does liking pink make one a sissy

Well thats good, because im liking these pink diapers lol

armydipr said:
Well thats good, because im liking these pink diapers lol

Oh what....you say pink diapers? Oh yeah, then you're a sissy. Okay....just kidding.

• Haha
Reactions: armydipr
670786_ts.jpg

(no, this is not a picture of me, but I shared the photo as it helps perhaps make the point I would like to with the post. You know, the saying a photo is worth a thousand words?)

Ummm.... this is going to date me I think. Perhaps I shouldn't post.

Oh well, what the heck? Here goes...

In my late middle school and early high school days, pink was not just for girls, but it was kind of the "preppy" thing to do. Here is a review of the fashion during this time (note... dates left out on purpose, but this is taking from an actual website regarding men's fashions in that time.)

Men's Fashion Styles in the '?0s

The 19??s was a time of new and varied fashion trends for men. The early 19??s especially saw trends that catered to every type of man from every walk of life. Many of the '??s styles for men embraced a softer, more feminine color palette. Other styles were ultra-male and urban.

Rap/Urban
Men who emulated the style of urban street wear and rap music in the 19??s wore shell-toe Adidas tennis shoes, black, tight-fitting jeans, Kangol hats and gold chains. Chuck Taylor shoes by Converse also went along with this look. Berets with the Adidas logo, or hats covered in faux fur were also common. Large, gold rings were often worn on several fingers at once. Cut-off shirts with no sleeves and looser pants were popular amongst the break-dancing crowd. Legendary rap group Run DMC popularized many of these styles.

Preppy
The 19??s was a time of great prosperity, and many young people became a part of the "preppy" culture, which embraced wealth and education. Members Only jackets and blazers were popular amongst this group. Many men also wore soft pastel-colored clothing. A pastel sweater wrapped across the shoulder area over a Polo shirt was common. Suits were sometimes worn with a T-shirt, rather than a formal shirt. The preppy crowd often wore sunglasses and shunned dress socks, instead slipping their bare feet into loafers or sandals with their business-casual wear. Characters from the movie "Pretty in Pink" and the TV show "Miami Vice" are good examples of a preppy look.

Cross-Gender
The early '80s
(uh oh, I must have missed editing out the years date on that one) embraced gender bending. It was not unusual for men to wear makeup, especially eyeliner. Many men who embraced this style could be found wearing lace gloves, multiple necklaces and tight pants. Hair was long, slightly teased and sometimes highlighted or dyed. Pop stars Prince and Boy George were examples of this style.

Punk
Punk rockers wore tight-fitting T-shirts with rock logos and graphics. Leather coats with studs were commonly worn with tight-leather pants or jeans. Hair was typically multicolored and gelled to form a sharp Mohawk style, and punk rockers often wore eyeliner. The rock icon Billy Idol was an example of this style.

Sooooo.... Yes, my high school wardrobe had a few pink shirts, that were actually some of my favorite shirts to wear. I can honestly say this had nothing to do with being sissy, but just I liked the look and it was the "in" thing at the time. If you don't believe me, take a look at the clothing on Miami Vice.

Fast forward a short few years...

So now in 2019, here I am, a rugged and rough and tumble western real life cowboy and my current everyday wardrobe has absolutely no pink shirts whatsoever... Yet sometimes my current choice of underclothing just might 😊.

But that truly depends (no pun intended) upon how I am feeling at the time. Yes I have some pink Dotty the Pony, Pink Aww so Cute, and other miscellaneous pink underclothing.

Does that make me a sissy? Well, for me, it is just a subtle part of who I might associate with being at times, but it is not a 24/7 reflection of who I am. Just a brief reflection of one part of the greater whole that makes me, well... me!

MOST of the time, this is not who I am. I am about as non-sissy in most situations as can be. I am very masculine in my endeavors and activities to be certain. But then there are the perhaps 4% of times that pink means more than just a fashion statement of the times.

🤠 🎀 🧸

Last edited:
Reactions: dogboy, LilxFawn and SeniorDL
I have worn on occasion, varying shades of pink dress shirts and printed shirts in my business/work attire, for much of my adult life. Many people, especially women, have commented that the color looks good with my skin complexion and on many occasions some have said "real men wear pink". I very much like the color, so naturally pink is incorporated into my ABDL apparel. Just last night I was dressed for bed in white cloth night
diapers, fastened with large pink diaper pins, a pair of pink plastic pants and a printed onesie with the background color of pink. Slept like a baby.

Reactions: 49beachdipe and BobbiSueEllen
SeniorDL said:
Just last night I was dressed for bed in white cloth night diapers, fastened with large pink diaper pins, a pair of pink plastic pants and a printed onesie with the background color of pink. Slept like a baby.

