay protected. Perhaps you could find a thicker brand for night time, use a booster pad or get some absorbent bed pads. You'll still leak if you do the last one of course but your bed will be fine. Whatever you do, make an effort to make sure you have a good fit. It won't hurt and it might help a lot.

I find a tena overnight pad as a stuffer with some holes in it work for me inside the main diaper and almost triple the capacity. you can also use the Walmart or Target generics and get a nice improvement in absorbency too. Double diapering on the other often results in some leg hole leaks and I only really use it with tape rips and not without some wing amputations and slashes.

I used to, but found the outer contributed little for all the extra effort and bulk. Having switched to one good nappy with one or two boosters, I was able to concentrate more on improving fit than with two nappies. Sleeping mainly on my back, I've never really had trouble with side leaks anyway. After a very wet night the nappy might leak at the back of the waistband but with high waist plastic pants with enclosed elastics. there's a noticeable warning before the bed gets wet. I also put a small pad between the nappy and pants to absorb moisture accumulated from wicking and evaporation, so any feeling of wetness around the waistband indicates an impending leak. If I wanted extra capacity I might explore doubling up again but I really can't justify it based on my current success rate.

I used to buy these:

sop_1.jpg

and cut slits in the back of the padding. Then put it in the disposable I was wearing and voilà! It usually lasts me most of the night :)

I can not get it done properly somehow. How much slits do u guys cut and most important: where? many short cuts or just 2 or 3 long ones? what works best?

I find an Abena Abri-Let Maxi booster does the trick for me.

Legis said:
I can not get it done properly somehow. How much slits do u guys cut and most important: where? many short cuts or just 2 or 3 long ones? what works best?

I usually find a number of small cuts is best. You don't want the cuts to be big enough for a lot of material to get through. In fact, some people use some type of instrument (I forget what it is called) to make many small round holes.

I tend to put more toward the front and bottom of the diaper but I also put small in the rear.

ok, then I'll try that next time. Thx :)

Legis said:

If there's adhesive I usually cut long strips in the middle of the adhesive, so when it's sticking to the inside the stuffing doesn't come out. :) The thing you use to cut has to be really sharp or it sticks to the adhesive.
If it doesn't work well like that, usually small cuts work!

I used to double diaper a bunch but honestly I have found it quite impractical and expensive compared to a regular booster, you should try that (I still double diaper sometimes but definitely not for practicality reasons

- - - Updated - - -

I used to double diaper a bunch but honestly I have found it quite impractical and expensive compared to a regular booster, you should try that (I still double diaper sometimes but definitely not for practicality reasons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back