Do your relatives, friends know you're AB/DL?

tobey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I never told anyone about it except my psychiatrist.
2 days before 2019 Christmas, my mom found one of my soaked diapers in the kitchen trash. I told her it was for sexual reasons. Anyway I felt awfully ashamed that day and we never spoke about it then, which is okay for me but I don't think she takes it in a good way.

By relatives I mean parents/siblings/friends, if so:

- What was their reaction?
- How did they find out?

If your parents learned it in your childhood :

- Did they accept it and even let you grow with your Baby identity/items/habits. (diapers, clothings, pacifiers, toys)?
(- Did they decide sometimes to actually play the game of treating you like an infant?)

- Or they didn't approve that and implicate limits (confiscate items)?

I'm really curious about if AB/DL is generally implicated in families.

Reactions: Peenko
Sorry I accidentally post the thread twice.. don't mind that

tobey said:
I never told anyone about it except my psychiatrist.
2 days before 2019 Christmas, my mom found one of my soaked diapers in the kitchen trash. I told her it was for sexual reasons. Anyway I felt awfully ashamed that day and we never spoke about it then, which is okay for me but I don't think she takes it in a good way.

By relatives I mean parents/siblings/friends, if so:

- What was their reaction?
- How did they find out?

If your parents learned it in your childhood :

- Did they accept it and even let you grow with your Baby identity/items/habits. (diapers, clothings, pacifiers, toys)?
(- Did they decide sometimes to actually play the game of treating you like an infant?)

- Or they didn't approve that and implicate limits (confiscate items)?

I'm really curious about if AB/DL is generally implicated in families.

Well, as of now only a few do.

- A childhood friend who i sometimes meet outside to do sports. Once during small talk i said out of context that i had quite the naughty browser history and she was curious enough to ask about it more, so i showed her a couple artworks i had seen in the past days and revealed the ABDL interests, surprisingly she didn't have a big reaction, just looked in interest and surprise, it was like i hadn't showed her anything compromising and i respect that, she didn't make a fuss about it like other people would've...actually...MOST, people would've.

- My closest friends who i call almost everyday via Discord and meet together during summer. For the sake of seeing their reaction to some of the same artwork i quoted above i just casually sent one of the pictures and said "Look what i found on DeviantArt". It was so funny because they were a tad unsure and perplexed about it, they didn't know anything of the sort even existed and were about to say something about it being weird or disgusting, but and then i just suddenly said "Heck yeah i'm into that, i like that" and they just shut themselves and stepped down the comments as to not contradict my tastes, also respect for these guys, as they respect me as well, they see me as the thoughest of the group even when things like these are brought up. 💪

- Lastly, my girlfriend, the least enthusiast about it unfortunately...just for now i hope. After almost one year of relationship i had to bring it up to let her know what kind of interests i had, if i had to share my life with her she needed to know my secrets. That one time she made me feel the pains of hell, she got SO mad after i told her, she forced me to tell i would've never thought of these things again and would have made them vanish from her life as well as mine :cry:. Of course that last thing just couldn't last, you can't erase things like these by keeping them repressed, i recently brought the topic back again and this time she was more comprehensive as she understood that i too had my kinks, but again, she made me bathe in guilt for liking this stuff, she said that i needed to act my age as this wasn't ok and that she's scared of not being ready to stand diapers, as to not disappoint me if she ever gave up out of discomfort on the spot, mostly dirty ones after she read a story that startled her shared by a wife of a fellow ABDL 😤. I don't expect my kinky time to always last 27/7, it's just something little to do once in a while! It could even just be the DL part and it would be enough for me! It wouldn't damage our lives at all, i just wish she would make the effort to make me happy by trying to partecipate, who knows maybe she would end up enjoying it as i ended up enjoying her BDSM stuff! 🙄 I already even told her, if she had a thing for licking garbage cans for pleasure i would follow her and do the same, i know my disgust receptors might be broken already, but i would do the same together out of love ❤️, that's what it's about, trying to make each other reciprocally happy! I know she can do it, i just wish the day will come. 🙏

Reactions: Safari
For me, very few know, however of the few I've told all have gone surprisingly well.
I have a close friend I met online back in middle school who knows and was actually the first person I talked to about it after he opened up about his fetishes. We did some roleplay for fun in high school, and after bringing up some ABDL themes in it I thought it was something I should bring up. I brought up the topic, said I was into it, and he was actually pretty curious. A bit of a tangent but I brought up how to fold towels to make a sorta makeshift prefold diaper and turns out he liked it enough to continue for a while. After high school, things tamed down and I think he kinda gave up on the kink after getting nervous about being associated with pedophilia, which is understandable. We still talk about kinks and stuff, though just whenever the subject comes up.