Sounds like it is as it should be.

🧸

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
One of little Deke’s favorite books right now.

Attachments

• AD62FE17-0B8F-4777-9B59-61455FCF3681.jpeg
    AD62FE17-0B8F-4777-9B59-61455FCF3681.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: DylanLewis, BobbiSueEllen and 49beachdipe
Definitely not. I’m a trans man and I love pink but that doesn’t makes me a sissy... Liking feminine things doesn’t make someone a sissy. Liking/being a sissy makes someone a sissy. We need to stop assuming that slightly feminine men aren’t men 🙄. Gender isn’t that strict y’all.

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Furrytum
Bingo! I'm agender/asexual and love the freedom of dressing or feeling as I please at-whim. I love AB Boy wear and love AB Girl wear just as much. Nobody else defines me by any minor or major facet of me...except me!

• Love
Reactions: LilxFawn
LilxFawn said:
Definitely not. I’m a trans man and I love pink but that doesn’t makes me a sissy... Liking feminine things doesn’t make someone a sissy. Liking/being a sissy makes someone a sissy. We need to stop assuming that slightly feminine men aren’t men 🙄. Gender isn’t that strict y’all.
The funny bit is that while gender need not be so strict, sissies by their nature often are. So while we can say that liking pink has no required meaning attached, a sissy could at the same time find it quite meaningful for them. Thankfully, I don't see sissies out there trying to mandate what it should mean to anyone else.

Trevor said:
The funny bit is that while gender need not be so strict, sissies by their nature often are. So while we can say that liking pink has no required meaning attached, a sissy could at the same time find it quite meaningful for them. Thankfully, I don't see sissies out there trying to mandate what it should mean to anyone else.
Thank god. No offense to sissies, but the majority of them identify as girls, which I am not. I’ve been told my whole life I’m a girl and still am told that everywhere I go. Just because I like pink that doesn’t automatically make me a girl. I hate when people assume shit like that. It just gets under my skin.

Reactions: Lyokodl, Trevor and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
Bingo! I'm agender/asexual and love the freedom of dressing or feeling as I please at-whim. I love AB Boy wear and love AB Girl wear just as much. Nobody else defines me by any minor or major facet of me...except me!
Exactly, i beleive there are no firm labels to place on me, im a conservative, with alot of liberal ideals, my motto is simple, if your hurting no one, then no one should attempt to hurt you. If i find someone being an arse just to be one i have a habit of planting a foot in their behind. Bullies piss me off, more than politicians.

Reactions: dogboy, BobbiSueEllen and LilxFawn
armydipr said:
I am a not into sissy play ect.. however i love the color pink, pink diapers, shirts ect...
No idea, it is what you make of it. Don't be bent up over labels as much. By itself, not necessarily. Usually people use the term "sissy" to express over feminine things, pink on its own does not fit that.

armydipr said:
I am a not into sissy play ect.. however i love the color pink, pink diapers, shirts ect...
It means you like pink, that's it....

Reactions: Lyokodl, Furrytum, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
Sissy could mean that you like YELLOW - BABY BLUE - LAVENDER (light PURPLE) - (mint) GREEN and other in between RAINBOW colors !
How PINK got to be associated with Sissy is as strange as PINK is a girls color - where formerly it was a boys color and baby blue was girls.

Reactions: LilxFawn, Furrytum and BobbiSueEllen
I absolutely love the color pink. It used to be blue, which still is my favorite because that's my color car right now. But pink just feels more natural to me.

Drive a PINK car you had to be selling Mary Kay cosmetics - oh the car a Cadillac sedan de ville !

Like many others have said-color doesn't have a "gender"-however, there's a clear difference between saying "I'm a guy and I like wearing pink dress shirts" and "I'm a guy and I like wearing pink panties." Lol.

(I have both pink dress shirts and pink panties-One of them I wear to work, and the other one I don't :p)

I can definitely tell you that liking pink does not make you a sissy I mean I like pink too and I know lots of men who like pink too but it doesn’t make them a sissy.

Does it?

• Haha
For heaven sake no ....pink is a love color it’s calming I wear pink lots in public everywhere . Sissy includes lacy frilly clothing little dresses things like that . Nothing wrong with pretty lacy cute things although it’s not for me I know several sissy boys . The only thing that freaks me out is a bearded man wearing frilly sissy things . It just looks wrong .... 🤷🏼‍♂️
some of my daily clothing and I wear them in public I’m not ashamed of who I am .View attachment 38403

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Furrytum, Lyokodl and LilxFawn
Back