Don"t understand why i leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

makena43

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I went to work with no underwear to cover my diaper. It was true that bending over does make the underwear pull down. Anyways. I was peeing more then usual. Then on the left side it start. Tie leak. I did push it up. To help adust and make more comfortable which maybe cause it to leak. I did change at 4 hours. Should have I use my underwear. Bring more spare diaper ? I did feel so shame when it was wet on bottom of pants

What diaper were you using?

Reactions: Silversnell
northshore megamax.

What Size? I leaked at first when I purchased "large" but found that "mediums" were better since they were tighter in the legs, thus trapping any leakage. Usually get 6-8 hrs of usage from MegaMax and I take a "diaretic" for Type II diabetes. My waist size is 39 in ands legs are 23 in, which is a little tight for "mediums", but they do stretch after awhile.

I use small and I have 34 inch waist I didn't use underwear over diaper. I pee alot. I mean at a rate you are worried about a leak and not make 2 to 4 hours.

you may want to up the size of your diaper to a medium as you are at the edge of the size chart for a small, that could be the cause of your leaks.

Here is my nite time "diaper routine" - Large BetterDry diaper (Northshorecasre) with 3 Gerber six-ply baby cloth diapers folded in thirds width wise, placed between legs with another diaper folded and then "doubled over" from each side and placed horizontal in the disposable diaper just above the 3 diapers placed between legs, wrap BetterDry around both inserts and tape tightly.
Then I add a "double terry cloth panty" covered by a PUL diaper cover.
In summer, just t-shirt for sleeping: - in Winter I wear a "onesie" with snaps going between the legs to hold up diaper combination.
I rinse out cloth inserts in shower in AM and store for two/three days in basement laundry - wash inserts every two/three days.
One of my problems is I have to sleep in a "recliner" for allergy/breathing and use pads/towels to absorb any small leaks - none in the last 9 months.,
Also, I have to sleep with "male member" pointing up, which is probably why I have to add horizontal diaper insert. Inserts usually soaked in AM, but diaper can still be used two hours - (breakfast/coffee.)
I ordered the "double terry cloth panty" from BabyKins - style #11000 in Canada.
PUL cover from Amazon - Leakmaster brand works best.
Gerber six-ply baby diapers from Amazon.

Good luck - trial and error and shopping around will lead to success.

I've only tried samples of the MegaMax, so don't know the sizing well, but my waist is 32" and have never worn a small in anything except the original Dry 24/7's. Even then, I had some leaks until I changed my taping strategy. I agree with Rob: upgrade to the mediums.

I use NORTHSHORE supreme in medium. If I pee alot it leaked. Has anyone tried liveanew. Can any suggest a diaper there that. Might work

I wear the medium Northshore Supremes, too, and they're a pretty good diaper. I have noticed, though, that I sometimes/often get better service from a Northshore Lite with a good booster. I sleep on my back and sometimes wake to find the Supreme has leaked out the back waistband. I can go to bed in a wet Lite (or possibly even ATN, again with booster) and the bed is still dry in the morning. So besides changing brands, I guess you'll either need to change more often or add a booster yourself.

I was thinking the same but maybe going back to. Comfy medium. Do you think when the diaper. Feels tight it will make you walk funny vs abit loose and comfortable

I find it difficult to put a diaper on so tight that it feels tight. The shell will stretch, and one or more of the tapes may rip in the process of applying them. What does make me walk funny is too much bulk between my legs, but I think you get better at that with practice. Be careful that "loose and comfortable" might be too loose, i.e. prone to leaking.

I am agreeing the other guys that with a34 inch waist the northore mega small would be tight. Yeah I dont want it loose . to walk normal I am guessing 10 years. I have summarize reasons it could have leaked. 1 no underwear cover diaper 2. After I put diaper on i push the inbeween part on left side in. 3. I was peeing too much like 5 times. I though I need to change every 1 he 30mins.

Stop wearing diapers in public if you don't want to leak and can't master putting them on correctly (tapping a diaper is significantly more complicated compared to use of periods and can be even more devastating… as in leaking.) If you are having urgency issues, see a urologist.

Last edited:
Reactions: TyphaHare
Well I am happy to see you renfox your advice helped. I wear 40 hours a week. Would you like to help me with taping correctly. Your advice helped alot. Thanks. For letting me know about my periods. I will work on it. I read up on urgency incontence

• Angry
Reactions: rennecfox
Don't go out in tapes your not confident in, watch some videos on taping, and above all else reading up on urgency incontinence only helps determine a problem, you have to seek professional help about a solution if you are unable to manage it by yourself. This group is not professional help. Advice on this site should be taken with a grain of salt

Okay I got this. Thank u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back