Does anyone else remember a diaper/nappy of this description?

SlashNBurn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I was just thinking today about what I remember about the nappies that I specifically wore as a young child...my memory in relation to my years in nappies seems to be more vivid than a lot of other people’s.
Thinking about design, I do definitely remember the specifics of some of the nappies I wore. I’m confident they were Pampers (UK), they were not plastic backed but they didn’t have exactly the same kind of cloth backing as the current Pampers. I remember the actual designs really well, they featured jungle animals (definitely lions). These I wore when I was a toddler, probably in about 2001, 2002 or so.
Does anyone else remember a nappy from this time fitting that description?

Last edited:
Yup, they were Pampers, they were already cloth backed but still had the plastic front part (taping panel) and tapes used instead of velcro, it was there that different themes were printed, I remember the jungle one really well since I was babysitting a lot at this time and changed many little ones into theses. Shortly after they even switched this front panel to a cloth version still featuring the same prints, but on cloth and using velcro instead of tapes. I've traveled with a family I babysat for in 2001 to Disney World and they were using these Pampers diapers with the tapes and cute front panels.

Ah right, so Pampers back then had the same design for both the US and the UK?

I wonder if there are any pictures of these diapers, so I can confirm it?

Not sure they seem to be hard to find even on google as I tried real hard and the words Pampers 2001 brings so many unrelated results about Pampers that its hopeless, I may have 1-2 of theses diapers stored somewhere, I remember vividly that one had an orange tiger and one had a green background with a monkey if my memories can serve something, one had a kind of bird also, think the background was blue or light blue on this one.

I remember those, this was the art work when pampers made the switch to the hybrid cloth backed, the diaper core had a cloth like cover but the rear taping wings and the front wings and landing zone was still the old style plastic, hate to drift on this but these were my favorite diapers ever, they were so comfortable, sadly right after that switch over (year 2000) here in the US I had a growth spirt and didn't fit them anymore.

Reactions: SlashNBurn
Have any of us been able to find a picture of these diapers yet? Even though I was so young, I remember loving those designs!
I've been looking on Youtube, at the diaper adverts/commercials from the time...with the hope the designs may be seen there. But though I did see one that looked like it probably referred to these diapers...it didn't actually feature the design frustratingly

Either that, or they’re like these, circa 2003-04. This is not too long before they got the rights to Sesame Street. These have the Fisher-Price Little People animals all over them.

Y'all just make me feel old. Then again I would have to go back to about 1980. Ouch. Lol well looking back the one thing that we did have was plastic backed diapers. They didn't really have designs on them at that time.

Last edited:
SlashNBurn said:
I wonder if there are any pictures of these diapers, so I can confirm it?

Possibly a silly idea, but have you gone looking through old family photo albums? :)

Reactions: SlashNBurn and lilshelly
depends4me said:
Possibly a silly idea, but have you gone looking through old family photo albums? :)
I thought about that. Lol I know myself personally I have a picture of myself in a diaper happy. I was a bit old to be wearing at the time but I had just had surgery on my legs because of my cp. I was not able to walk because I had casts up to my hips and spread wide with a bar in the middle.

depends4me said:
That’s not actually such a bad idea, to be honest with you.

They didn’t look anything like these guys, per chance?
347B5DCE-EBF3-4B60-B7B8-190008A1B187.jpeg

My sister had them.

Reactions: SlashNBurn and PampersboyLondon
I know back then they had a purple elephant on them, my cousin wore them.

Osthagen said:
They didn’t look anything like these guys, per chance?
View attachment 34681

My sister had them.

I miss these they where my first re-vist to pampers once they got the stretchy side that proper stretched!

Reactions: PampersboyLondon
I was born in '87 and was diapered in plastic backed Pampers or whatever brands they had back then with I think sesame Street characters on the front panel. The only time I wore cloth backed diapers was when I bought my first real diaper: an Abena Delta form. I've always had a plastic backed preference

Finally found a picture, at least we can see some parts of them, they were cloth backed but with the plastic stripe on front with the regular tapes

Reactions: PampersboyLondon and SlashNBurn
CodyBaby said:
Finally found a picture, at least we can see some parts of them, they were cloth backed but with the plastic stripe on front with the regular tapes

I don't remember the one with the elephant, like the one seen in the photo. Only the lion/tiger one.

Last edited:
Back