Does Depends Underwear irritate your skin?

bedwetterdavid

Bedwetter, overactive bladder, diaper lover
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I usually don’t like anything that doesn’t have tapes, but have occasionally worn Depends underwear when I need absolute discretion. But I’ve found that the surface material irritates my skit between my legs, especially once they are wet. It’s resulted in quite a bit of chafing and some diaper rash. Has anyone else noticed this?

Reactions: Edgewater
Not surprising. Depends pullups are like sandpaper. Honestly I tried them once was like wearing fiberglass

Never tried them. That said, the mix of ingredients and section of material used on their surfaces can result in issues from irritation, rash and more. If SparkyDog states that depends has a ruff surface, I believe it. For short term use, plastic pants may be a temporary solution.

I've been using Depend fit flex for three and a half years and have never noticed such a problem. It also doesn't feel rough to me.

• Love
Reactions: PaddedRita, Abnalover, Edgewater and 1 other person
bedwetterdavid said:
I usually don’t like anything that doesn’t have tapes, but have occasionally worn Depends underwear when I need absolute discretion. But I’ve found that the surface material irritates my skit between my legs, especially once they are wet. It’s resulted in quite a bit of chafing and some diaper rash. Has anyone else noticed this?
Never had that happen for me. They are the only pull-ups I wear.
Dependo

I rarely have that issue if I'm wearing a plastic backed diaper or even an Abena Premium cloth backed, but for some reason the Depends underwear sag when wet and seem to rub against the inside of my legs. This, along with the texture of the cloth backing seems to irritate my skin more than any other diaper. Maybe I just need to avoid them during the day.

• Love
I happen to really like Depends pull ups, but only the Real-Fit/Silhouette. They are much softer than regular Depends pull ups. I like them when I need to be extra discreet or when I exercise. Super comfortable and soft, plus they will hold an average wetting or 2 small wettings which is enough to get buy if you are willing to change several times a day.

Reactions: Abnalover and Edgewater
Back