dos image

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover,
ok, i have been looking for an hour or so (i am no noob to searching BTW) and i still cannot find a DOS image, i have gotten 2 boot disks, both of which dont seem to quite do the job

i am an old hardware freak, my current project is getting an OS on a compaq slt 286 laptop, thats where this problem is coming from, this thing was way ahead of its time! it only has a 3.5 floppy so i cant use my 5.25 floppys!

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover,
will it run on a 286 with 2mb ram and a 41mb hdd?

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
will it run on a 286 with 2mb ram and a 41mb hdd?

xD

xD

Er...no... :wallbash:

Why are you messing with DOS anyways?

I mean there really is nothing good coming from it

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
there are sites that you can download dos disk images from...it's probably still considered pirating, but hey it's not like you can buy it new anyway :p

I remember finding some sites back in the day when I was getting an old 486 back up and running with dos6.22 and win3.11 - which kicked serious *ss by the way :D

you can try this link: http://www.vetusware.com/output/uzskwjuq/DOS.622.rar

but I haven't tried it, so I can't guarantee it isn't a virus or something, I just found it on ze google.

EDIT: if you have MSDN subscription or know anyone who does, you can get it from there too.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
/me is an old hardware freak too, check mah profile out :D

I don't have any dos images here with me at the moment, but I do have windows v 1.1 and windows v 2 if you're interested :smile1:

oh, you might find this useful too http://oldfiles.org.uk/powerload/

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
there are sites that you can download dos disk images from...it's probably still considered pirating, but hey it's not like you can buy it new anyway :p

Normally I say the idea of abandonware is kind of shady, but if we're talking like DOS 3, I think it's fair game haha. People wouldn't use it if MS paid them :p

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Hmm, I was just going through some crap and found my set of dos 6 floppies, but this comp aint got a floppy drive :( dammit apple >:O

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Hmm, I was just going through some crap and found my set of dos 6 floppies, but this comp aint got a floppy drive :( dammit apple >:O

The only computer I own with a floppy drive is my acer laptop...it's how I was able to installed BOWEP :thumbsup::smile1:

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other

The only computer I own with a floppy drive is my acer laptop
How could anyone not have a floppy drive!? It is needed every now and then. Only my laptop and Downstairs office doesn't have a floppy.

I would say www.bootdisk.com I guess you could use the images. But not too sure on compatibility with your hardware. You could be uber geeky and go to www.kernel.org and download the linux kernel and compile it yourself :p

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Actually, I don't currently own any machine with a working floppy drive. I can't see how I'd ever need one :p. The damned things are so unreliable anyway.

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
Yup, I don't have floppy in any of my machines and I haven't found a situation where I'd need one for well over two years :3

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm right there with you with the floppy drive thing, Unmarth -- I find that I rely on them perhaps more than I should, but they never honestly fail me. I have backups of backups of backups of writing documents saved to 3.5'', just in case. If I'm transferring small files between home and work, I'll use 3.5''. I just find them convenient in ways that most people think CDs are convenient -- and personally, I hate optical media in so many ways.

And DOS? Gotta love me some DOS. If I could conceivably run with DOS now, I would ... but, eh!

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Ok, I haven't had a floppy drive in my main computer since '02 when I built my P4 1.6

My systems now:
main computer, no floppy
media center, no need for a floppy
12" powerbook, of course no floppy :p
1.7Ghz old acer laptop...no choice, it came with a floppy

I have a ton of thumbdrives I used to transport different docs, and store and backup stuff. As soon as I had the chance, I ditched the ol' 1.44mb mules. They were slow, small , and I had terrible luck with data going corrupted on them. I still have some floppy drives with all my old computer junk, but I've never really needed them.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
my computer before this was a celeron 1Ghz and it has a 5 1/4 floppey as well as a 3 1/4 one lol

Status
Not open for further replies.