Do you use the restroom for urinating when possible or just use the diaper all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cloth diapers have a lot of positives, but they’re incredibly inconvenient when you’re on the go.

I’d love them for overnight use (like this morning when I underestimated my absorbency needs and woke up in a puddle), but I just don’t like how they don’t wick moisture away and feel like you’re wearing wet underwear.

I use the toilet when I can for #1. I work a very high pressure job and there’s no guarantee of when you’ll get your next restroom break. That’s one of the main reasons I’m 24/7

Reactions: StarWars7
I can't remember the last time I used a toilet

When I am at home, or at work, I use a toilet. The problem is, if I do not periodically empty the bladder, then the pressure increases and it gets painful. But when I'm on the road, I put on diapers. I'm not looking for a toilet, but I wet the diapers, if I feel the bladder pressure. So I save myself the ever greater pain in the bladder, when I try to resist the pressure in it. That can not be sustained for long, then I like to use the diapers.
Of course, since I only wear cloth diapers, I feel the wetness in them until I get home, and that can take a few hours. But I'm used to that, and I do not mind.

Reactions: lonnie
pgfdp said:
I use the toilet when I can for #1. I work a very high pressure job and there’s no guarantee of when you’ll get your next restroom break. That’s one of the main reasons I’m 24/7
What do you do?

Due to the hyperactive bladder I find it easier to just use my diaper than try and make it to a restroom in time to use it.
Same goes for #2 as if I’m more than a minute away from a toilet when I get that feeling of needing to go, I end up messing my diaper on the way there anyhow.
I’ve come to rely on my diapers more than trying to make it to a restroom.

Reactions: StarWars7 and emp711
I try to use the washroom; restroom, the most possible that I can

I've grave up try to make it to the toilet for urinating because i usually dont make it, so only time i use the toilet is for number 2

alwayz said:
With disposable there is the issue of getting rid of used ones.

But with cloth, anywhere but at home, there is the issue of carrying around used cloth nappies which are heavy because they're full of liquid, and which smell. How do you deal with that?

I may have posted this somewhere else, but here it goes, anyway.

Diaper for #1, (and the occasional #3) but toilet for #2

HumanFly said:
But with cloth, anywhere but at home, there is the issue of carrying around used cloth nappies which are heavy because they're full of liquid, and which smell. How do you deal with that?
you can wring them out and put them in a ziplock bag

When an urge strikes me, it's too late, and I just do #1in my diaper. #2 luckily I'm pretty regular, so I'm able to use the bathroom

alwayz said:
you can wring them out and put them in a ziplock bag

Gotta do what you gotta do.

I still use disposables when leaving the house for extended time. Using cloth around the house and for short trips is find. I don't have the confidence with preventing leaks that you do and have not found the right number of inserts to stealth ratio. Sigh.

NotTheAverageMan said:
When an urge strikes me, it's too late, and I just do #1in my diaper. #2 luckily I'm pretty regular, so I'm able to use the bathroom

Same here. Except when you don't (and you have more time). That's what makes it challenging in retaining some toileting control. Thank goodness my bowels are reasonably behaved. My heart goes out to those with bowel issues.

Even thinking "How does my bladder feel? Maybe it's time to try using the toilet?" can trigger an urge.

When I change, it's usually while I'm standing in the bathroom. If I can, I'll pee in the toilet. I also try not to mess so I'll sit for awhile and will pee while I'm waiting on the bowels to unload. But other than those times, it's in the diaper.

I’ve pretty much given up on toilets, I go too frequently. Just easier to use my diaper.

Reactions: StarWars7
Diaper all the time, even if I feel like I'm going to pee.

Reactions: Sidewinder
As much as I can I try to use the toilet. The worst is when your almost there and now have to waste the next 5-10mins cleaning and changing.

Because I'm wheelchair enabled I tend not to use toilet unless I'm at work which are totally wheelchair accessible, and of course at home I try to pee as naturally as possible using my bladder 'timetable' owing to lack of 100% sensation. For everyday use I tend to use sheath catheter and leg bag which cuts out the worry of having accidents.

I too, have pretty much given up on trying to get to a bathroom. The urge, and the action happen within a second or two of each other. Worrying about trying to "make it" is just too stressful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back