Do you wear around your kids and do they know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaddedInEastvale

Straight Diaper Lover
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I am still in the process of trying to tell my wife about my love of diapers. You may have seen my other thread asking for help. However, I am curious as to who on here might have kids and wear around them. Do they know or do you keep it hidden from them? Even if my wife ended up being 100% okay with me being in diapers as often as I wanted, I dont think I could ever be diapered around my kids. I have three of them...ages 7 and twins at 4. I just think it would be a very traumatizing shock for them if somehow they found daddy wearing diapers...the same things I trained them to get out of before. So does anybody have kids who actually know about you wearing...or at the very least, do you secretly wear around them? And if they do know, how did you explain it?

B

Butterfly Mage

I don't have kids. However, whether your kids know you wear diapers should depend on whether you are incontinent. If you wear diapers out of medical need, then your kids will eventually find out anyway and you can just explain that some people are just different and have different medical needs. If you are wearing diapers out of simple emotional/sexual gratification, then your children should NOT be told. It should be a private thing between you, your wife, and any other ABDL friends you have.

JAA

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I dont have kids and do not plan on it for several year but I will never wear around my children, it would be just weird i would keep it to the bedroom or might even quit wearing for a while

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
i have a kid on the way right now and i think i will wear around it, but id definitely hide it under clothes very carefully. and i wont discuss it with them either

C

Cherub

i have a kid on the way right now and i think i will wear around it, but id definitely hide it under clothes very carefully. and i wont discuss it with them either
I was recently in your boat. I became a parent about 3 weeks ago. Out of respect and love for my wife, I have greatly curtailed my diaper wearing time. She knows I like to wear them, and knows where my small supply is in the house. Since the birth of my first child I have not worn at all. I do not plan on letting her know or find out that I like diapers. That is something she just never needs to know. No one knows what the future holds, but I doubt I will stop wearing diapers. I may have to cut even further back on diaper wearing time until I can figure out when and where I can wear them. But that is about the best answer I can give on this question.

Good question by the way OP!

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
I have two kids, ages 8 and 4.75. :) Neither of them know of my diaper habit, and I plan to keep it that way! I mostly wear diapers when I have the house to myself, or when I'm otherwise assured of some privacy. Like Cherub, I wore quite a bit less often immediately following the births of my kids. It was a combination of being required to change diapers as well as the simpler fact of having very little free time.

BabyMitchy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't have kids. However, whether your kids know you wear diapers should depend on whether you are incontinent. If you wear diapers out of medical need, then your kids will eventually find out anyway and you can just explain that some people are just different and have different medical needs. If you are wearing diapers out of simple emotional/sexual gratification, then your children should NOT be told. It should be a private thing between you, your wife, and any other ABDL friends you have.
I agree completely with this. If you wear diapers simply because you like them, it's not healthy to present this to your children. If they are all grown up and out of the house, that is a different story.

But even then, why? It's something you like to do and you shouldn't involve your kids in it.

ozbub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
I seriously doubt your kids need to know. I think that they deserve to grow up not having to worry about this stuff. Kids have enough to worry about. Be their dad, that's what they need. Hopefully you can fulfill your personal needs privately with your wife. My two cents worth.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I do wear around my son because I wear them 24/7. He is still too young to understand. He has seen them on me and have touched them when he found a disposable one in his diaper bag and my purse and the cloth ones in the box. He used to grab at my plastic pants too when I would have them on. He has never said anything about it because he is too young. I am hoping he won't know about it and will soon forget when I keep it hidden from him. It's difficult right now to keep it all hidden so I am trying to break the habit. But I know he may find out soon because he could snoop and see them or catch me in one. Then I would have to tell them some people need to wear them due to bladder problems or poop problems. Hopefully there won't be any other questions asked like if that is why I wear them. I don't intend to flaunt it around him or tell him the real reason why I wear them. Plus I am sure he wouldn't want to know either when he is old enough to learn about sex and fetishes. I don't even want to know about my own mother in law wearing them sometimes even though she has a medical need for it. If my own mother had a medical need for them too, I don't think I would want to know about it and if she likes it or not or if it's also a fetish for her too. I don't want to know her sex life either and I was pretty creeped out when I found out they were having sex above me the whole time when I was 20. I would be in my dad's office on the computer and heir bedroom is above it so I would hear their bed shaking and also the fact they would lock their door sometimes. I just didn't connect the dots until I was 20. I think I would also keep my computer password protected and not ever let my son use it so he would never find the AB/DL forums I go to and see the stories I write sometimes. That would be a way of him finding out about me liking them. But then again, I doubt he would confront me about it because it would be too embarrassing. He could think I go there just to cope with my "problem" or I am really into the whole AB/DL thing or both.

bebehuey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Private
and one wonders when this actually starts.. hmm I'm actually leaning towards the imprinting theory, one of my earliest memories (2 1/2~3) was seeing my mom put on a maxi pad, while she was trying to potty train me.. (ahh, the lies start early) I know what I thought it was at the time. got caught shortly after trying one on, then subsequently got busted for putting on one of my little brothers' shortly after he was born (3~3 1/2) I was extremely jealous of him, especially when he utterly refused to potty train until he turned 4.

