Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Carer
I LOVE stickers! BUT....

signal-2023-03-23-141933.jpeg

My friend sent me this a few weeks after I told her about my sticker anxiety. I thought I was the only one! It got me to thinking- Anyone else have this problem with stickers?

• Love
Reactions: Jonnythepony and lilbabyjooce
I feel this so much. I used to collect stickers and put them in notebooks, so that I have them somewhere. These days, I send stickers in cards so that someone can appreciate the beauty of them also.

Reactions: LaLoneDigi
That's why I "stick" to magnets.:ROFLMAO: Reusable, fun, and cool. Plus, buy the magnetic adhesive sticker sheets and save your sticker, and thence into a magnet sticker unused until later deciding. If you actually stick it...(that sounds bad. Pun intended in funny!🤭) then you can...stickers are fun. Very popular decades ago.

There are many people who do major scrapbooking with photo albums and really get into the decorations. I think they're cute but never did it. I just save stickers that mean things to me from certain events in life.

• Haha
Reactions: lilbabyjooce, LaLoneDigi and rainbowpenguin
Wondercrinkee said:
That's why I "stick" to magnets.

:ROFLMAO: After I told my friend about my problem, she had me decorate her windows and refrigerator with magnets and reusable vinyl stickers as a form of therapy. 😂🤣

• Love
Reactions: lilbabyjooce and Woncrinklz
I have that with a lot of things now that I think about it. Which leads to...

Buy two of something. One to use and one to keep pristine.

Sound familiar to anybody?

Its similar to commitment issues when it comes to permanently modifying things like drilling holes in discontinued furniture, etc. I always strive to make things reversible.

Or video games that force permanent mutually exclusive choices or don't let you eventually get every skill in every tree. Items that are give and take sidegrades and not 100% upgrades across the board. I HATE that stuff.

Some completionist/perfectionist OCD and anxiety of giving something up by making irreversible choices and committing.

It has something to do with time and money sunk costs in getting to that point and knowing that if you ever want to make the other choice you have to start completely over with more time and money and can't ever have both in the same save file or universe.

Like a ruined sticker sheet, you'll have to get dressed to go back to the store and spend more money to buy another one. And if that was the last one? 😱😱😱

Last edited:
Reactions: Woncrinklz and LaLoneDigi
LittleAndAlone said:
Its similar to commitment issues when it comes to permanently modifying things like drilling holes in discontinued furniture, etc. I always strive to make things reversible.
Yep. I have this to a lesser degree.

LittleAndAlone said:
Or video games that force permanent mutually exclusive choices or don't let you eventually get every skill in every tree. Items that are give and take sidegrades and not 100% upgrades across the board. I HATE that stuff.
IT'S SO HARD!!!

LittleAndAlone said:
Buy two of something. One to use and one to keep pristine.
I have this impulse, but have yet to give into it. I'm afraid once I start it won't stop.

I imagine someone with this anxiety also exhibits it in other places. Excessive erasure marks and worn out paper when drawing, duplicate copies of game saves at critical point of no return junctures, save scumming to fish for the desired outcome or successfully gamble with no risk of loss, leans heavily on Undo functions, and highly risk adverse when non deterministic outcomes are involved.

Often the best choice is making no choice at all and walking away because you dont want to decide or don't have enough info to compare if one reward is mathematically superior and thus 100% desireable to the other.

The have your cake and eat it dilemma. Better to walk away with no cake at all or give it away so you dont have to worry about that responsibility. 🤣

Either buy two of every sticker sheet and keep one sealed, or just don't buy stickers! 🤣

Last edited:
I’m the same way!!! I have three sheets of Splatoon stickers I got back in September and I used some of them to decorate my iPad… And haven’t used them since! I can’t decide where to put them and I don’t want to waste them! 😫

To be entirely honest?

I deeply miss the old fantastic rub-on decals, I guess called transfers.
Usually, they were on some waxy-type paper backing. You flip it over face-down on whatever you wanted to transfer the image or symbol to, then rub it with a pen or pencil to get it to stick. Something similar was the transfer wet-based type tattoos that are still available in stores. Both rub-ons were diaphanous wax or fine plastic-based image with brilliant color and detail unless they were letters from the alphabet.

paas had them to rub or transfer onto Easter eggs a "million" years ago. As a kid, I instead opted to rub them on the wall by my bed because they were absolutely too darn cool for my mind to waste on an eggshell.

I'm not sure what they are formally called. Transfers? Rub-Ons? I suppose I have to Google it, too.
I got the Disney version of Robin Hood.
They're like a sticker, not that we are talking about pictures that stick or anything...but super-detailed with fine-lined art. Radiant colors. I guess they are too expensive to get now. I sure loved them.

All I own now: Rub-on single small alphabetical letters so one can spell out particular words before computer home printers were available. Old advertising and printer type-setters were the fashion as another example of stickers. Here's an example of the rub-on or wet-transfer things, outside of proper stickers.
Vintage PAAS Easter Egg Decorating Kits Lot of 2 Plus Holders-Hallmark  Stickers | eBay

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: messydiaper, lilbabyjooce and LaLoneDigi
My friend got me a sticker book to solve this problem. It's a little notebook that instead of regular paper it has the same paper as the back of stickers so if you put a sticker on the page it won't lose any stickiness . I do put quite a bit of stickers on sketchbooks, my water bottle, my phone, but sometimes you gotta wait for the right time to use a sticker so in the meantime putting them in a sticker book makes them easy to display and look at while still being able to use them when the time comes.

Reactions: LaLoneDigi and lilbabyjooce
Back