Another friend I told was actually a classmate of mine in high school. We met freshman year and got along pretty well. Fast-forward and we're about to graduate and head off to college. We had a small friend group of geeks and nerds and decided to do a pretty personal game of never have I ever. It was the last year and we probably wouldn't see each other again so what the heck, right? All is going well until my friend fesses to having a kink for pet play. While I'm not into it, it did give me the idea to make a collar for them, which, looking back on it was probably a really weird thing to do. But, they really liked it, and it prompted a conversation about kinks and it eventually came out that we both had a thing for ABDL. It's really uncomfortable to look back on, and I probably was a bit too enthusiastic, even if it was mutual, but it was my first time having someone in real life that I could actually talk to. I haven't heard from them since we graduated, but it was the first few weeks where I didn't feel like I was completely alone with this weird ABDL junk.

Lastly, family so storytime. I should preface by saying that my family is more liberal minded and that there was a reason for telling them. When I was about 13 I was in a very bad car crash. By some miracle my mom and I made it out okay, though the situation left an impact on me mentally. It was the first realization I had that any day I might not be around to see tomorrow. I knew I had these desires in me as far back as I can remember, and at that point more than ever I wanted to at least have a chance to indulge. However, as I was too young to be independent it would mean going behind my parent's back and hiding diapers in the house. It took a few months for me to consider what to do, and most of the advice I found said not to tell family. However, I'm very close with my parents and we had a lot of trust, and I really wanted to keep that trust. I weighed out the costs and benefits and decided it would be the right thing to tell them as long as I'm living under their roof.

I decided to start with my mom since we have the closest relationship. It was probably kinda dumb, but I scheduled a meeting in my room one night to tell her. I was so nervous about it, but I just wanted to get it out. And I did. I told her I like wearing diapers and her immediate reaction was relief of all things. Apparently she'd thought I was doing drugs or something, and hearing that I had a kink for diapers was a hell of a lot better. We had a good talk and I was able to share some resources with her to help explain what I couldn't. I also asked to see a therapist to help, which was also agreed on. The one thing I wanted to make clear though was that I was still the same person and that I wanted to still be treated the same as always. After the talk we agreed that she could tell my dad and brother, though I've never talked to them about it before.

To answer your questions:

-They let me indulge a fair bit, and it's normal to have a pacifier out on my nightstand from time to time, but I try to keep it as personal as possible. I can wear diapers around the house under my regular clothes, though I've mostly stopped doing this.

- As for involving my family in age play, that was a BIG no from the start, and I made sure to establish that. It's my weird thing and I don't want them involved. While I'm incredibly thankful for them, my situation, and how unbelievably well things have gone, I do not want them involved in this part of my life. It's not something they need to be involved in, and all I wanted was understanding and the freedom to indulge on my own.

Reactions: Etienne, Terrorbear, tobey and 1 other person
No relatives know. Only my partner and a couple of other trusted friends know 🐻

Reactions: Lyric and Deleted member 55019
Lynk said:
For me, very few know, however of the few I've told all have gone surprisingly well.
I have a close friend I met online back in middle school who knows and was actually the first person I talked to about it after he opened up about his fetishes. We did some roleplay for fun in high school, and after bringing up some ABDL themes in it I thought it was something I should bring up. I brought up the topic, said I was into it, and he was actually pretty curious. A bit of a tangent but I brought up how to fold towels to make a sorta makeshift prefold diaper and turns out he liked it enough to continue for a while. After high school, things tamed down and I think he kinda gave up on the kink after getting nervous about being associated with pedophilia, which is understandable. We still talk about kinks and stuff, though just whenever the subject comes up.

Another friend I told was actually a classmate of mine in high school. We met freshman year and got along pretty well. Fast-forward and we're about to graduate and head off to college. We had a small friend group of geeks and nerds and decided to do a pretty personal game of never have I ever. It was the last year and we probably wouldn't see each other again so what the heck, right? All is going well until my friend fesses to having a kink for pet play. While I'm not into it, it did give me the idea to make a collar for them, which, looking back on it was probably a really weird thing to do. But, they really liked it, and it prompted a conversation about kinks and it eventually came out that we both had a thing for ABDL. It's really uncomfortable to look back on, and I probably was a bit too enthusiastic, even if it was mutual, but it was my first time having someone in real life that I could actually talk to. I haven't heard from them since we graduated, but it was the first few weeks where I didn't feel like I was completely alone with this weird ABDL junk.

