Done with Pokemon Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I want to share my rant here with others. Did anyone have the same issues as I did with this game?

It's a fun game and I enjoyed playing it but the bugs made it challenging like the GPS not working because it wouldn't move with me, it would freeze, putting me in the wrong location even though I am in the right area but it would have me in the wrong spot. The GPS would make me skip from one spot to another when it would locate my right location where I am standing. I had to keep turning the game on and off to reset GPS so I could use the Pokestop. The game would run slow and freeze and it would also crash on me.

Then two days ago all the stops were gone and the gyms and the Pokemon. I found out I was soft banned and it lasted all day. Yesterday I was able to see the stops again and see the Pokemon but I wasn't able to catch any because the GPS kept putting me in San Antonio and I wasn't going to try and catch any there and use the Pokestops there. I had to keep resetting and same issue again. I didn't get to catch any Pokemon yesterday because of the bugs and then when it did show me in Portland again, I wasn't able to spin one of the Pokestops so I must have been soft banned again. Then today I was able to see the Pokestops but when I go to work, they are gone again. Why am i softbanned again. Then the last straw was it put me in Texas again so I deleted the application. So done with this game. With their updates they have been doing, I am going to be getting lot of soft bans now because of their glitches so their server is going to be thinking I am cheating. So I decided to just delete the app because I could get perm banned anyway for "breaking their rules" over and over because if the bugs and something wrong with the GPS in the game. I have checked my husband's phone and the WiFi works fine and I checked out maps and it still put me in Portland so I don't know why it's putting me in Texas in the game and it seems to only be happening at one spot in the game, the park where I get off at for work.

I don't know if it was my husband's phone and if I needed the latest phone or what but it's not in our budget right now to go out and get a new phone because those things take up like two months of my paycheck and I am not digging into our savings for a new phone just so I can see if the game works properly on the phone. My husband has had his phone for over a year now. I was about 29 when he got it. So maybe two years now he has had it.

Also when I look up softbans for Pokemon go, all the results pop up about it alright but it's all about cheating in the game so obviously I am in the minority here. I am not cheating and not using any programs to cheat, I am just a victim of getting softbanned due to the bugs because of their upgrades they have done to the game to stop cheaters. But now the innocent ones like me are having more troubles with the game because their server thinks we're also cheating due to the bugs.

So someday if we ever get a new phone, I will give this game a shot again. I have my username written down so I can continue where I left off.

thats too bad! have you written to them to report the bug?
i gave up on pokemon go too a little bit. my phone is a bit older with a newer iOS so it doesn't run well at all, constant crashing and the loading times were so long. i'd always get out and get going on my walk just to have to reload the app after it crashed halfway through my walk. i haven't played since they updated the 'nearby' list but my bf says he doesn't like it as 'sightings' and pokemon have become harder to come by. i tried to load the game last night to help a friend with a gym (we are team instinct, so we dont get gyms often haha) and it crashed on open
oh well. i was getting pretty tired of the hype anyway
i would probably pick it back up again if i get a newer phone! bc it was a lot of fun! the nostalgia totally puts me in little space too & it's fun to go on adventures

I tried the game out for a little bit, but I was never a big fan of Pokemon to begin with. I think I was like one or two years too old when it started gaining popularity so it wasn't something I got into hardcore. That being said I did try out the game mostly when it was the latest new mobile game, but as they started updating it into oblivion it got less entertaining. Last I read they had attempted a fix to the tracking not working but are essentially killing it and making it less fun to play.

It absolutely killed my battery with it on. Even with the battery saver option checked. With the game on for a couple of hours my phone would be dead after playing it where as I can usually charge my phone over night and it would last me through the day even after a lot of texting/surfing/etc.

Not into pokemon myself, but yeah, I'd guess the problem is the GPS receiver in your phone more so than the game itself.

I had similar issues with the GPS in my old phone with a bunch of running apps I use (it would bounce me all over the place, tell me I'd run 1000km in 2 minutes because it briefly bounced me across the city and then back, etc), after upgrading to a newer phone it's like night and day. I could see some anti-cheating algorithm kicking in due to that.

They could probably introduce some kind of smoothing or "bad gps" detection to sort out cheaters from people with shitty phones if it becomes a widespread problem.

LstNwf said:
I tried the game out for a little bit, but I was never a big fan of Pokemon to begin with. I think I was like one or two years too old when it started gaining popularity so it wasn't something I got into hardcore. That being said I did try out the game mostly when it was the latest new mobile game, but as they started updating it into oblivion it got less entertaining. Last I read they had attempted a fix to the tracking not working but are essentially killing it and making it less fun to play.

It absolutely killed my battery with it on. Even with the battery saver option checked. With the game on for a couple of hours my phone would be dead after playing it where as I can usually charge my phone over night and it would last me through the day even after a lot of texting/surfing/etc.

One or two years old? You have yourself listed as 32, the first Pokemon games came to the U.S. in 1998...

KimbaStarshine said:
One or two years old? You have yourself listed as 32, the first Pokemon games came to the U.S. in 1998...

Might want to reread that. I said I was one or two years too old. As in it wasnt something the kids my age were getting in to.

LstNwf said:
Might want to reread that. I said I was one or two years too old. As in it wasnt something the kids my age were getting in to.

Ah, my mistake.

The game has been out for quite a while and now its starting to get boring with the first gen pokemon :( I pretty much have them all except for the regional ones and the three legendaries and ditto. The game is always getting changed but with the newest updates I have just stopped playing altogether :( as with the GPS stuff that also depends on how good your reception is with your phone company and such.

I myself have taken onboard coding and have started working with a team to make our own bot :p Yes I know I will get hate from this but look at it this way. Its not affecting your gameplay in anyway?

I think I may have to quit. It no longer works on my rooted phone. :frown: Oh well, I don't go anywhere often anyway. I was always running out of pokeballs.

I am done with it too. I had both a normal and hacked version of the game. (Only played the hacked to get a full pokedex and when I couldn't go out anymore) I did really good on my normal version and met some new friends and did really well in my town. The hacked version I collected every pokemon except the legendarys, raichu and muk. After collecting almost all of them I just lost interest and stopped playing.

I was into it for awhile, but after playing it for so long and spending so much money for incenses and pokeballs, and the outage of a proper GPS and tracking, I stopped playing it. For those who say I did it just like to join in on a fad, I had a Gameboy Advance Color with Pokemon FireRed, Sapphire, LeafGreen, Ruby, and Emerald and Pokemon was a huge part of my childhood. I just completely lost interest in Pokemon Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back