Do you truly trust Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm going to ask this as one of the few conservatives here and somewhat in response to the Palin thread.

I've heard quite a bit questioning Sarah Palin's experience, though few seem to be questioning Barack Obama's experience. All that Obama has in experience is 2 years as a Senator, a little experience in Congress and some time spent as a community organizer and author of his memoirs. I would like to know how people can trust him, a man with very little experience compared to John McCain to lead us through what looks like tough economic times, the changing face of foreign trade namely China, and deal effectively with what is going on in the war on terror. I'm going to say this, America has been effective at preventing terrorist attacks since 9/11 under the Bush administration. How can you be sure that Obama will continue this trend of keeping our nation safe?

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Republicans and Democrats alike will probably blink when I say this. Hell, especially for me being such a damned gung-ho conservative!

I trust any man who is running for president to run this country.

That seems like it would be a really slippery thing to say, but becoming a presidential candidate is absolutely no easy task -- if there were any dark secrets, any foul intentions, anything there that could speak to someone's lack of character, it would have been discovered. I trust that both McCain and Obama have the country's best interest in mind, and that they will do their best to see to the prosper of the country, if following entirely different political ethics.

In being a Republican, it's not that I despise Democrats. Instead, it's that my own beliefs in policy and the direction of our nation lie in a Republican mindset. Am I opposed to Democrats running our country? Not at all -- I just want it to be a man I trust, and yes, I do trust Obama. I have to remember that this awesome country could not function if it weren't for the balance of power between (at least) two parties, so I too can be happy to see a Democrat win! ;) It just means that our country is functioning like our forefathers intended it.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
i've kept out of most of this because a) it's boring, b) i loathe all politicians and c) i'm not american...... but i did catch a glimpse of both wanabee 'dents on a telly prog about the current finance fiasco and, for both their differing personalities, i don't rate either.
if CHANGE is what's needed, why bother to swap a rich man for the same?

Role
Private
I'm going to say this, America has been effective at preventing terrorist attacks since 9/11 under the Bush administration. How can you be sure that Obama will continue this trend of keeping our nation safe?
that statement is like saying that is like saying that because I latch the screen door at night i haven't had a home invasion.
We are still completely vulnerable to a terrorist attack. they just haven't attempted to attack us.

B

Butterfly Mage

I plan on voting for Obama. I don't neccessarily TRUST Obama, but I happen to trust McCain LESS.

Obama may have very little experience, but Palin has even less. McCain's mental and physical condition appears to be deteriorating very rapidly, and the thought of President Palin (at least now) is simply unacceptable to me.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Hey, I'm Conservative, and I think Obama would, so to speak, mess everything up. If I were allowed to vote, I'd stay out of it. Either candidate is bad.

Role
Private
Hey, I'm Conservative, and I think Obama would, so to speak, mess everything up. If I were allowed to vote, I'd stay out of it. Either candidate is bad.
how could any one mess up thing any more then bush did?

GoodluckBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
i'll just say, it wasn't Mccain who was personal friends of the guy who ran a plane into the Pentagon.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I don't fully trust him but I believe he will be much better the McCain.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
How can any one trust our government any more? It is full of corruption and idiotslike Bush. I just know that McCain's VP will be Palin, and that's a BIG no no.

Eulogy

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
As always, this election isn't about who you truly trust, its who you think is the lesser of two evils, I personally don't trust any politician...

But I will say this, Obama appears to be a little less evil that McCain(Guy looks like his eyes are going to glow and hes gonna start chargin' his laza)

Last edited:

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I plan on voting for Obama. I don't neccessarily TRUST Obama, but I happen to trust McCain LESS.

Obama may have very little experience, but Palin has even less. McCain's mental and physical condition appears to be deteriorating very rapidly, and the thought of President Palin (at least now) is simply unacceptable to me.
Obama barely has any more experience then Palin and hes running for president, not vice president. Everyone though Dick Cheney was going to die in office but he's still highly active, do you really think McCain would die? Also how likely is it that there will be assassination attempts on Obama since he is black? Hell there's already been at least one.

Role
Other
that statement is like saying that is like saying that because I latch the screen door at night i haven't had a home invasion.
We are still completely vulnerable to a terrorist attack. they just haven't attempted to attack us.
I suppose we can just ignore all of the various potential terrorists that have been arrested in the past years. I admit some of the groups were laughable, but others were potentially dangerous.

TB29 please watch this video. The F4 Phantom in the video was going only slightly faster than the jet that hit the Pentagon.
YouTube - F4 hits cement wall

Then tell me where the jet is.

Role
Private
Also how likely is it that there will be assassination attempts on Obama since he is black? Hell there's already been at least one.
Are you saying that that is a reason to vote against him? if that is what you're saying then that is racist.

Sam I am

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
At OP: McCain was a huge part of the economic problems to begin with. He claims to be a huge deregulator, his senate voting records match this. Guess what? Laissez-faire economics don't work. The United States is one of the few if not the only post-industrial society that practices this.

As far as experience goes, Obama worked in the Illinois state senate for 7 years and the US senate for 4 and campaigning for 2. All told 11 years of government experience. Besides, McCain has been in the Senate for almost 3 decades and what has he really done, besides voting against alternative fuel research, voting for the war in Iraq, voting for our financial systems deregulation. Further, he is in bed with lobbyist. Most of his campaign staff is made up of lobbyist. McCain opposes net neutrality! You can't get much more special interest than that!

At Goodluckbear: If what you are saying is what I think you are saying, you AREN'T very bright.

At Rance: Poor analogy. He made a few typos and I've seen worse. The mess the Bush Admin has made has not been seen by any president, even the worst ones.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
At Rance: Poor analogy. He made a few typos and I've seen worse. The mess the Bush Admin has made has not been seen by any president, even the worst ones.
I don't think it too poor. The sentence could have used a bit more molestation, and our country's state -- regardless of what anyone seems to deem a "mess" -- is capable of being much, much more ****ed up.

I don't necessarily want to imagine how much more screwed up we would need to get, but as long as we're not a gaping, smoking crater, I think we should be thankful.

Sam I am

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I agree we can get more screwed up, no doubt. But if you agree that Bush has led us to be in our current mess, why would you put your vote in someone who follows Bush policies? McCain voted with Bush an average of roughly 90% of the time.

Role
Other
As far as experience goes, Obama worked in the Illinois state senate for 7 years and the US senate for 4 and campaigning for 2. All told 11 years of government experience. Besides, McCain has been in the Senate for almost 3 decades and what has he really done, besides voting against alternative fuel research, voting for the war in Iraq, voting for our financial systems deregulation. Further, he is in bed with lobbyist. Most of his campaign staff is made up of lobbyist. McCain opposes net neutrality! You can't get much more special interest than that!
I suggest that you check your facts, Obama entered the Senate in 2005, so he doesn't have 4 years as a Senator yet, and for most of that time he has been running for President. And just to compare Palin was City Council member for 4 years, Mayor for 6 years, and Governor since early 2007, so she has over 11 years of government experience to Obama's under 11 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.