Lastly, family so storytime. I should preface by saying that my family is more liberal minded and that there was a reason for telling them. When I was about 13 I was in a very bad car crash. By some miracle my mom and I made it out okay, though the situation left an impact on me mentally. It was the first realization I had that any day I might not be around to see tomorrow. I knew I had these desires in me as far back as I can remember, and at that point more than ever I wanted to at least have a chance to indulge. However, as I was too young to be independent it would mean going behind my parent's back and hiding diapers in the house. It took a few months for me to consider what to do, and most of the advice I found said not to tell family. However, I'm very close with my parents and we had a lot of trust, and I really wanted to keep that trust. I weighed out the costs and benefits and decided it would be the right thing to tell them as long as I'm living under their roof.

I decided to start with my mom since we have the closest relationship. It was probably kinda dumb, but I scheduled a meeting in my room one night to tell her. I was so nervous about it, but I just wanted to get it out. And I did. I told her I like wearing diapers and her immediate reaction was relief of all things. Apparently she'd thought I was doing drugs or something, and hearing that I had a kink for diapers was a hell of a lot better. We had a good talk and I was able to share some resources with her to help explain what I couldn't. I also asked to see a therapist to help, which was also agreed on. The one thing I wanted to make clear though was that I was still the same person and that I wanted to still be treated the same as always. After the talk we agreed that she could tell my dad and brother, though I've never talked to them about it before.

To answer your questions:

-They let me indulge a fair bit, and it's normal to have a pacifier out on my nightstand from time to time, but I try to keep it as personal as possible. I can wear diapers around the house under my regular clothes, though I've mostly stopped doing this.

- As for involving my family in age play, that was a BIG no from the start, and I made sure to establish that. It's my weird thing and I don't want them involved. While I'm incredibly thankful for them, my situation, and how unbelievably well things have gone, I do not want them involved in this part of my life. It's not something they need to be involved in, and all I wanted was understanding and the freedom to indulge on my own.
You're alot braver than I am, I would never in a million years tell my family. I told my therapist once but it made things so awkward that I stopped seeing her all together.

In my street everyone knows . Some look weird at me. I have been open about it for many years. It's not illigal to walk in a nappy in the garden.
After years of researching and promoting true infantilism to the hse I made great progress. As I have told everyone I did it Not just for myself, but for all other people suffering in silence .I felt the need to act as a kind of ambassador 🚼

HSE supply all the nappies now.
They pay for my private night time carer.
They also have approved a second care package for early morning carer that they supply.

Physically I am sound. , But because of a long history of true infantilism the inner child won't allow me to look after myself.Even in hospital nurses tickle me when I'm regressed and change my nappies.

It's about time things change.
don't forget. Ab/dl is a Fetish also called paraphilia .
True infantilism is NOT a fetish.

I also rang Who (world Health Organisation ) in Copenhagen in Denmark .
I'm trying to get it officially logged as a condition.

I also build single bed size cots complete with mattresses.
Because most companies are ripping us of.
€950.00 is pre-finished price and €1395.00 spray paint finished.
Anyway be good boy and girls.

Attachments

• IMG_20210114_111613.jpg
    IMG_20210114_111613.jpg
    566.9 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Terrorbear
Adultbabycots said:
In my street everyone knows . Some look weird at me. I have been open about it for many years. It's not illigal to walk in a nappy in the garden.
After years of researching and promoting true infantilism to the hse I made great progress. As I have told everyone I did it Not just for myself, but for all other people suffering in silence .I felt the need to act as a kind of ambassador 🚼

HSE supply all the nappies now.
They pay for my private night time carer.
They also have approved a second care package for early morning carer that they supply.

Physically I am sound. , But because of a long history of true infantilism the inner child won't allow me to look after myself.Even in hospital nurses tickle me when I'm regressed and change my nappies.

It's about time things change.
don't forget. Ab/dl is a Fetish also called paraphilia .
True infantilism is NOT a fetish.

I also rang Who (world Health Organisation ) in Copenhagen in Denmark .
I'm trying to get it officially logged as a condition.

I also build single bed size cots complete with mattresses.
Because most companies are ripping us of.
€950.00 is pre-finished price and €1395.00 spray paint finished.
Anyway be good boy and girls.
I wish I was as brave as you. I love the feeling of being small and helpless but it really hurts me mentally. Their are some days where I wish I could end it all. I escape in to my thoughts and for some time I feel happy. I listen to a lot of asmr mommy role play audios and just hearing someone love me in a way I've never been loved before makes me feel like I could get lost in that world forever; but like always I'm reminded of what I never had and no matter how hard I strive for it I know it'll never happen. Which in turn leads to thoughts that aren't so desirable. Toying with the idea of reincarnation and maybe another chance at life and the vicious thoughts of suicide ravages my mind over and over. I know you don't know me so I apologize for telling you this, it's just... I dont know. I guess I just wish thing where different. Not just for me but for all of us here.

