Do you use inserts, stuffers, or diaper doublers in your diapers?

Do you use any of the things mentioned above?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I do not, but mainly because I do not really have access to any. Plus, it might be weird for #2, etc. How about you?

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I might use a booster thing, but I usually just wear several diapers at once.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Sometimes, but rarely. I like Abri-let liners, and used to use them back when I was mainly using cheapstore brand diapers. Since then I've moved on to Dry 24/7 which is sufficiently cheap, and think enough that no booster is needed.

diapermefast

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I normally use pampers size 5/6 diapers as boosters/inserts. However i normally also wear more than one adult diaper as well.

Gemini

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
I have occasionally used baby diapers as inserts, but never anything else.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
Since I wear baby diapers, if the tabs break when I stretch one, I use that one as a doubler in another.

diaperbobby

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I use a cloth baby diaper as an insert in my cloth pull-on diapers--just more abosrbancy.

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
I always wear boosters inside Abena X-pluses (abri-let maxis or equivalents), while I do so only occasionally in other diapers which are more suitable for daytime stealthy use. I never had problems with #2 because of doublers, and since a boosted abriform lasts for quite long, it's common for it to have been exploited to its full potential by the time I change.

Every once in a while, I double boost my abriforms, but then they become really thick! :D

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
yes.

i use the "Abena Abri Let Maxi" 100% of the time. they are quite effective, and haven't found a good reason NOT to use them anymore.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I haven't used them, but that is currently because I have never had access to any. I would willingly try them, if they are good I could see myself using them, because I have tough skin so like wearing for a long time. If they weren't so good, even if it was only one brand, I would probably decide never to touch them again.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I rarely wear two disposable diapers for more absorbency. I wear more than one cloth diaper usually but if the diaper has 8 layers in it, I only wear one.

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I never use boosters or stuffers. To me they just seem like too much hastle. I've never tried them though, for all I know, I might like them if I did.

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
:bunny: I always use a booster, mainly to increase capacity and bulk. At first I used commercially made (Dignity, Tranquility, etc.) but I found the cost factor was out of control, as the per each cost of the booster/liner was often equal to the cost of the diaper.

So I started to use other disposables (pull-ups, small size briefs) trimmed to the pad section with slits cut in the plastic backing (to assure liquid would pass through to the main diaper).

I usually prep up 20 -30 boosters at a time, so its simply a matter of placing the "booster" in the diaper before a change to truly double the capacity without leaks.

This creates the kind of high capacity, bulky diaper I prefer, without the constant cost over-runs caused by Molicare, Abena and Bambino diapers. In fact I use the booster with Molicares, so there you have it. :bunny:

Zekk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I use soakers, boosters, or occassionally a baby diaper inside my regular diaper especially on long car trips or when I fly on an airplane. In a plane I hate to get out of my seat and go to the bathroom in them. The worse thing that can happen for me in a plane, besides crashing..lol, is to wet myself and have a huge wet stain on my pants that everyone can see.

Viggo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
When I've had much to drink, my assistant puts a stuffer in my diaper..at nights too if I had much to drink...

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
Several diapers at once, because...I get crappy store brands. Gonna get online soon, though! At least I hope...:u

bobbyjeff

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I like to use two full diapers of differing sizes. On one hand it sucks that I'm on the top end of most mediums, but on the small size for most larges. This makes it difficult to find something comfortable for daily wear, as too small will tear and too large will leak if not put on very carefully. However it means that I can use a brand that fits in a medium like tena supers as a stuffer by making a series of small slits in the backing up and down the center mass of the diaper. Then cover it with a large size like an Abena or another Tena.

Some people talk about trimming, and I can see this for a baby diaper stuffer, but I don't trim the medium diaper as this allows me to have two stand-up leak guards. The combination of 6+ L of capacity and double leak guards means you can flood again and again. This is perfect for going to the movies and enjoying a gargantuan coke and a large popcorn and knowing that you can even stay for the credits without missing a beat :)

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I've tried several brands of boosters/stuffers. Honestly they don't do much for me. They are typically too thick and make the diaper uncomfortable for long-term wear... or they make the leak-guards gappy so you get leakage around the edges long before the extra capacity is utilized.

Maybe if I were totally IC and just constantly dribbling it wouldn't be so much of a problem... but I tend to wet in small to moderate amounts every half hour to hour (depending on intake) so it overwhelms the booster fairly rapidly and I actually get the same use out of it as I would just the diaper alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.