Does it still qualify as furry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover
So, as I scarmbled through my unfinished stories I made, I stumbled on a one chapter story I called 'Untained Love.' I remember the plot as a young boy being abandoned in the woods and took on several details of a wolf. I don't know if I should ask this here or not, but I always had this questiong on my mind. I understand that the furry fandom includes animals with human characteristis, with fur or whatever your imagination leads to. :sweatdrop:

The question I have is if a character has a human body (with skin), but has fur like one animal, or horns or ears of that animal and plays as the protagonist of the story, is the story a furry fandom story? I'm sorry once again if this was a bad question, or it was the wrond place to ask, but I never really got a strait answer.

Enlighten me!:educate:

Mysterious

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I say it qualifies as what you want it to be. Sure some may look at it and deem it what they want but what you think about it is the important part. Just make it what you're happy with.

Orms Einbani

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Furry is what you make it, I say. If it's got a human/animal hybrid of any sort, then go with it... even if it's just a person with the mind of an animal (or the other way around).

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
So, as I scarmbled through my unfinished stories I made, I stumbled on a one chapter story I called 'Untained Love.' I remember the plot as a young boy being abandoned in the woods and took on several details of a wolf. I don't know if I should ask this here or not, but I always had this questiong on my mind. I understand that the furry fandom includes animals with human characteristis, with fur or whatever your imagination leads to. :sweatdrop:

The question I have is if a character has a human body (with skin), but has fur like one animal, or horns or ears of that animal and plays as the protagonist of the story, is the story a furry fandom story? I'm sorry once again if this was a bad question, or it was the wrond place to ask, but I never really got a strait answer.

Enlighten me!:educate:
as seen in cg anime drawings this is usually classified as nekomimi for girls with tails and fuzzy ears <3
but i think if it's has fur or scales or any sort of animal human hybrid then it's furry.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
as seen in cg anime drawings this is usually classified as nekomimi for girls with tails and fuzzy ears <3
but i think if it's has fur or scales or any sort of animal human hybrid then it's furry.
Anthropomorphics in terms of the furry fandom is animals with human traits, not human with animals.

Furry is what you make it, I say
Which is why the fandom is in the state it's in.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
Anthropomorphics in terms of the furry fandom is animals with human traits, not human with animals.
I dunno.... I think it can be the other way around too. I mean, why not? It's the same concept, just in reverse.

Last edited:

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I agree with Naruto. I don't see the point in calling oneself furry if you keep your yucky human skin. :B

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
I see the point. But then.... what should they call themselves? I mean, they'd want a name for their fandom or whatever. And they're probably going to end up at a bunch of furry conventions anyway... :confused:

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
I've heard of that before actually (I think. I know it actually means cat though). I guess that sorta works. But furries and nekos still share similar interests, so it's impossible to completely separate the two. So... not really too much use in complaining. :sweatdrop:
Yes sadly, freaking 'open door' policy.... *cough* YouTube - wolfeedarkfang's Channel ; zoophiles *cough*
I don't think bestiality is a good thing either, but what can you do about it? People are allowed to like whatever they want. I personally don't see the problem unless they're actually acting on it anyway.

Lone_Wolf

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
If you Feel Like you Want to Be a furry or you think it is than its a Furry.

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
You could get into the technicalities of it, but wouldn't neko(e)s be a part of the furry community? I mean, they sort of fit the discription. Unless they didn't want to be associated (which would be somewhat hard to do), I'd view them as something of a branch.

As for the original question, I don't quite think it is furry, but then again, I'm just one opinion. If you happened to say the story was furry, then I would have agreed, but I'm leaning just a bit on the other side of the fence. Your intentions can usually say a lot about a work of art.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
Everybody, and everything has some sort of connection to the fandom. We are just people... who like anthropomorphics. The fandom encompassing all the filth of society is no different than anon doing the same. So stop bitching about ope door polices and ignore the unsavories... they will stick to them selves

Anything is furry if you want it to be. Just put hair on it!

Ren

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
When I first heard the description I assumed the neko-ish thingy as well...if it's furry or not well I dunno but it's definitely more human, brushing barely the furry fandom more than actual furryism...guess it falls in if you wanna believe nekos are furries or not! >>

RFS

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
So a human with cat ears and maybe a tail, is a neko. What about taking it one step further, with a humanoid that's got fur, eyes, tail, that sort of thing-but a clearly humanoid face? I'd heard it was called a Bast, or some such. Also puts me in mind of the character form Karis used to use on his website, called a Khaati.

X

xdeadx

It's what you say it is. Like others have said It's only furry if you think it is.

In my sorta view though it sounds like a neko thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.