patrick1776

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
I am on the upper side of Medium, but definitely not in the size Large range for adult diapers. But just for fun, I decided to order 2 cases of Large MegaMax. I assumed there would be more absorbancy (there isn't) and that it would be more comfortable especially with the seasonal weight gain coming up.

Last night however, I completely soaked my bed while the Megamax only absorbed a small amount. Literally more pee got on my bed than was absorbed into the diaper. So frustrating, and completely my own fault. Now I am stuck with nearly 2 full cases of diapers that I don't dare wear to bed anymore and have to shell out the $200+ to buy my usual supply of Medium.

It can be fun to shake things up and wear slightly larger diapers once in a while, but my advice is to stick with samples and packs, not multiple case orders.

• Wow
Reactions: KrankyPants, chrischrischris, Serendiapity and 2 others
Been there and done that before…

Reactions: chrischrischris
You're just going to have to get creative with the scissors and duct/tuck tape...
It's simply a matter of cutting off some of the edges of each wing of the larges, and use pieces of tape to fasten it up snugly.
Always a way to use that padding, even if it's too large for you.
Yes, the padding will rise higher that usual, but if it's fastened snug, it's only to your benefit.

Reactions: KrankyPants and chrischrischris
I don't seem to have this problem buying a size up with nappies.

this is interesting post. I have bought some megamax from nru too. I am 36'' waist, and so going by their sizing chart I ordered medium. they have arrived but I've not tried them yet. going to wear one tomorrow night. but have I bought the correct size

sorry. have I bought the correct size? also bought from them a romper suit to help hold up my nappy when its wet. n stop it sagging.

I'd be willing to buy a pack off you if you're willing to let one go😉

Reactions: KrankyPants, TheGrimmRetails and chrischrischris
Yeah I much prefer a smaller nappy to one that’s too big

You can double diaper. Make slits in a diaper and use the MegaMax over it.

• Love
Reactions: KrankyPants and chrischrischris
Looking at my local craigslist, there is only one ad for large BetterDry diapers. I was curious if it would be okay, but now, not gonna do it!

ben0510 said:
this is interesting post. I have bought some megamax from nru too. I am 36'' waist, and so going by their sizing chart I ordered medium. they have arrived but I've not tried them yet. going to wear one tomorrow night. but have I bought the correct size
I’m a size 38” waist and fit comfortably in a medium Megamax.

I made the same mistake but thankfully only on a case of 10, I went up a size and it was too much, there was a gap at the top of my legs and leaked like a bugger!

Lesson learned for me!

It also depends on the manufacturer. In most like Tykables, LFB, ABU A large would probably fit, but North Shore MegaMax. runs much larger for their mediums.

Last edited:
For myself, just buy a bag and see how it works out before you buy a whole case. Thats what I did before I found out that Dry 24/7 tapes was completely garbage and my favorite diaper is the BetterDry...

• Love
I'm right in that middle zone as well between medium and large. Lately I have switched to large as I found the mediums would leak more when half full due to lack of room. Although might be that I'm not the best at taping myself haha

Have yet to wear overnight as well

Have you tried contacting them to see if they would exchange the un opened ones for mediums? But keep in mind the megamax runs larger in sizing. I normally wear mediums and can wear the small megamax.

Seasonedcitizen said:
You can double diaper. Make slits in a diaper and use the MegaMax over it.
Only a seasoned citizen would give that great tip. 😉👌

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Ah, the ever common size debacle. With each manufacturer the sizing is a bit different. Yes, samples are GREAT for this purpose. Costly at first, but avoids the issue/expense of making a mistake.

I have even found that certain style of diapers by the SAME manufacturer can be different. A good example is the new Rearz Princess vs. the old Princess. The new ones are cut VERY different and the large fits more like a medium. The large size diaper is shorter front to rear like a medium, but the wings are almost the same as a large. They fit me weird.

I have a 34" waist in jeans, but wear a large size diaper because I have a very round butt. Sorry for the TMI, but relevant to the discussion.
I can wear a medium, but the rise is so short that it is uncomfortable and I have leaked out the top of the front when sleeping.

Where the mfg. places the tapes is a big deal. If the lower tapes are placed "high" or "low", you'll have to adjust the way you put it on. The lower tape placement matters the most for leaks. If the diaper is a little big, try "angling" the lower tapes up a bit to make sure you don't have a gap around your legs. If the lower tapes are "higher" then you can place them more straight across, but be sure to pull the wings out around your leg to prevent gaps.

Best advice is, try samples and practice on the placement your tapes.
You can always post up what doesn't fit and recoup some of your money.

Reactions: KrankyPants
I think the MegaMax sample I ordered came with one size large, one small. The small was perfect! Interestingly, I did not leak when I wore the large. The tapes were touching and it went up my back and itched my tummy, but it still fit me.

patrick1776 said:
I am on the upper side of Medium, but definitely not in the size Large range for adult diapers. But just for fun, I decided to order 2 cases of Large MegaMax. I assumed there would be more absorbancy (there isn't) and that it would be more comfortable especially with the seasonal weight gain coming up.

Last night however, I completely soaked my bed while the Megamax only absorbed a small amount. Literally more pee got on my bed than was absorbed into the diaper. So frustrating, and completely my own fault. Now I am stuck with nearly 2 full cases of diapers that I don't dare wear to bed anymore and have to shell out the $200+ to buy my usual supply of Medium.

It can be fun to shake things up and wear slightly larger diapers once in a while, but my advice is to stick with samples and packs, not multiple case orders.
I went the other way I had been loosing weight like over 40 lbs I wanted to try the medium but did not want to end up with 2 cases if they did not workout. When I made my last order for my large order I asked for some mediums and the sent me 5 free of charge.

My large as I lost weight started leaking time to time around the leg cuff. What I do is the bottom tapes I tape them under my landing strip onto the plastic diaper its self. I pull them snug and tape them downwards around my leg snugging that gap up. I seldom have leaks like this but wanted to try the medium and those samples came in and fit so much better. So next month I going to order medium instead

Give that a try and see if it helps stop the leak. Just be sure you have clean dry hands and get it stuck good because they don't stick as good as they do to the panel but they will stay put if you get them on firm. Also next time time you want to try something either another size or even something else like a pullup, When you go to check and pay with a card they have a place for you to leave them a note or comment for them. Just tell them you want to try a large mega max or what ever ask if they send you a few samples. I have done it several times and they always see my comment and send me some samples

Best of luck to you. But NorthShore has some outstanding customer service so please take advantage of it

Back