Does anyone log off ADISC before turning off the computer?

Do you log off ADISC when turning off the computer?

• Yes

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • No

Votes: 53 79.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BernardFx

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
Because when I see the members that are coneced list, I think it's much more than what the real number is. I think it would be better to log out before shutting the computer off.

Fruitkitty

ADISC Content Editor
Staff
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I'm pretty sure you asked a different question with this poll than what you intended. The question seems to ask whether one logs off from their user profile in their OS before shutting down, but your post seems to be asking whether or not one logs out of ADISC before shutting down. If so, a better phrasing might have been "Do you log out of ADISC when away from your computer?", with "yes", "no", and "sometimes" responses.

BernardFx

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
I'm pretty sure you asked a different question with this poll than what you intended. The question seems to ask whether one logs off from their user profile in their OS before shutting down, but your post seems to be asking whether or not one logs out of ADISC before shutting down. If so, a better phrasing might have been "Do you log out of ADISC when away from your computer?", with "yes", "no", and "sometimes" responses.

Thank's. I'll modify it.

You can't do it yourself in a poll, so I did it. ~Martin

Last edited by a moderator:

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Never. Unless I just used CCleaner, I'm always logged in, cookies-wise. Doubt it always shows me as online, though!

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Other
Nope. It's my computer and my Windows account. No one else uses this account, so I don't log out. Anyone else uses guest.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I don't log off adisc, ever not even at my mom's. Here at my dad's I have no reason to be concerned with him being on my PC, he just bought a new one himself and he's pretty happy with that. Not to mention him seeing me on Adisc would be nothing new since I view it openly, though with him around I tend to stick with non TB/DL/AB topics.

That said I rarely turn off my computer so far it's been like that for over a year with no negative effects. I tend to come to my computer just about every 1-3 hours so turning it off and on would be a hassle with a somewhat long boot up time due to all the programs that are still auto-launch enabled.

At night turning it off would be a valid option and I might consider doing that as long as I am not idling in TF2, running [email protected] or just using Utorrent. The odd's of me not needing/wanting to run those at night are extremely rare. The electric bill isn't huge either for leaving it on all the time since I replaced the power supply with a actual decent one from OCZ.

WildRoseBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
This is my computer so I leave it logged on. I am pretty sure that the server notices when someone has not done anything for a while and removes them from the members list when they shut down their browser.

Wolf3188

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
I usually log off everything but don't shut it down. Even though this is my computer ( I built it ground up) my sister does occasionally use it. Just uses guest though. So usually I just log off so she can't get past my password

LilTwirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Other
I just never log off, lol. I merely close my laptop lid with everything still open whenever I leave the house or fall asleep. I'm often on here throughout the day, so I don't mind if it says I'm logged in at times when I'm not (though I do doubt it does that).

Wolfy910

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
The last time i reset my computer was in February

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Until one hour after your last page request it shows you as online, if you don't log off.

Me, I don't turn of my computer. Just lock it and I don't log off ADISC.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Currently active users (members list) and currently logged in users are two different things when it comes to vBulletin.

When you log in, you become an active user (on the server) and a logged in user (on your computer).

Logging in as a user means that a cookie is stored on your computer (or it can use SessionIDs... but that's a different story) and that affects what happens when you go to adisc.org in your browser. If the cookie is there and valid then you get logged in. If it's not there, or has expired, you have to log in again.

From the server's perspective, logging in updates your entry in the database to say you're currently logged on, when you logged on and your last activity (eg: replying to thread, browing, etc).. so if you go to someone's profile page, you can see when they were last active and what they did; and when you see someone's posts there's a grey/green light in the bottom corner telling you if the user is online or not. This usually has a timeout of about 15-30 minutes (depending on how the server is set up). So, the members list at the bottom isn't necessarily showing "this is how many people are browsing the site RIGHT NOW", it can mean "these are all the people who've had some activity on the site in the last 15/30/60 minutes".

Personally, I never turn my computer off so I guess my answer is no :) With that said, I use Chrome as a browser and use incognito browsing. No cookies, no need to log off, no nothing.

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I have my browser set up to delete the cookies, cache and history when it closes, so I guess I get logged out automatically...

LanceAqua

Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
I go on ADISC through my Wii, which is in my room, so there is no need for me to log off.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I log off adisc when I'm done. Then I clear my history, but I leave the main computer on for the sake of updates.

EvaIlyxtra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
  5. Private
I never log off when I use my laptop or my iPod touch so in a way its like that but since I have a laptop I do have to turn it off. I am pretty sure if I had my own desktop (the one in my house is used by everybody and is slow as shit) I wouldn't log off that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.