• Love
Reactions: tobey, Adultbabycots and Peenko
Oshjay2 said:
I wish I was as brave as you. I love the feeling of being small and helpless but it really hurts me mentally. Their are some days where I wish I could end it all. I escape in to my thoughts and for some time I feel happy. I listen to a lot of asmr mommy role play audios and just hearing someone love me in a way I've never been loved before makes me feel like I could get lost in that world forever; but like always I'm reminded of what I never had and no matter how hard I strive for it I know it'll never happen. Which in turn leads to thoughts that aren't so desirable. Toying with the idea of reincarnation and maybe another chance at life and the vicious thoughts of suicide ravages my mind over and over. I know you don't know me so I apologize for telling you this, it's just... I dont know. I guess I just wish thing where different. Not just for me but for all of us here.
We're so sorry about those melancholic feelings of yours ❤️ We share them.

Reactions: Deleted member 55019
Only my husband knows exactly who I am. Although all of my family and friends know that I act like a kid.

• Love
Reactions: Lyric, Deleted member 55019 and Adultbabycots
I told my brother , sister, and parents in my early 30's. In the last 10 months, my wife told my three daughters, my two oldest grandaughters, my pastor, 3 to 6 of her friends, I have told 6 of my friends, nobody seems to care that I wet my diapers at night and like to be a baby?? Its pretty awesome, If only my wife didn't care in a negative way, although she is not talking about divorce much now and has been very nice to me! We are going on a road trip to Kansas in 4 weeks to pick up a St. Bernard puppy, and she said she wants to spend time with me???? Will keep you informed?

Reactions: Terrorbear and Raylynn
Oshjay2 said:
You can talk to me anytime. Are you in Ireland ?

A handful of my friends know, mostly all online friends though. My one irl friend who knows was actually my boyfriend when he found out, i uhh didnt put away my paci strap and as we were doing stuff he found and asked "whats this?~" and i started blushing took it and told him id tell him another time. I ended up telling him about a week later about me being abdl, about how i wear pullups and use a pacifier (i kinda lied and said i dont wet, but thats because he said its gross.) Apparently he had forgotten about my paci strap so i didnt actually need to tell him. We stayed together for a while after but broke up.

• Sad
Reactions: Adultbabycots
All my IRL friends, some fellow furs, my mate, and a few colleagues know. I work at a place that's full of very strange people so it's sort of par for the course. My mom knew also.

Nobody has ever reacted poorly.

Sundae said:
A handful of my friends know, mostly all online friends though. My one irl friend who knows was actually my boyfriend when he found out, i uhh didnt put away my paci strap and as we were doing stuff he found and asked "whats this?~" and i started blushing took it and told him id tell him another time. I ended up telling him about a week later about me being abdl, about how i wear pullups and use a pacifier (i kinda lied and said i dont wet, but thats because he said its gross.) Apparently he had forgotten about my paci strap so i didnt actually need to tell him. We stayed together for a while after but broke up.
Sorry to hear, but that is who you are, if someone can't accept you for who you are they don't LOVE you

Oshjay2 said:
You're alot braver than I am, I would never in a million years tell my family. I told my therapist once but it made things so awkward that I stopped seeing her all together
I don't know if brave is the right word for what I did, but it is a risk that paid off in the end. Everyone's situation is different and talking about any social taboo is something that takes a ton of trust. That's a bummer about your therapist though, and I hope you've had luck with others.

I have studied everything about paraphilia,s and true infantilism .
I have spoken to many people, and most of them didn't hear about ab/dl and other fetishes.
They tell me it must be very rare 😜

When I tell them there are millions of people like usnthey were shocked.
Problem is that most are afraid to come out and live in a closset.

Would they expect A gay person to be strait? NO.

You are who you are and each of us are unique in our own way.
Don't hide. Be yourself. You be supprised how many people would be understanding, and the ones that are not can be classed as pure un-educated and ignorant.

I love you all. 🚼🚼🚼🚼🍼🍼🍼🍼🅱️🅰️🅱️🅰️

Last edited:
Reactions: Peenko
Adultbabycots said:
Sorry to hear, but that is who you are, if someone can't accept you for who you are they don't LOVE you
Its ok, we are still friends and he didnt break up with me because of me being abdl. We still talk and chat sometimes.

Reactions: Lyric and Adultbabycots
My close family, a small handful of friends and my family doctor know ...the last in the list had to be clued in after a nappy-rash attack was so bad (that) over-the-counter treatment didn't work.
I really haven't had many serious relationships but there is one person I'm happy to call an ex who - even though I never spelled it out - I dropped some pretty clanging hints ...we split for different reasons.
The last thing I'm happy saying about this part of me is that there are some in my life that knowledge of this would surprise.
-
GISW

Back