Does anyone else hear music in their dreams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
I have wanted to ask this for a long time... do other people hear music in their dreams like a certain song or something. Case in point, I heard in a dream today as I slept 'Cavity Search' by Weird Al.

It was weird. All the sudden, the song started playing in my dream as I was walking down the road of some city I'd never seen before. It was WEIRD. And this is not the first time this has happened to me.

I've heard other songs too in my dreams. It's weird. Really. Was wondering if anyone else has like a soundtrack to their dreams?

WildThing121675

Role
  1. Private
Yes, it's happened to me on a handful of occasions before. Sometimes it's a tune I recognise and can name easily, sometimes not. But like everything else dreamt, I forget it soon after waking.

Strangely enough, some of the artists I listen to claim they get their melodies and sounds from their dreams. I'm inclined to believe that's possible, but reproducing those sounds would be a mammoth task.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
While I've had dreams that feature music -- most recently, Bird York's "In The Deep" -- I have also had an occasional dream where the music I hear is something I've never heard before, and it's a fully developed piece with guitars, drums, keyboards, and vocals, as if my brain's pieced together these things from some kind of mind-band!

YoungNastyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I don't know if it counts, but I've had the Mystery Science Theater 3000 guys riff on my dream in my dream

babibear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I've heard other songs too in my dreams. It's weird. Really. Was wondering if anyone else has like a soundtrack to their dreams?

WildThing121675

I have music quite often. It's usually alot like movie scores and it can run the gamut from classical orchestras to symphonic metal and just about anything imaginable in between.

Last edited:

Rational

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hmmm..... I haven't dreamed music. But oddly enough i've dreamed pain. I dreamed I got stung by a bee and it hurt! D:

gnd567

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Yes, it happens to me alot.

I don't know if it counts, but I've had the Mystery Science Theater 3000 guys riff on my dream in my dream

Hey! That's so cool. I want to have a dream like that.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I hear music in my dreams all the time, and I wake up with them in my head. Of course I'm a professional musician, so often they're the music I'm teaching to the choir. Sometimes they're other pieces, from pop, or rock to classical. When I was in high school, my mom would make me turn off the stereo so I could go to sleep. I was able to keep a whole symphony in my head and play it as I fell asleep. I memorized and could hear the entire London Symphony by Haydn. I can still do things like that.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hmmm..... I haven't dreamed music. But oddly enough i've dreamed pain. I dreamed I got stung by a bee and it hurt! D:

Yeah, I have a good sense of touch in my dreams. It can feel cold or hot, I can put my hand on something in my dream and I can actually feel it. I also dreamed that I was dropping a deuce in my pants and I swear I thought I had actually shit when I woke up... but I didn't, luckily.

KodyNewlight

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Carer
out of the few dreams I remember, I recall having music before. Though the time in particular that I remember...it was a radio playing music in the dream..but hey, it's sorta the same thing. ^^;

MaximusPrime

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I sometimes hear music in my dreams. More often than not it's a familiar song. Strange Correlation: When there's music in my dreams, I normally end up falling and jolt awake, literally feeling the impact.

Rational

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I sometimes hear music in my dreams. More often than not it's a familiar song. Strange Correlation: When there's music in my dreams, I normally end up falling and jolt awake, literally feeling the impact.
OMG!!!!! I felt like i was falling last night. I was like omg???!!? Why am I falling?
Then my whole body twitched and I 'think' I woke up.

MaximusPrime

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Exactly!!! So freaky. Sometimes I wake up to the point that my heart is racing and I can't fall back asleep for awhile. Kind of a cool rush. Unless you have to be up early the next day... Then it's not so cool.

Sugaree

Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
For a while I would hear a Fleetwood Mac song in my dreams. I would wake up and I could still here it playing in my head and I'd wonder why that song. Then it occurred to me that the song I was hearing is actually called Dreams. Odd. Sometimes it still happens but not as often as it did about 3 years ago.

Last edited:

MaximusPrime

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
My alarm clock is set to randomly play songs from my i tunes. There have been instances where I've dreamt a song, woken up at like 2am and then later when my alarm clock goes off that same song is playing. Weird!

LunaCat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I do not know if music plays in my dreams. I am not sure I would notice it though, as I hear music all the time in my head when I am awake.

I am sure I have had music feature in my dreams before though, as I have dreamed of being in concert. (I was in various bands in highschool.)

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
I hear music all the time in my head when I am awake.

That. Its very annoying when your trying to go asleep, but your brain keeps playing random tunes...

I have dreamt music in my sleep before. Sometimes its stuff I don't recognize and could never reproduce. Which is wierd because I've never had much musical talent. I can't play any instrument aside from the kazoo. Mostly though, my dreams are just realistic. I can use the bathroom in my dream, feel pain, smell things... Its sometimes a bad thing because nightmares can be so realistic I cant tell they're fake.

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
I hear music in my dreams constantly. When I hear music, the music generally dramatically stirs emotion. I've heard some sad music to go along with, say, someone dying in my dream and when I wake up I'd be on the verge of tears when the music is stuck in my head.

The most recent time I've heard music in my dreams though was during a nightmare I had. It was pretty horrifying actually... won't get into the context. But it did involve someone I knew getting murdered, and my dream was like a detective-show. And there was piano playing in a very low key (like a distorted bass clef). I woke up with it stuck in my head at 3AM going "WTF!!!"

Little bit of anxiety attack... but I fell back asleep quickly :p

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Strangely enough, some of the artists I listen to claim they get their melodies and sounds from their dreams. I'm inclined to believe that's possible, but reproducing those sounds would be a mammoth task.

While I usually don't have dreams featuring music, I can compose the most amazing melodies in my head in the stage between being conscious and starting to drift into sleep. At least they seem that way at the time. But you're right, reproducing those tunes would be damn near impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.