Doctor's appointment: just a diaper or a diaper with panties?

caffelatte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hi!

Honestly, I did not have any doctor appointments that would require me to get undressed for a very long time.
Since I'm IC, diapers are a must-have. The question I have in my mind is:
a) diaper + jeans
b) diaper + panties + jeans

How do you do that?

Kisses,

Ann šŸ’™

Reactions: Safari and SteveDallas
Really itā€™s up to you. I donā€™t see the need to wear underwear over my diaper. Seems silly to me. šŸ˜Š. The dr Iā€™m sure has seen adults wearing diapers before.

Reactions: freedom69, Safari, CaterpillarSick and 2 others
I'm with Ehorton. I don't get wearing underwear over a diaper. Most underwear won't fully cover diapers, so it's not really even hiding them.

Reactions: Ebabyboy12
Do what makes you comfortable and less stressed. WearIng underwear over diapers is preserving normalcy for some folks.

Reactions: Fullpants, FeekaDimension and SpacemanJack
If I saw a doctor, the last thing I would want to do is get undressed and wear only my diapers

I agree to do whatever makes you feel the most comfortable. I personally prefer to cover up my diapers with a pair of larger sized underwear and / or plastic panties. But do whatever you think feels best for you.

Reactions: Angelapinks
I say whatever, but as for me, I just wear my diaper.

caffelatte said:
a) diaper + jeans
Hey Ann
You can pretty much completely cover a diaper with the right panties.
Hi-waisted Boy Shorts or a pair of full coverage briefs will do it.
Just measure your hips while diapered and use the size chart to find your proper size.

A pair of playground pants, thin bike shorts, hot pants, tap pants, a bodysuit/onesie with a full coverage rear can work too. :)
Also, unless they really need to see your legs (and depending on the weather) a pair of thin but opaque hose/tights will also work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks and Jadetaylor
The last time I saw my nurse practitioner for a ā€œwellness checkā€, Medicareā€™s cheap version of a physical, I wore a cloth contour diaper with a soaker, plastic pants and my briefs over them. She told my PSA was high and suggested a manual prostrate examination which required me to lower all of these far enough for her to have access. It didnā€™t seem to present any problem for either of us but I was glad that I had used four pins instead of my usual two as it made it much easier to put my diaper back in place. I wear my underwear to cover the top of my diaper and plastic pants in the rear. They show somewhat if I bend over or my shirt comes up a bit and this is something that I donā€™t feel the general public needs to know. Personally, I think that the advice given in the previous posts, doing what makes you the most comfortable, is good counsel. It would probably surprise us all if medical professionals were to reveal to us some of the things that theyā€™ve seen. Stay padded, with or without panties.

Reactions: freedom69, Safari and ieyasu
If you need nappies and normally wear them, just go dressed as you would normally.

Itā€™s when you wear by choice, even if pretty much 24/7, that thereā€™s a bit of an ethical dilemma in terms of exposing it to medical staff. Though that probably goes for any unconventional or ā€œkinkyā€ underwear choice.

Reactions: Safari and RedPandaDL
ChocChip said:
Itā€™s when you wear by choice, even if pretty much 24/7, that thereā€™s a bit of an ethical dilemma in terms of exposing it to medical staff. Though that probably goes for any unconventional or ā€œkinkyā€ underwear choice.
I think this is especially true for diapers, because they are designed for incontinence, which is a medical issue. As a result, doctors probably feel compelled to ask about you wearing a diaper.

Reactions: GrumpyMonk
I wear snug underpants over my diaper to help hold it place and reduce sagging. Thatā€™s what I wear wherever I go.

Reactions: Angelapinks
caffelatte said:
Hi!

Honestly, I did not have any doctor appointments that would require me to get undressed for a very long time.
Since I'm IC, diapers are a must-have. The question I have in my mind is:
a) diaper + jeans

How do you do that?

Kisses,

Ann šŸ’™
When I started to need diapers due to IC issues, I wore underwear over them as underwear was always something I wore under jeans, but then shortly after realized there was nothing gained from it, and was just extra laundry to do.

That, as others have said. leaves it totally up to you whether you're more comfortable or not... the doctor won't care ;)

Reactions: Zeke, checkingoutall and DiaperGuy08
Whenever I leave home, I wear a diaper with regular underwear over it and a Gary Active Wear diaper cover over that. The regular underwear is just there to keep the diaper from sagging. My doctor has seen what I wear several times and thinks it is a good combination that helps keep my diaper very discrete.

Reactions: DiaperGuy08
Do whateer you feel is comfortable but if you feel like panties cover thhe diaper then you can dp that

I wear panties over my diapers, it's not that I necessarily want to but if I dont then the diaper sags so bad I have to change it well before its actually necessary or it will fall down. I'm sure my doctors have noticed but never said anything more than why I chose to wear a diaper

Reactions: Lyokodl
I also tend to wear the blandest diaper I have when I have a doctor appointment, to avoid any uncomfortable scenarios (either me or one of the healthcare workers, haha).

I used to wear high cut panties to contain sag and cut down on sound but moved on to using either diaper covers or just the diaper itself for daily use. If I have a urologist appt or to the clinic, It's just the diaper since I'll likely have to remove it anyway.

Reactions: Lyokodl and Jadetaylor
RedPandaDL said:
I think this is especially true for diapers, because they are designed for incontinence, which is a medical issue. As a result, doctors probably feel compelled to ask about you wearing a diaper.
I guess you could say ā€œitā€™s just an underwear choiceā€ if asked about it... or sarcastically say ā€œDo you ask all your patients about their choice of underwear?ā€

Reactions: Paddy2020, Lyokodl and SpacemanJack
ChocChip said:
I guess you could say ā€œitā€™s just an underwear choiceā€ if asked about it... or sarcastically say ā€œDo you ask all your patients about their choice of underwear?ā€
... I don't know why, but I read that in a flirty tone..

• Haha
Reactions: FeekaDimension and ChocChip
Back