Newphie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Except for medical need, diapers around your kids is the same as around your parents and family. It's not something they need to know about and neither should they know of it (unless medical reasons and they find out).

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I stopped wearing when I got married, and didn't for a number of years until we moved to Virginia. I had Fridays off, and so wore while I cleaned house. I kept it hidden from my wife and kids for many years until about 5 years ago when she discovered a diaper order on Amazon. By then, our kids were grown and out of the house. My wife was very accepting, and I can wear whenever, except when the kids come home to visit. They have never known, nor will they if I can help it.

Role
Diaper Lover, , Private
If I had kids..... I just don't know.
This is one of the tougher issues here.
I'd have to give up real-life AB/DLism for a while. I mean, a LONG while.
Being incon, however, is different.

Garzilla

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I have two kids and I never told them about my diapers. In fact I kept everything so well hidden and protected so that they would never know.

When they were little, they are just in there teens now, I really felt very strongly that I sound maintain absolute separation between my interests and my parenting. So while I was a very nurturing and caring parent, I was the primary caregiver for both of them through most of there first 5 years or so, I was also very careful I set proper expectations and values.

Unless you are incontinent I feel it is very important to equip and empower children with the tools that they need to survive in an adult world. I also considered the types of conflict, the abuse and other possible factors in my own diaper interest development and used that to shape how I dealt with them. I weened them when appropriate, I potty trained them when appropriate, I never abused them (I was abused as a kid), I taught them to be loving, caring and to value themselves. Basically I did those things a good parent should do and I purposefully strived to avoid anything that might damage them emotionally.

Just because I enjoy diapers doesn't mean I have the right to raise diaper lovers or adult babies. My son expressed an interest in diapers and in a pacifier a few times past about 4 years old and I responded with careful and gentile encouragement to be a big kid. I had realized from early in there lives that I was raising adults and that I had the power to establish a strong foundation and them to help shape there lives.

My approach would change if one of them were to approach me at this point with an interest in diapers. I still would never tell them about myself, although I would show then the love and support that they needed. It is possible to accept and love a child while remaining non-judgmental and encouraging behaviors and development that will serve them well for life.

As a responsible adult who has a little side I absolutely see no good in telling my kids or involving them in my interests. It is fine to play with them, to get down to there level and just spend good quality time, and even to build mutual interests (not related to AB/DL in any way) like softball, soccer, playing with Legos, or whatever. To me this was the limit and I never crossed that line.

Role
Diaper Lover
I have two children my daughter is 8 and my son is 3 i wear around them alot as my wife knows and is ok with it but i hide it from the kids but if they ever found out i think i would just tell them its for medical reasons which is half true just dont have too ever day . I would never ever tell them i like it :)

samsonboy14

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I wear around my kids but I keep it very hidden. They are three and 5. I do not see a need for them know about things of this nature. I would not want to give them reason to have a fetish of there own, But if they did I would be understanding and want them to keep it to themselves.

Jack01

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Yea, I would not let know. I don't have kids, but I could imagine the curiosity and questions that would arise. Plus they are developing and trying to understand the world around them. Diapers for me is fun, and a sexual thing. I would keep it between me and my spouse.

PampersboyLondon

Est. Contributor
Role
Okay well here is a question to the parents if you found your nappies (diapers) in your childs room would you talk to them about it or just monitor the situation or would you tell them they are just like you and help them to be ok with it all? just thinking if my kids in the future get in to nappies I would openly talk to them and approach them about it. I would be tempted to buy them nappies cause bulk buying is cheaper but I would expect them to buy there own once they are old enough to work also they would have to dispose of them and do everything independently I would never want to change my child after they are past the nappies stage unless they are a heavy bedwetter even then I would teach them how to do it

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
I think it would depend on the age of my child. If I saw them in his room and he is too young to go to the store and get his own and doesn't have any money to get any, yeah I would talk to him about it because he could be stealing them. I would be calm about it and I wouldn't expect him to be honest with me because he will be too scared. If he were a teen, I would still talk to him about it to make sure he isn't bedwetting but I would also be cool about if he is just wearing them for fun and tell him I don't care if he is wearing them for sexual pleasure or comfort or because he is too lazy to go to the bathroom. He would most likely be stealing mine if that were the case and I wouldn't like that. I buy them, waste of money to have them get taken. Cloth I don't even wear, I couldn't care less. I would let him get plastic pants and let him buy his own diapers. I don't know yet if I would buy any for him.

whisko

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
yes, i do wear around my kids (they're 6 and 4). no, they don't know; they've seen me naked (it's inevitable) and in all kinds of underwear except diapers though.

to answer the other question, i can only guess based on a background story: until recently our 6-year-old wore pull-ups at night, and we were and are very factual - we told her she would be wearing them until her body decided to start waking her up to pee instead of just peeing automatically. and it has, so we deal with rare accidents in the standard polite way. we've tried to make the whole thing not a cause of stress. so maybe if we discovered that if one our kids preferred diapers, we may or may not buy diapers for her (i'm guessing that our kids could buy their own once they had ways to earn money), but we'd make it entirely her job and her deal. heck, right now her unused pull-ups are still under the bathroom sink, and if they slowly disappeared i wouldn't freak out...

Status
Not open for further replies.